official DALLAS MAVERICKS vs. DENVER NUGGETS

The way this Nuggets team is built is EXACTLY how Cuban should have built around Dirk from the get go... If Dirk had those kinda guys around him, the Maverickswould have a ring right now...

Tough minded, mean, physical, athletic...

like i said above mavs have a way better bench...and have played good that last 3 games...

i'll say mavs win game 1 at denver.

I hope the Mavs lose
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

like i said above mavs have a way better bench...and have played good that last 3 games...

i'll say mavs win game 1 at denver.

way better? I don't have the stats with me, but I believe these are 2 of the 3 highest scoring benches in the league.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The way this Nuggets team is built is EXACTLY how Cuban should have built around Dirk from the get go... If Dirk had those kinda guys around him, the Mavericks would have a ring right now...

Tough minded, mean, physical, athletic...
Who on the Mavs who gets burn isn't tough minded, physical? Dampier wants to be, and he's really trying, although he isn't. I'dsay Josh, JET, Bass, Kidd, JJ, Wright, and Singleton/Hollins really aren't soft, they're all either tough minded, or physical, the Nuggets are onanother level, the Thuggets as I like to call them, but yeah you're right, I said about two weeks before the playoffs started that the Nuggets are in greatshape for whoever they play in the Playoffs.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by trublu86

^^^ We hungry to trying to ease our minds from a bad 3 past years. if dirk heats up like he did in game 5 wit SA, he is unstoppable.
Until K-Mart gives him a good foul and takes his heart away.

Dirk is going to drop another 30 on k mart with ease.

If this guy can take out the whole denver team by himself, then the mavs should have nothing to worry about
nateshout.jpg

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Who on the Mavs who gets burn isn't tough minded, physical? Dampier wants to be, and he's really trying, although he isn't. I'd say Josh, JET, Bass, Kidd, JJ, Wright, and Singleton/Hollins really aren't soft, they're all either tough minded, or physical, the Nuggets are on another level, the Thuggets as I like to call them, but yeah you're right, I said about two weeks before the playoffs started that the Nuggets are in great shape for whoever they play in the Playoffs.
I wouldn't call the Mavs a physical team by any stretch... They aren't physically imposing. You don't look at one player on this teamand think "Oh, he'll knock me on my $!* if I'm whipping his butt on any given night" or "Um... Yeah, I don't wanna mess withhim" ... That's the kind of thing I'm talking about...

The new Nuggets are tough... The Cleveland Cavaliers are tough... The Pistonsof this decade were tough...

If Dirk had those kinds of casts around him, we'd have a lot more to talk about in regards to the kind of success the Mavs have had this decade... Not justthe 9 straight 50 win seasons and no championships to hang your hat on...

Ive got the Mavs in 6.

Denver swept the season series but only one of the games was a double digit loss. Plus, both teams had injuries and missing players in most of the games.

I know Denver is the higher rated team but I don't see a huge separation in the teams. Dirk averaged 30 a game against the Nuggets this season, and had onegame of 44, so K-Mart doesn't intimidate Dirk. I think the key matchup is Damp on Nene. Nene has the potential to abuse Dampier. I think they will use alotof Bass and Hollins in this series, same with Antoine Wright. I see Barea's role being diminshed though. I love the Kidd/Billups matchup.

I have a full series breakdown on my blog
http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/04/mavs-can-matchup-with-nuggets.html
or here
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1589

Plus, I have practice audio from the Mavs this morning. Coach Carlisle, Dirk, Kidd, JET, and Barea
http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/05/mavs-practice-report-0501thuggets.html

Who on the Mavs who gets burn isn't tough minded, physical? Dampier wants to be, and he's really trying, although he isn't. I'd say Josh, JET, Bass, Kidd, JJ, Wright, and Singleton/Hollins really aren't soft, they're all either tough minded, or physical, the Nuggets are on another level, the Thuggets as I like to call them, but yeah you're right, I said about two weeks before the playoffs started that the Nuggets are in great shape for whoever they play in the Playoffs.
I wouldn't call the Mavs a physical team by any stretch... They aren't physically imposing. You don't look at one player on this team and think "Oh, he'll knock me on my $!* if I'm whipping his butt on any given night" or "Um... Yeah, I don't wanna mess with him" ... That's the kind of thing I'm talking about...

The new Nuggets are tough... The Cleveland Cavaliers are tough... The Pistons of this decade were tough...

If Dirk had those kinds of casts around him, we'd have a lot more to talk about in regards to the kind of success the Mavs have had this decade... Not just the 9 straight 50 win seasons and no championships to hang your hat on...
You can say I'm living in the past, but our trip to the Finals, we were no where NEAR a tough, physically imposing team. Not many people hadus being a threat in the Playoffs then, and while I won't say we're completely irrelevant, not many people (including a lot of fans) aren'texpecting much out of us. If we do pull it out, that just makes it that much more exciting, IMO. I'm fine with our positioning, I know a lot of our fansstill have faith, you're just a little more realistic than the rest of us. :tongue:
laugh.gif

Are the Spurs physically imposing?
ohwell.gif

Were the Heat?
Were the threepeat Lakers? Shaq was, but was anyone else?

I see you with the Pistons, Nuggets, and Cavs, it's nice to have that toughness, but a necessity? I wouldn't go that far.

my first team are the mavs then next are the nuggets, so whoever wins is fine with me, but if i had to choose, i'd root for the mavs because jkidd is myfave player.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Ive got the Mavs in 6.

Denver swept the season series but only one of the games was a double digit loss. Plus, both teams had injuries and missing players in most of the games.

I know Denver is the higher rated team but I don't see a huge separation in the teams. Dirk averaged 30 a game against the Nuggets this season, and had one game of 44, so K-Mart doesn't intimidate Dirk. I think the key matchup is Damp on Nene. Nene has the potential to abuse Dampier. I think they will use alot of Bass and Hollins in this series, same with Antoine Wright. I see Barea's role being diminshed though. I love the Kidd/Billups matchup.

I have a full series breakdown on my blog
http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/04/mavs-can-matchup-with-nuggets.html
or here
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1589

Plus, I have practice audio from the Mavs this morning. Coach Carlisle, Dirk, Kidd, JET, and Barea
http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/05/mavs-practice-report-0501thuggets.html

Exactly, Denver only beat the Mavs by a margin of 3 or less points in 3 out of 4 games. And in all those games we didnt have a complete team or healthy. Denver got there hands full now.

You can say I'm living in the past, but our trip to the Finals, we were no where NEAR a tough, physically imposing team. Not many people had us being a threat in the Playoffs then, and while I won't say we're completely irrelevant, not many people (including a lot of fans) aren't expecting much out of us. If we do pull it out, that just makes it that much more exciting, IMO. I'm fine with our positioning, I know a lot of our fans still have faith, you're just a little more realistic than the rest of us. :tongue:
laugh.gif

Are the Spurs physically imposing?
ohwell.gif

Were the Heat?
Were the threepeat Lakers? Shaq was, but was anyone else?

I see you with the Pistons, Nuggets, and Cavs, it's nice to have that toughness, but a necessity? I wouldn't go that far.
laugh.gif
I'll let you point out the difference between thoseteams and the Maverick teams of this decade... Here's a hint... It once again deals with an issue of Mark Cuban constructing teams poorly...
wink.gif

And just for what it's worth... Yeah, those Spurs and Lakers teams were significantly more physically imposing than any Mavericks team we've seen overthe last 10 years...

If Carmelo decides to show up and average 30 a game like he should be doing, then it won't be much of a series.

I hope the boys can get it done. The key in the series will be Nene. If he plays well the Nuggz have an excellent shot at winning.

laugh.gif
The old Frazier residence...

Talk about OD...
smh.gif
It really is. Its a bad spot for such a cool house.

Originally Posted by mrXfamous

You have some good points in your blog Trelvis TT.
Thanks for checking it out

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Kenyon Martin just bought a house in Arlington, TX in my parents neighborhood. I took some pics today. They are up on my blog, here is a pic of the front

http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/05/kenyon-martins-house.html

entranced.jpg
In your parents neighborhood eh?

grin.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yup, they live 2 streets up from that house. I dont live there anymore but its where I grew up

In your parents neighborhood eh?

grin.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Believe me, that house is comfortably out of place inthat neighborhood... I know two or three people that live on that same street, and their families were LIVID when that house was built... Sticks out like asore thump... Great neighborhood, but that house is above and beyond anything else... Dude was flaunting his money like CRAZY when he had it, now he's dead!+% broke...
laugh.gif

It really is. Its a bad spot for such a cool house.

Yep... And it don't fit in that neighborhood at all...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He had all those damn little doll house lookin things in the back yard...
roll.gif

That house has been on the market for like 4 years, too...
sick.gif
I thinkthere were rumors that J-Ho, Devin Harris, and a couple others looked at buying it a few years back...

Wait... You went to MHS?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom