OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

^ lol you good man. yeah the material inside is the same.

A vs. X has been selling like crazy, def be on the lookout for Uncanny Avengers (Avengers & X-Men combine into one unit; some members have new costumes) too when Marvel NOW starts in November

A vs. X has been selling like crazy, def be on the lookout for Uncanny Avengers (Avengers & X-Men combine into one unit; some members have new costumes) too when Marvel NOW starts in November
yea i just looked into the site u sent me and i think im guna order some off amazon the 6th print outs are the ones i like the most i can miss thee variants for time being that doesnt catch my attention yet, maybe as i dive in deeper with comics i'll start to appreciate'em until then i just want to start this series....and that Uncanny Avengers sounds dope will def keep my eye open on that one

Last edited:
Went to a comic store in Santa Monica randomly, thought of this thread so I picked up

One of my favorite comic book series. I only have a couple issues but I'm looking to get the whole series along with avengers forever, uncanny x-men 260-305, marvel team-up comics from the 80's-90's.

how badass is this team-up

founding out that Taskmaster had a daughter was the whole reason I started reading Avenger Academy

One of my favorite comic book series. I only have a couple issues but I'm looking to get the whole series along with avengers forever, uncanny x-men 260-305, marvel team-up comics from the 80's-90's.

The What-If's were amazing to me. My favorites were the Inferno storyline and the Symbiote/Spidey storyline.

I also took a chance and bought some of the new 52 Trades. The Batman Court of Owls was the best one I read thus far.

Last edited:
^ co-sign. been looking for THIS specific "What If" issue:

for the longest, but cats always want $75+ for it :smh:

Last edited:

The What-If's were amazing to me. My favorites were the Inferno storyline and the Symbiote/Spidey storyline.

I also took a chance and bought some of the new 52 Trades. The Batman Court of Owls was the best one I read thus far.

Yea what if's are great....unless they do this:

new pickups on the way to the crib. just picked up both of these Deadpool variants for under $20 on 'da Bay' :smokin

good looks on the Amazon linkage swaynomics

Last edited:
I can't wait and I love how DC Comics New 52 are starting at #0 issues again this Sept.   Its making it better for people new to comics like myself.

i preorder The Walking Dead Compendium 2, i read the first series waaaaay to quick and i also bought this befoe i jump into the A vs X series

I can't wait and I love how DC Comics New 52 are starting at #0 issues again this Sept.   Its making it better for people new to comics like myself.
0's are just before what took place in issue 1.  October will be issues 12,13, etc. still.

Yo sorry to Side track.. But Check a series called Elephantmen... I know it look odd but trust its good. Ridley scott wants to make the Movie, and Check out Invincible!

^ co-sign. been looking for THIS specific "What If" issue:

for the longest, but cats always want $75+ for it
mean.gif
Wow, this issue is worth that much? My local comic shop gave me this issue for free when it released. Had no clue there was value to it. Sweet.

Finally caught up with The Walking Dead and Saga...Wow. I can't believe Robert Kirkman decided to do that.

Kill Glen? Eh. Before that point I figured he was eventually kill the entire main cast, even Rick and try and make his son the main character while building up new characters. Then kill Carl and attempt to keep the series going from there.

I may be wrong but I don't think Kirkman has ever said TWD is Rick's story about how he deals in a new world overrun by zombies. To him I think it's always been about how real ppl deal with a world overrun with zombies and with that premise he can build up and develop all the characters he wants.

is it for sure that that's her daughter?
she's just basing that off of their skill sets :nerd:

I mean hey it could be and I'm going to say 9 out 10 says Finesse is his daughter

Yo sorry to Side track.. But Check a series called Elephantmen... I know it look odd but trust its good. Ridley scott wants to make the Movie, and Check out Invincible!

People still don't read Invincible?! I mean Superboy x Spider-man = Invincible. Comic is great and has an awesome sense of humor

I read Invincible...Definitely happy I was able to pick up today's issue, along with the 50th Anniversary of Amazing Spider-Man...Although, I wish I was able to purchase the variant covers.

Funniest comic I read today was Web Of Spider-Man 129.1 for his 50th anniversary. Just straight laughs. Spider-Man part of the Brooklyn Avengers :lol:

Best I came across was probably Venom and Punisher :smokin Secret Avengers read a bit weird to me for some reason. Don't know what it was.

Gonna catch up on Supercrooks and Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe along with some other Batman titles and a ton of X-Men books.
is it for sure that that's her daughter?
she's just basing that off of their skill sets :nerd:

I mean hey it could be and I'm going to say 9 out 10 says Finesse is his daughter

People still don't read Invincible?! I mean Superboy x Spider-man = Invincible. Comic is great and has an awesome sense of humor
Eh, I like it but I don't think it's that great and one thing that bugged is me is the art could be better but I figure this is what Kirkman prefers and these are the artists he seeks out.

I'm not at all hyped for Invincible 100 and all of these Death of..... teaser promo pics. TWD has killed any kind of anticipation I have for Kirkman and the killing of characters.

Last edited:

500 or so were released of this variant cover of walking dead 100. all 500 were signed by Robertk Kirkman except for this one (and the ones in my room).. they have been going for anywhere between 250 to low 400s but it would be really interesting to see if an UNSIGNED version goes for more
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200809561499&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

So my auction went for 700 which is about right... because like I said the unsigned copies are super rare.. theres 10 and I have 6.. You would think the only way i got these is by working at the printers.. thats like having having a room full of air yeezys..

So I posted a buy thread in another forum :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5959226#Post5959226

just trying to find a buyer for the remaining copies and it seems like all im doing is watching the world burn.. peoples faith in this industry is being challenged like the pope meeting god's twin brother..

On one hand its very entertaining to watch people panic but I believe the worst sins in life are the ones that challenge your principles as a human being.. finding pleasure in causing ruckus is wrong.. and if that thread causes more hoopla than buyers than I will erase it

new pickups for the week...just used stock photos cuz my iPhone is being updated :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom