Official Chargers 2012 Season Thread

San diego doing their best cowboys impression :smh:

Lets go! We had about 10 of us last season lets keep this going :lol:

Ill try to update this thread frequently

Hope someone can step up while the injuries to VB and RM sideline them for a while

mean while, lets GO!

Last edited:
Wassup fellas, I was in last years thread quite frequently but lost my name in the switch. I actually know a few of those chargers chicks from school, including the one you posted a few times leftcoastin (andrea), they deleted their facebooks once they made the team, possibly a team rule? Anyways, here's to a good season!

Last edited:
Haven't been able to keep up with the latest news, I started school last week. Can ya'll fill me in (pawse) with the latest info. Any opinions of how Rivers and co. looking?

^havent been able to really keep up either. missed both preseason games so far. what I've heard amongst the homies tho

of course the mathews and V brown injuries. gaither finally practiced yesterday and we need him badly. hardwick with a concussion at practice. not looking good for the line :smh:
reyes been lookin solid and ingram is looking beasty. heard he started a brawl with the cowboys O (they've been practicing together last couple days.)
mixed opinions on rivers but but its just preseason and without protection... but i guess him and royal clicking well. him and meachum not so much.
gates looking healthy. t spikes looking old.

overall not much expectations this year. last couple of years i got too hyped and then disappointed. just going to enjoy the season and see what happens

lets throw the schedule in the OP?

I've missed all of the preseason games. But who would have guessed that AJ takes a gamble on O-line and RB depth and look at where we are with that...

My two foambs

D looks good.

Any predictions on what their record will be by season's end? I'm thinking 7-8 Ws, but hopefully (fingers crossed) we finally get rid of those cancers Smith and Turner.

Any predictions on what their record will be by season's end? I'm thinking 7-8 Ws, but hopefully (fingers crossed) we finally get rid of those cancers Smith and Turner.
Im thinking 8-8 or 9-7 or probably better and win the AFC west . The Raiders look pretty bad so far, the Chiefs and Broncos ????? depending if the Bolts dont have their usual slow start .

Im thinking 8-8 or 9-7 or probably better and win the AFC west . The Raiders look pretty bad so far, the Chiefs and Broncos ????? depending if the Bolts dont have their usual slow start .
I'm hoping for 9-7 and WC spot, but honestly with Norv at the helm I don't think I can trust that. I feel bad for Rivers because his career has been wasted so far by an incompetent GM, HC, and of course, Kaeding.

Every year I look at the schedule and I think, "There is no way we can win less than 10 or 11 games." But considering the depth of our O-line and the injuries they have already sustained, I don't have that high of expectations as of now. The same with the RB position. Mathews gets hurt easily and he has nobody behind him talent wise. Other than that, the rest of the team is pretty good with depth and talent. Unfortunately, O-line and runningback are basically 50% of the game.

If the O-line does what we hope it will do; RM comes back healthy and ready to roll; and if both of these happen and PR has enough support to stabilize his play again, I can see an 11 W's this season. Otherwise I'm going another 8-8 or 9-7 like the last couple years, knowing that we should probably do worse than that with OL and RB depth that we have...

I really only see us losing to Pittsburgh, Carolina, maybe once at KC, at New Orleans, maybe Baltimore and maybe one of the Denvers. That's 10-6 or 13-3, if that's indeed how it goes this season.

What up fellas! Its that time of year again, I'm glad I did a search for the thread cause I was about to start a new one.

My prediction for the year is 10-6. And if I may, I hope and pray none of those losses are to the Broncos. The Bolts have had Peyton's number for the past 8 or so years. I hope that doesn't change just because he is in the Mile High City.

Ingram is looking beastly, looking to be just as I had hoped. Even Larry English is looking top form. RyRy "Soft-as-tissue-paper" Mathews should just go on IR for the rest of his career and let Ronnie Brown be the new feature back. Damn, even Charles Brinkley runs harder than Mathews. With his fumbles and bandaide tendencies, I have lost all faith in him as a player.

If Rivers doesn't have a comeback year after last year I fear he may never make a deep playoff run.

Anyways, lets keep this thread on page one fellas!

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEPT 10th! Monday Night Football Baby!!!

I'm hoping for 9-7 and WC spot, but honestly with Norv at the helm I don't think I can trust that. I feel bad for Rivers because his career has been wasted so far by an incompetent GM, HC, and of course, Kaeding.

Realest of talk right here. :lol: at throwing Kaeding in there. Kaeding has one of the best percentages in kicker history but it just so happens that his few misses are always in HUGE PRESSURE games. Those are the type of misses that stick to an entire fan base.

I'd be happy with 6-10, if they sweep KC and OAK and beat PIT and NYJ.
laugh.gif

I know too many OAK/PIT/KC fans and too manyTebow/Sanchez stans.
mean.gif

You ain't sweeping Oakland bruh. Matter fact, you're starting your season 0-1. :smokin

It never fails lol Raider fans always infiltrate the Chargers season thread.

Good luck to you and yours bruh, they don't look too stout so far. But eh, its preseason. Besides a healthy RUN DMC is enough to win half the games on his legs alone.

- I don't know what to expect from this offense. Gates is back, but so is a brand new receiving corps (with the exception of Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown).

- 8 weeks without Vincent Brown embarassed.gif

- I'm anxious to see Melvin Ingram, but also curious where and how he'll be used...

- I wish Antoine Cason would disappear already and let Gilchrist get his spot.

- the O-line needs to give Rivers more time this year mayne. damn. :smh:

Off work in 5...

The countdown to 7:15 begins...

Back
Top Bottom