OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

New Pickups

Happy! is getting pretty good. Issue #2 dropped yesterday
Happy_2.jpg

Just found out they dropped a Very Merry Variant
mean.gif
(I didn't see any at my local shop)
The artwork in Batman Li'l Gotham was pretty koo

A+X is pretty good also. They're going to have a Team Up of one Avenger character and one X-Men character in every issue
Issue #1 (Captain America & Cable and HULK & Wolverine)
detail.jpg

Issue #2
Avengers-plus-X-Men-2-Marvel-Now.jpg
excited to pick these bad boys up this weekend!!!

Anyone read this?

Finally gave this a chance and finished reading Issue #14 just now. I'm surprised at how much of a following it's received.

It starts off slow but picks up in the middle of Vol 2 and improves from there. Issue #0 is a 100 page intro into how the character was created. LDB started off as a web-comic before it was picked up by Image. The main character is LDB. He likes to wear band tees, listen to music, buy vinyl, and is pretty much a loner. It surprised me though, I can say that much.

And oh my lord this Invincible Iron Man Vol. 1 is good :wow:
I figured I would start this since it just finished

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invincible_Iron_Man

Invincible+Iron+Man+Five+Nightmares.jpg

Last edited:
FINALLY got a set of [part 1] of Batman: Widening Gyre (issues 1-6, part 2 with issues 7-12 TBA) via consignment section in my shop :smokin

heard a rumor that with the success of "Comic Book Men", DC plans to release the 2nd set (issues 7-12) in 2013 :D I'm a huge fan of this villain (Onomatopoeia) that Kevin Smith created & wish he'd appear in MORE DC stuff; already owned the issues of Green Arrow that he was in

also picked up the 2012 annual of TMNT:

Last edited:
Contemplating if I should go ahead and buy each individual issue of the final storyline Invincible Iron Man...Definitely would complete my set.

Last edited:
CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WEDNESDAY! Issue #1 of Deadpool's Marvel NOW series, part 4 of Minimum Carnage arc (Scarlet Spider #11), & Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight #2! Know I'm buying at least 2 variants & a regular of Deadpool :smokin

Last edited:
Its the Dark Knight on TV. So its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
mean.gif
That is not the Green Arrow I know.
I don't really know the back story of the OG Green Arrow...But after watching the pilot episode...I thought it was alright. Don'te really have an interest in continuing the series though.

picked up the 2012 annual of TMNT:

yup... so did i... i didn't even know it was coming out last wed either... came in there thinking i was buying issue 15, dude knows i buy the tmnt comics and showed me this and he ordered it for me too :nthat:
didn't read it yet :smh:
also i'm trying to get the micros series for the tmnt and i'm only missing issues 1,2,4 :nerd:

I read the first trade for Invincible and was thoroughly impressed. They closed down our last comic shop here so I haven't read anything passed it but I loved all the family matters references. Did you also catch the Spider-Man crossover? It's a good read. Recently I've been really deep into both the amazing and ultimate Spider-Man, especially after the Spider-Men crossover. That and X-Force and the whole AVX summer event. I've always been a big marvel head since 91. It's what got me both into comics and pretty nuh reading for fun. I love anything by both Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb. The Long Halloween and Spider-Man blue are two of my all time favorite series. But the last thing I read that surprised me was Gen13. I remember seeing the advertisements for it for in Wizard forever ago then I finally picked up the origin trade and sunk my teeth into it.

I don't really know the back story of the OG Green Arrow...But after watching the pilot episode...I thought it was alright. Don'te really have an interest in continuing the series though.
I think it's a really good show. The story was well developed and they didn't stray far from the origin at all. And yeah it is Batman on TV but that's always how it's been with Oliver Queen. If you need a billionaire playboy by day and a vigilante at night and can't secure the rights to Batman. You get Green Arrow whose cannon is almost as good as Batman. His Rogue's gallery isn't as well known but its definitely worth watching to see what's next. And they're really good at cliffhangers in that show. The fight choreography is pretty solid too.

I read the first trade for Invincible and was thoroughly impressed. They closed down our last comic shop here so I haven't read anything passed it but I loved all the family matters references. Did you also catch the Spider-Man crossover? It's a good read. Recently I've been really deep into both the amazing and ultimate Spider-Man, especially after the Spider-Men crossover. That and X-Force and the whole AVX summer event. I've always been a big marvel head since 91. It's what got me both into comics and pretty nuh reading for fun. I love anything by both Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb. The Long Halloween and Spider-Man blue are two of my all time favorite series. But the last thing I read that surprised me was Gen13. I remember seeing the advertisements for it for in Wizard forever ago then I finally picked up the origin trade and sunk my teeth into it.
a sucks they closed down the shop. Use comixology , its what I do. Digital comics are the future.

If by crossover you mean spider men and it was good but I wanted to know what the 616 Miles is like

FINALLY got a set of [part 1] of Batman: Widening Gyre (issues 1-6, part 2 with issues 7-12 TBA) via consignment section in my shop
smokin.gif

heard a rumor that with the success of "Comic Book Men", DC plans to release the 2nd set (issues 7-12) in 2013
happy.gif
I'm a huge fan of this villain (Onomatopoeia) that Kevin Smith created & wish he'd appear in MORE DC stuff; already owned the issues of Green Arrow that he was in
also picked up the 2012 annual of TMNT:
infamous- quick question since u have kinda helped me with my newly found love for comics what are "annual" releases is it kinda like a vol. that contains a series of issues of is it an entire different story/series 

a sucks they closed down the shop. Use comixology , its what I do. Digital comics are the future.
If by crossover you mean spider men and it was good but I wanted to know what the 616 Miles is like
I meant the Invincible/Spider-Man crossover. There was a line in it after he met with the Avengers particularly Spider-Man and Ironman where he pointed to Captain America and Luke Cage and said "and lemme guess Flag-Man and uhhh...Black-Man?" I died.

Its the Dark Knight on TV. So its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD :smh: That is not the Green Arrow I know.

Totally agree with outlaw8413, Green Arrow is and always has been sort of a Batman clone. Still, I do like how they've handled the show so far. There might be some cheesiness here and there, but it plays the part. I'm actually surprised there's no Arrow thread on NT yet, I guess not a lot of peeps here watch the show.

infamous- quick question since u have kinda helped me with my newly found love for comics what are "annual" releases is it kinda like a vol. that contains a series of issues of is it an entire different story/series 

first off, thanks for the compliment. love getting people into comics/video games/anime

I'll try to explain this as easily as possible, so here we go. A comic book annual usuallly has a larger page count than its monthly counterpart; leaving room for longer single stories (for example in this TMNT annual, it shows the "bromance" between Raph & Casey Jones) , multiple stories in a single annual, and/or "extra" material that the monthly issues lack the space for. These "extras" may include biographical information on featured characters, full-page pin-ups of characters, reprints of previously published material, or all-new short stories (often called "back-up" stories). Annuals (like this TMNT one) are sometimes printed on higher-quality paper/card stock too so they're usually $6.99 or above

i appreciated the useful info, i have been following TMNT (series 5-on issue 11) which is great may i add, and started on the micro series as well...i just started to read a small description on the TMNT annual but was curious to what "annual" actually meant i guess im guna have to scoop up this as well, im guna assume this is pre-finding his brothers or all while reunited with his brothers???

^I won't spoil it for you, just gonna say this:

it's Casey x Raph, Leo/Don/Mikey, crooked cops, & a few ninja clans all after ONE suitcase :smokin

Last edited:
I meant the Invincible/Spider-Man crossover. There was a line in it after he met with the Avengers particularly Spider-Man and Ironman where he pointed to Captain America and Luke Cage and said "and lemme guess Flag-Man and uhhh...Black-Man?" I died.
Wow, I had no idea Invincible teamed up with Spider-Man. lol.

Speaking of Spider-Men, I loved it. I really hope Bendis decides to come out with part two of the series...I too, want to know who Miles Morales is in Earth-616

^ a fan asked Bendis on Twitter about a Spider-Men 2 a couple months back. he said he's playing around with some ideas & would like to put it out sometime in 2013 :D

^ I've read nothing but good reviews for that run. I would want to get my hands on a trade once it comes out. Haven't been into Spidey since Maximum Carnage. The only Spidey stuff I still have these days is this

^ That's what my dude was telling me a couple of weeks ago. I'm really interested in Spider-Men, hopefully the trade comes out soon. Not sure on Minimum Carnage though. Is it pretty good as well?

Back
Top Bottom