Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Gallio is still trash. No matter where he is
Beyond happy to get rid of him, can't stand him. Running into our own players on D and embarrassing our uniforms 
Exactly... he insulted the uniform worn by these previous greats
340x2.jpg

francis.jpg

AAGP143.jpg

Give me a break man... not saying he's the next great anything and he had his faults but let's not pretend this past decade of Knicks basketball has been something we're proud of. Gallo wanted to be here, accepted the big stage for good and bad, he's the kind of guy you want on your team. I'm not holding a candle light vigil in his honor or anything and it's a deal you had to make, but I'm not embarrassed he wore the Knicks orange and blue.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

also, I don't think Chauncey likes Melo too much. I don't think he'll like STAT either. not sure if this will really affect his game, but I don't think he was happy playing with Melo and I would bet he's twice as unhappy to be traded somewhere with him. it's good he'll get his money next year, but a shame he'll be stuck in that situation. it will be interesting to see how he does there. I think he'll have a good statistical year (since everybody will just be out there looking for their own shots, he might as well be too), but I don't think he'll be happy.

the only people who will be surprised will be the Knicks fans when they realize they're not a whole lot better than they already were with this trade.
So basically, Melo chose MSG and you're choosing salt.

also, I don't think Chauncey likes Melo too much. I don't think he'll like STAT either. not sure if this will really affect his game, but I don't think he was happy playing with Melo and I would bet he's twice as unhappy to be traded somewhere with him. it's good he'll get his money next year, but a shame he'll be stuck in that situation. it will be interesting to see how he does there. I think he'll have a good statistical year (since everybody will just be out there looking for their own shots, he might as well be too), but I don't think he'll be happy.

the only people who will be surprised will be the Knicks fans when they realize they're not a whole lot better than they already were with this trade.

oh please believe that CB will never mail it in, he's always going to work hard. my point is that he won't be happy there, so there won't be as much chemistry as is needed for players like that to gel.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

denver, why you don't think he likes Melo? any why you dont think he'd like stat?

because they are iso players and don't play team basketball. 

Melo's averaging 2 assists per
eek.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

denver, why you don't think he likes Melo? any why you dont think he'd like stat?

because they are iso players and don't play team basketball. 

Melo's averaging 2 assists per
eek.gif

oh please believe that CB will never mail it in, he's always going to work hard. my point is that he won't be happy there, so there won't be as much chemistry as is needed for players like that to gel.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

shaking my head at you for not being able to make an argument.  next. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Nuggets played this hand like Phil Ivey, and the Knicks ended up playing it like Antoine Walker.
I'm lost. Antoine Walker plays poker now?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I'd say we played this hand like Mike "The Mouth" Matusow; always getting bad beats but we didn't get shafted on the river.

Yall trying to say we gave up too much. Probably are lost on these players we gave up. Felton was always a rental pg for us. Chandler was not going to be a Knick after this season. Those players in the long run were not going to be Knicks when the team becomes a contender. We gave up Gallo and Mozgov for Melo and Billups along with picks.

I can't take all these posts seriously cuz if Donnie had made an announcement that the final offer was Chandler, Felton, and a pick or two. Then by Thursday Melo signs the extension with the Nets or whoever then the Knicks made a stupid mistake and missed out on a top 10 player. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Melo wanted the extension and wanted no parts of the CBA. There's no guarantee he even becomes a FA since he never verbally committed to that.

laugh.gif
 Walker lost a ton of his money gambling, good portion of it on poker. Dude started hanging with MJ, and playing the same stakes as him, which invariably led to ruin.

As for the deal, of course the Knicks came out with a good haul. But they played it wrong, plain and simple. Going along with the poker theme, say we're playing a hand, and you flop a straight, while I flop top pair. I raise, and you re-raise me big, causing me to fold. Clearly, you should have slow-played to maximize value, while I came away with minimal loss in a potentially damaging situation. Sometimes, even when you win, you lose, as Denver just did.

And how does everyone know for sure he was signing with the Nets or whoever? Carmelo doesn't want to meet with NJ, he'll never sign there, etc. and then a couple days before, he's willing to meet w/ Prok? If the Knicks played it coy, and called the bluff, who's to say that Denver isn't the team coming back to the negotiation table at the 11th hour with their tail between their legs, instead of New York? 
Oh damn I didn't know that about Walker
laugh.gif

As for knowing he'd extend with the Nets. I don't. I'm just saying what if he did that? Yall would be berating the hell out of how the Knicks handled this. Taunting and mocking Knicks fan in their thread (instead of the salty posts from Bulls fans
laugh.gif
). If Knicks fans were saying we didn't want to give up Gallo, Mozgov, picks, etc. Yall all would've replied they are trash and you're stupid for not trading them for a top 10 player. Couple ppl were making those arguments last week. Now we got all these extra dudes that never voiced their opinion in any of the threads trying to undermine the decision to make this trade and/or hate on the Knicks.

Yeah, we got a terrible bench (according to some are bench was never shh anyway) but it aint like D'Antoni has anything more than an 8 man rotation anyway. We don't got cap space for the FAs of 2012. Let us worry about that after the new CBA.

The $@!!% just a rental anyway.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Nuggets played this hand like Phil Ivey, and the Knicks ended up playing it like Antoine Walker.
I'm lost. Antoine Walker plays poker now?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I'd say we played this hand like Mike "The Mouth" Matusow; always getting bad beats but we didn't get shafted on the river.

Yall trying to say we gave up too much. Probably are lost on these players we gave up. Felton was always a rental pg for us. Chandler was not going to be a Knick after this season. Those players in the long run were not going to be Knicks when the team becomes a contender. We gave up Gallo and Mozgov for Melo and Billups along with picks.

I can't take all these posts seriously cuz if Donnie had made an announcement that the final offer was Chandler, Felton, and a pick or two. Then by Thursday Melo signs the extension with the Nets or whoever then the Knicks made a stupid mistake and missed out on a top 10 player. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Melo wanted the extension and wanted no parts of the CBA. There's no guarantee he even becomes a FA since he never verbally committed to that.

laugh.gif
 Walker lost a ton of his money gambling, good portion of it on poker. Dude started hanging with MJ, and playing the same stakes as him, which invariably led to ruin.

As for the deal, of course the Knicks came out with a good haul. But they played it wrong, plain and simple. Going along with the poker theme, say we're playing a hand, and you flop a straight, while I flop top pair. I raise, and you re-raise me big, causing me to fold. Clearly, you should have slow-played to maximize value, while I came away with minimal loss in a potentially damaging situation. Sometimes, even when you win, you lose, as Denver just did.

And how does everyone know for sure he was signing with the Nets or whoever? Carmelo doesn't want to meet with NJ, he'll never sign there, etc. and then a couple days before, he's willing to meet w/ Prok? If the Knicks played it coy, and called the bluff, who's to say that Denver isn't the team coming back to the negotiation table at the 11th hour with their tail between their legs, instead of New York? 
Oh damn I didn't know that about Walker
laugh.gif

As for knowing he'd extend with the Nets. I don't. I'm just saying what if he did that? Yall would be berating the hell out of how the Knicks handled this. Taunting and mocking Knicks fan in their thread (instead of the salty posts from Bulls fans
laugh.gif
). If Knicks fans were saying we didn't want to give up Gallo, Mozgov, picks, etc. Yall all would've replied they are trash and you're stupid for not trading them for a top 10 player. Couple ppl were making those arguments last week. Now we got all these extra dudes that never voiced their opinion in any of the threads trying to undermine the decision to make this trade and/or hate on the Knicks.

Yeah, we got a terrible bench (according to some are bench was never shh anyway) but it aint like D'Antoni has anything more than an 8 man rotation anyway. We don't got cap space for the FAs of 2012. Let us worry about that after the new CBA.

The $@!!% just a rental anyway.

People need to understand that good players can adjust to any team their put on

Just look at the heat

As long as you have a high basketball I.Q you will be able to be effective on any team you get on and Carmelo and STAT both have very good basketball I.Q

They will most likely suck at first like the heat because they have to get use to each other and carmelo and the other new players have to get use to the plays and coaching but by next year this knick team will be a contender for sure more so now then before without melo

People need to understand that good players can adjust to any team their put on

Just look at the heat

As long as you have a high basketball I.Q you will be able to be effective on any team you get on and Carmelo and STAT both have very good basketball I.Q

They will most likely suck at first like the heat because they have to get use to each other and carmelo and the other new players have to get use to the plays and coaching but by next year this knick team will be a contender for sure more so now then before without melo

umm, I wouldn't say either player has a very high basketball IQ. they are both talented/gifted athletically, but I wouldn't say either player is a great basketball mind by any means. and you still seem to be ignoring the fact that neither plays defense. I don't know why people think this is something that can be overlooked, like, oh, they'll just start playing defense when it matters. O RYL?

umm, I wouldn't say either player has a very high basketball IQ. they are both talented/gifted athletically, but I wouldn't say either player is a great basketball mind by any means. and you still seem to be ignoring the fact that neither plays defense. I don't know why people think this is something that can be overlooked, like, oh, they'll just start playing defense when it matters. O RYL?

I think they gutted too much of the team, I would have waited until the free agency to get Carmelo. I'm sure that the powers that be knew what they doing all along.
grin.gif

I think they gutted too much of the team, I would have waited until the free agency to get Carmelo. I'm sure that the powers that be knew what they doing all along.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

grin.gif

Yea.. but did Melo want to wait till free agency ? He told NYk that he would probably sign extension if traded to NYK, and never know maybe CP3/Howard would land there in BK, new arena and everything

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

grin.gif

Yea.. but did Melo want to wait till free agency ? He told NYk that he would probably sign extension if traded to NYK, and never know maybe CP3/Howard would land there in BK, new arena and everything

An argument? Against what, exactly? Your baseless feeling that Chauncey Billups doesn't like Melo or Amar'e and won't be happy? Really?

Seriously, where did you even get that idea? That's not a rhetorical question.

You're salty and you've been wearing your heart on your sleeve throughout this post. You're mad Melo is leaving Denver, period. The ironic thing is, Denver has been the epitome of the disorganized, iso-oriented basketball team you expect the Knicks to be. But the Knicks have something the Nuggets don't: A coach who actually coaches. Even Billups said he had never been on a team where the players had "so much freedom."

And Melo's hovered around 3 assists for his career. The 2.8 he's averaging this season is good enough to put him in the top 15 amongst all forwards. And now he has someone who is actually willing to finish at the rim and a coach who will actually give the other players roles instead of the helter-skelter nonsense George Karl puts out there.

Long story short: It's long overdue for Melo to be coached by an offensive mastermind (outside of the Olympics, where Melo played possibly the best basketball we've seen from him), Amar'e continues business as usual with a coach he's familiar with, and Billups provides a level head and leadership to the entire situation.

An argument? Against what, exactly? Your baseless feeling that Chauncey Billups doesn't like Melo or Amar'e and won't be happy? Really?

You're salty and you've been wearing your heart on your sleeve throughout this post. You're mad Melo is leaving Denver, period. The ironic thing is, Denver has been the epitome of the disorganized, iso-oriented basketball team you expect the Knicks to be. But the Knicks have something the Nuggets don't: A coach who actually coaches. Even Billups said he had never been on a team where the players had "so much freedom."

And Melo's hovered around 3 assists for his career. The 2.8 he's averaging this season is good enough to put him in the top 15 amongst all forwards. And now he has someone who is actually willing to finish at the rim and a coach who will actually give the other players roles instead of the helter-skelter nonsense George Karl puts out there.

Long story short: It's long overdue for Melo to be coached by an offensive mastermind (outside of the Olympics, where Melo played possibly the best basketball we've seen from him), Amar'e continues business as usual with a coach he's familiar with, and Billups provides a level head and leadership to the entire situation.

like I said, next. 

like I said, next. 

like I said, next. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
So he addresses your post that has to do with your "feeling that Chauncey doesn't like Melo or Stat" and you too show that you can not make a counter argument to his response.

like I said, next. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
So he addresses your post that has to do with your "feeling that Chauncey doesn't like Melo or Stat" and you too show that you can not make a counter argument to his response.

Back
Top Bottom