**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

^^^Amaru: La tia no me a confirmado nada. Most likely is looking like I am going to be on my own to get tickets to the game at the Azteca. If that is the caseI will try to get tickets thru other means. USSOCCER.COM OR maybe other ticket outlets.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Socal Luis:

so que son tus planes para viajar al juego en el Azteca????

I'm 90% sure I'm going. I'm waiting on my friend to get his passport and we'll buy our plane and match tickets after that. You gona go?

damn we got our ##% handed to us...not much to say, horrible team defense, miss communication, no offense and when we did see a little bit of it we would losecontrol.

I want too. Just waiting to hear from my aunt in Mexico city. But most likely I am going. Flying from TJ TO D.F.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

I want too. Just waiting to hear from my aunt in Mexico city. But most likely I am going. Flying from TJ TO D.F.

same here man, tj is cheaper. i'll keep u updated with what we do we might be able to catch the same flight. i found round trip flights for 200 last timei looked.

I expect us to put a stomping on honduras on saturday.. and mexico does not know what they have coming at them, if the U.S. was having trouble with the mara,imagine what they are going to do to mexico.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I expect us to put a stomping on honduras on saturday.. and mexico does not know what they have coming at them, if the U.S. was having trouble with the mara, imagine what they are going to do to mexico.

roll.gif
at putting cuah and conejo perez in the line up. those old *%!%!won't do anything.

Tough one guys... a game we were expected to lose I believe, but still... didn't want to see us lose the way we did, in embarrassing fashion that willprobably have the players second guessing themselves.

Let's hope we come out and do work on Saturday and put this one behind us quickly... i really don't feel like having to sweat out qualifying the restof the way, a win would do us good.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

with this team, the US is gonna get humiliated in the confed cup.
You never know, I think we advance to the knock out round.

it was a really bad loss, but even so, playing on a neutral site is a lot different than playing away to 60,000 fans especially on that"field"...its probably as big of a home court advantage as trying to play Bolivia in La Paz

Some of you need to quit complaining about the turf. The ball rolls and bounces the same for both teams and if they can't adjust to the playing field at this level then maybe they shouldn't be there.
laugh.gif
right but they're used to playing on that surface

CONCACRAP simply has too many WCQ spots. Neither one of the regional powerhouses (USA or Mexico) are capable of making a splash at the international stage.

It's unfortunate how the CONCACRAP WCQ works...6 teams make the final round and they get 3.5 spots. FIFA should reconsider this and give only 2 guaranteedspots and half spot to the 3rd place finisher.

It's such a joke...due to the weakness of the division, countries such as Trinidad or El Salvador could gain an automatic birth to the World Cup just bywinning 4 of their matches.

CONCACAF to host first leg of World Cup qualifying playoff against South American team

NEW YORK - The fourth-place finisher in CONCACAF's World Cup qualifying will host the first leg of a two-game playoff against a team from South America forthe final berth in the 32-team field next year in South Africa. CONCACAF was drawn to stage the first match on November 14 at the FIFA Congress in the Bahamason Tuesday. The two-day FIFA Congress followed the CONCACAF Congress, which was held on Monday at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Thefifth-place team in South America will host the second leg on November 18, with the aggregate winner completing the World Cup field.

Link

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

CONCACRAP simply has too many WCQ spots. Neither one of the regional powerhouses (USA or Mexico) are capable of making a splash at the international stage.

It's unfortunate how the CONCACRAP WCQ works...6 teams make the final round and they get 3.5 spots. FIFA should reconsider this and give only 2 guaranteed spots and half spot to the 3rd place finisher.

It's such a joke...due to the weakness of the division, countries such as Trinidad or El Salvador could gain an automatic birth to the World Cup just by winning 4 of their matches.
Isn't that the whole point of qualifying??????? Win your matches and QUALIFY?

Anyways my predictions for today:

USA 2-0 Honduras
Mexico 0-0 El Salvador
Trinidad 2-2 Costa Rica

I want to see:
USA 3-0
Mexico 0- 2 El Salvador
Trinidad 2-0 Costa Rica

CR 2 TR 1 US 2 HON 2 ES 2 MEX 1 Cuscatlan is going to be a warzone tonite. I really hope la selecta plays up to the crowd. If we can just get a goal earlyon....MExico will for sure crumble and resort to dirty tactics. If y'all dont know who Castillo is, you will by tonite. QUE VIVA LA SELECTA!!!!!!!

^^CAstillo is siiiiiiiiiiiick and I agree with everything EZLN said. Playing in Central America is no easy task, the weather and the fans can make it anightmare for any visiting team.

Back
Top Bottom