Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

nuggets have no leverage in this trade. they tried to be tough guys by thinkin they could shop carmelo to anyone they wanted at first, but then realized carmelo wasn't budging as his only choice was the knicks. guess they finally realized it after the nets mess so they're taking what they can

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

End-of-season sign and trade. Don't be desperate, Denver. If you can't work a deal with the Lakers for Bynum then wait it out. 
roll.gif
. Mitch it do !

nuggets have no leverage in this trade. they tried to be tough guys by thinkin they could shop carmelo to anyone they wanted at first, but then realized carmelo wasn't budging as his only choice was the knicks. guess they finally realized it after the nets mess so they're taking what they can

End-of-season sign and trade. Don't be desperate, Denver. If you can't work a deal with the Lakers for Bynum then wait it out. 
roll.gif
. Mitch it do !

You do know they would be getting at max a 2nd round draft pick, right?

You do know they would be getting at max a 2nd round draft pick, right?

The Rockets need a cornerstone like Melo, but, the Nuggets won't bite on what the Rockets have to offer.

Dallas would be the ideal fit IMO, but they really have the least to offer out of all the teams that are interested.

The Rockets need a cornerstone like Melo, but, the Nuggets won't bite on what the Rockets have to offer.

Dallas would be the ideal fit IMO, but they really have the least to offer out of all the teams that are interested.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Unless the Nets comes back to the table or there's a team we don't know about, I feel that the Rockets have the most to offer the Nuggets. They don't have anyone with the upside of Favors, but they do have young players, draft picks and expiring contracts.

Maybe that's just me though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Unless the Nets comes back to the table or there's a team we don't know about, I feel that the Rockets have the most to offer the Nuggets. They don't have anyone with the upside of Favors, but they do have young players, draft picks and expiring contracts.

Maybe that's just me though.
grin.gif

houston, jersey and dallas don't matter, tho. if melo wants to go to ny then he wants to go to ny.
houston/jersey/dallas can do all the talking that they want, it would be a complete waste of time.

houston, jersey and dallas don't matter, tho. if melo wants to go to ny then he wants to go to ny.
houston/jersey/dallas can do all the talking that they want, it would be a complete waste of time.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Wolves Have Little Interest In Including Brewer[/h3]
Feb 07, 2011 11:14 AM EST

Brewer_Corey_min_081022.jpg

On Saturday, ESPN.com reported the Knicks, Nuggets and Timberwolves were discussing a three-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York; Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota; and Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and a first-round draft pick to Denver.

Sources said that the Wolves have little interest in sending Brewer to the Nuggets, despite their strong interest in Randolph.

"The package New Jersey offered was so much stronger than this," the executive said. "To me this feels like Denver trying to lure other teams to the table."

Via SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/02/06/anthony.trade.not.close/

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Wolves Have Little Interest In Including Brewer[/h3]
Feb 07, 2011 11:14 AM EST

Brewer_Corey_min_081022.jpg

On Saturday, ESPN.com reported the Knicks, Nuggets and Timberwolves were discussing a three-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to New York; Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota; and Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer and a first-round draft pick to Denver.

Sources said that the Wolves have little interest in sending Brewer to the Nuggets, despite their strong interest in Randolph.

"The package New Jersey offered was so much stronger than this," the executive said. "To me this feels like Denver trying to lure other teams to the table."

Via SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/02/06/anthony.trade.not.close/

the nets deal wouldn't save the owner money. the knicks deal would save him about 20 million bucks. that's the key difference

nobody is beating the nets deal from a pure basketball perspective

the nets deal wouldn't save the owner money. the knicks deal would save him about 20 million bucks. that's the key difference

nobody is beating the nets deal from a pure basketball perspective

*%%+ the Timberwolves. I think in order for this whole Melo thing to end Stern is going to have to step in and tell Denver to get this thing over with.

*%%+ the Timberwolves. I think in order for this whole Melo thing to end Stern is going to have to step in and tell Denver to get this thing over with.

Originally Posted by debs 168

houston/jersey/dallas can do all the talking that they want, it would be a complete waste of time

Back
Top Bottom