Official Chargers 2012 Season Thread

My fellow Charger fans. We looked OKAY. Oakland was just beating themselves all night.

However, to be positive. Feels damn good to start off the season 1-0.

:smokin

word

a win is a win. but a win against the raiders is always :smokin

1-0
home opener against the titans up next

Posted this in the gameday thread.

- SD defense needs to work on those 3rd down stops. :smh:

- Good to see Gates/Spikes return to the game after suffering injuries.

- Nice to see Ingram cause some disruption on his first game. Almost came up w/ his first NFL sack. at the same time, may come up w/ his first NFL fine. :lol:

- Kaeding looking like Kaeding in the regular season = $$$$$$. Postseason is a different story. mean.gif

- Rivers was efficient. Didn't turn the ball over.

- O-line got better throughout the game and gave Rivers some time to actually throw

Not a nice win, but a win nonetheless. Take em however you can get em...

The defense looked preety good last night. Hopefully the O-line just needs some time cuz they were looking a little shaky again

I lurk the Chargers thread each year, i'll try to contribute some more this time around. Usually just spend my time on the Chargers Message Board

Great to win against the Raiders, although it might not have been the most solid. Any win against the Raiders counts as a couple wins in my eyes. Love to see their class-less fans get mad and leave unhappy :rofl:

Felt bad for their long-snapper troubles there for a sec. Couldn't help but think about our special teams problems 2 seasons ago.

Last edited:
only good thing i saw last night was the game planning...  they threw in the double reverse in the beginning to get the raiders to start over pursuing charger players so it threw them off balance.. also with the new Left Tackle in the game if forced rivers to get the ball out of his hands quickly to avoid the sacks.. so good game planning.. line backing core looked great though, gates has slowed down a bit but he's still a threat on the field. i give the chargers an overall "C" grade

RZO needs to be improved

Rivers played well

LB looked good

Good win but we still looked mediocre

Bolts going 2-0 :smokin

hi-res-6585398_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
just got back from the game, hot as heck but enjoyed seeing our defense and offense rolling well.

Real test comes next week!

^Good thing it wasn't as hot as it was on Saturday :x

Hopefully we could keep play consistent throughout the season

Been calling a bounce back campaign for Phil Rivers since June.

Have a feeling Matthews will force himself onto the field for W3.

How long is Gates potentially out for, just W2?

Been calling a bounce back campaign for Phil Rivers since June.
Have a feeling Matthews will force himself onto the field for W3.
How long is Gates potentially out for, just W2?
I've read an article that said just for week 2 but that is still to be seen.

So far all accounts and reports have Matthews ready to go and suiting up this coming weekend. Time to prove the doubters wrong, Ry.

looking like the game will be blacked out with 11,000 tickets unsold last time i checked :x :smh:

Last edited:
parking $25, and tickets being so expensive with the stadium being around since the cretaceous period doesn't help.

Team looked great but that isn't saying much against the Titans.

Next week will be tough against the Birds but as long as our D stays solid and the O keeps putting up points like last week it'll be easy.

I managed to pick up Rosario in all 3 of my fantasy leagues lol. I hope we run some double TE packages since Gates will be back, hopefully his injury doesn't become a nagging all season one like the past few years.

Mathews I've given up all hope on. Dude is a bum. Put Jackie in and let him run over the Falcons front line. He is a real battering ram and tough as nails, the exact opposite of Mathews.

Over all great showing from PRiv. I hope he can keep it going and build off this momentum. I think he will be back to top 3 or 4 QBs this year if he stays healthy.

^yeah champcru the first person I've seen still pulling for mathews :lol: i hope the kid beasts for the chargers sake but i couldn't care less. don't matter to me if he comes back this week

ill wait til after week 3 to make a real statements about the team. 2-0 and 1st place in the division is nice but we played the faders and titans. first chance to really see where the bolts stack up against these falcons. hope the D makes a big statement. ready for Casons funeral monday morning tho :x

please no injuries

parking $25, and tickets being so expensive with the stadium being around since the cretaceous period doesn't help.

:lol:
i could make a long list of reasons. still sad and still stupid tho. this won't be the last game blacked this season.

how much did you drop for tickets last sunday?

^yeah champcru the first person I've seen still pulling for mathews :lol: i hope the kid beasts for the chargers sake but i couldn't care less. don't matter to me if he comes back this week

ill wait til after week 3 to make a real statements about the team. 2-0 and 1st place in the division is nice but we played the faders and titans. first chance to really see where the bolts stack up against these falcons. hope the D makes a big statement. ready for Casons funeral monday morning tho :x

please no injuries

i could make a long list of reasons. still sad and still stupid tho. this won't be the last game blacked this season.

Bro, Ya'll aint kidding, I was out there for vacation for the first home game and I made it a point to go see the game and they turned me away at the gate unless I could afford boxes or the all you can eat/drink seats..... 199 minimum. **** homie! I watched them dominate from my ladys crib with California Fries and Wings N Things. Plus a horrible amount of beer. But I digress...

please no injuries

Felt weird paying for the ticket :lol: Cooper used to get seats for us for the last couple of years. Dude is cool and the late terrance kiel was like my bro before he passed.

So i used to go often and sit in the end zone with the fams were at.

Last edited:
Back from banned camp. Didn't see the game, I was at a fam function, how did they look? Any thoughts on the Dirty Birds? I think we'll be alright, but it's in Norv we rust.

Man, not even Chargers fans are rooting for Ry? I've always liked him and believe in Mathews as a franchise back. With Tolbert gone, means more TDs in the bag. 1,100 rushing with 6 TDs on the ground plus 50 receptions and 450 receiving yards. I'd like to see Ry expand on that.

Huge test coming with Atlanta in town. I'm giving the Chargers the slight edge. Have a feeling Nolan's side on defense will letdown a bit. 24-21, Chargers. Rivers leads a game-winning drive to continue his "comeback" campaign. I trust Phil far more than I do Matty Ice with the game on the line, regardless of the "Ice" moniker insinuating a clutch factor. Full weapons in Ry, Gates, Rosario, Meach, Royal, Floyd.

What's up with Vincent Brown's injury? Liked him as a fantasy (and real life) sleeper at receiver.

Back
Top Bottom