OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

he probably found out
Miles' uncle, Aaron Davis is the Prowler & partners with Scorpion
which isn't new to anybody if you've been reading Mile's series "Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man"

yeah, that's his uncle... i wonder what he read about Miles Morales himself...

well this is a shocker...
the final issue of The Amazing Spiderman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Please no. I have read that book for years. Its what got me into marvel 616 and kept me when everything else was bad, :smh:

:lol: Why are you overreacting? They're going to relaunch the book or another Spidey book the very next month. One rumor is that there'll relaunch ASM and launch a new Spidey book.

I dunno maybe it's cuz I got in to comics in the 90s when there were like 5 Spider-Man books at the same time that I don't feel any attachment to one specific Spidey book even the OG. I understood why they slimmed down but I still wish there were that many Spidey books with several great creative teams at the helm (which is what DC is basically doing with Batman along with family related titles). They kinda switched it up with they Spidey related family (Venom & Scarlet) but it aint the same.

If it's about the renumbering well it wouldn't be the first time or the last and they'll eventually go back to og numbering.

anyone got some great websites to order comics i used midtown and love the way they package them but they didnt have everything i was looking for

Still will love the amazing spiderman. The fact is I like the big # issues like 694 or so because it gives a sense of progression and I know where to fit it in story. Everything thing else kinda blends in and seems lost. I have no issue with reading lets say issue # 1023 Spidey.

Oh and today I dont thing I will buy physical copies of comics anymore. Comicoxolgy. Where have you been all this time. :smh:

I have seen a lot of argument about numbering, relaunching and what not among comic fans and I never really got it.

I think they should just do away with numbering altogether and just release the comics under their arc names. So for example, during Spider-Man's The Gauntlet, month by month it'd just be called The Gauntlet part 1, part 2, and so on with w/e specific title for the story on each issue. Then you can group all those arcs under a saga, the current one all being under what would be called the Big Time saga. After that you can organize by volumes like they do with manga. To me that'd be much more efficient when it comes to event tie-ins and crossovers in to other books. It'd be much more closer to how they organize TPBs and omnibuses.

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/81462/[/URL]"]
before this releases is there anything i should read for back story leading to this???
[/quote]
No. Brand new title. Everything will be provided for you in the first issue as far as the story for this book goes. I'm pretty sure nothing anything the characters do in books they were just in leads up to this.

If you want some back story on some characters then you could read X-23 (for X-23), Avengers Academy (for Mettle, Hazmat, X-23, Juston, and that dinosaur kid), Runaways for Nico and Chase), War of Kingsand Realm of Kings (for Darkhawk specifically his mini in that event), Annihilation (for Cammi).

Batman Detective Comics #13, Before Watchmen: Rorschach #2, AvX #12, & Minimum Carnage Alpha #1 next week :smokin

Aint next week October? Marvel NOW! begins :pimp:

The Before Watchmen minis can't end soon enough. It's been hard waiting so I can read them all in one sitting.

so what's everyone favorite issue or story arc they can read over and over
for me every time i take a long trips i bring this:

i always read every word in that book, one of the best stories i've read.

I can read New Avengers over and over quite easily, specifically the Breakout, the Collective , the whole v1 of NA really, and Dark Avengers.
the-new-avengers-breakout.jpg
Darkavengers.jpg

I couldn't care less about most ppl's complaints about Bendis. All I know is I never really enjoyed the Avengers until his run (except Geoff Johns short stint on the title). Bendis' Nick Fury's Secret War is also a great read to come back to.

DNA's Annihilation
AUG072302_large.jpg

The Twelve
The-Twelve_12.jpg

Ennis' Punisher MAX
PUNISHER%20MAX%20HC%20VOL%2004%20%28MR%29.jpeg

Been satisfied with Uncanny X-Force. Good story, satisfactory art and had an Age of Apocalypse spinoff. I think its the best X book of the many Marvel puts out.

just knocked out some classics:

Batman long Halloween
sandman dreamhunters
all star superman
planet hulk (again)

going on to

neil gaimans eternals
batman black and white
wolverine origins our war and deadpool

I can't get my hands on Annihilation for the life of me. Either want to get it off a torrent or from the library but neither has it. I'm not paying these rape prices for it either.

^It's probably cheaper in trades now.

I'll need a lot of free time to get to Sandman. I'm going on to 1602 myself. As well as Preacher, Supreme Power, Planetary, Sleeper, Criminal, and a whole bunch other stuff I don't feel like listing. Will be getting in to Whiteout next during this month in between all of the ongoing comics and new launches.
Been satisfied with Uncanny X-Force. Good story, satisfactory art and had an Age of Apocalypse spinoff. I think its the best X book of the many Marvel puts out.
Yeah you right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom