OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Yo is something going on with the DC books? Now I'm only reading articles, but it seems like there's a lot of crazy marvel like nonsense going on in some of the books.

I just read something on how Harley Quinn is the new joker or whatever, and past things I read that made me say huh

Is it from Batman: White Knight? I think that's an elseworlds mini-series where Joker is the hero and Batman's the villain or something like that.

What current ongoings did people like this year? What were everyones favorite series'?

Mine would probably be Seven to Eternity, X-O Manowar, Soule's Daredevil and Astonishing X-Men, Deathstroke, Action Comics, Metal, and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. I like Tom King's take on Mister Miracle as a maxi-series, but I wonder if we'd ever get a more traditional Mister Miracle run. It's also too early to have a real opinion on Doomsday Clock.

I personally enjoyed Valliant this year, Rapture, XO, Ninja-K, Enternity, Secret Weapons, Bloodshot, Divin

Sean Murphy’s White Knight - Batman series

All of MoonKnight.

Trying to like IronHeart... :lol: The struggle is real

I'm backlogged like crazy. I decided to pick up the new Justice League because Priest is writing it currently. I think it's only for a single arc. Not sure though.

Was Going To Pick That Up Too...But Who Exactly Is This Older Superman In It And Where Did He Come From?

I Picked Up Superman Rebirth And It Seems Like I Missed Something In The New52 Clarifying This All.

Was Going To Pick That Up Too...But Who Exactly Is This Older Superman In It And Where Did He Come From?

I Picked Up Superman Rebirth And It Seems Like I Missed Something In The New52 Clarifying This All.

Short answer: They had the Convergence event at the end of the New 52 where they pulled characters from different continuities and it ended with a post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois Lane in the current continuity while they killed off New 52 Superman. They brought back the "classic" or "real" Supes and Lois.

There was a Lois and Clark mini-series with pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois Lane and Convergence tie-ins to reintroduce them. Plus some things that happened in the New 52 Superman run and Darkseid War that resulted in the degradation of N52 Supes' health until he died.

What current ongoings did people like this year? What were everyones favorite series'?

Mine would probably be Seven to Eternity, X-O Manowar, Soule's Daredevil and Astonishing X-Men, Deathstroke, Action Comics, Metal, and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. I like Tom King's take on Mister Miracle as a maxi-series, but I wonder if we'd ever get a more traditional Mister Miracle run. It's also too early to have a real opinion on Doomsday Clock.

Ultimates 2. By far one of my favorite series, I always love it when Marvel goes cosmic.

My mans Blue Marvel was just an added bonus:

XaZZvKR.jpg

That punch was so devastating I felt the need to cut it out and save it.

Ultimates 2. By far one of my favorite series, I always love it when Marvel goes cosmic.

Can't believe I forgot Ultimates! CWII kind of dragged it down temporarily, but CWII prob dragged a lot of books. I hope they give Blue Marvel an ongoing tho. Such a dope character. I feel like they ended this series way too soon. It was kind of filling that F4 void.

Yeah man, it did feel like it came to an abrupt and hurried end.

Such a huge buildup revealing who/what the Cosmic Jailor was just for the First Firmament to go down in what felt like a handful of issues.

Agree on Blue Marvel though. I do feel like he'll be limited in appearance simply because of his power set though, he's broken to be honest.

Favorite of the year was probably The Vision. Loving Batman: White Knight and Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man as well. Thought the button crossover with Bats and Flash was really well done as well, love how DC has been building up Rebirth.

I've been catching up on some books. I finished Spider-Men II. It was okay. I think #5 might be a key with the last couple pages. I wonder what the future direction of Miles is going to be. I wonder if Bendis had a plan before he left.

Back
Top Bottom