Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by King Will

im tellin u man it is my uncle had it in a 2002 impala they jus had to uild the ox in the trunk

im guessin 18" right? I built a box for a single 18 btl a few months ago which went in a trunk smaller than yours(I30/maxima). u can make it work but itwill need a lot more power since the box is so small, so yea if u plan on runnin 2k watts then id recommend 3k. if u interested in the box plan thro me a PM.

choking subs in small boxes ftl

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

I guess I'm looking for something that knocks hard but not too much to the point that I can't hear the words. Budget? I'm not sure. Somewhere in the middle? Not too cheap but not too expensive. I pretty much looking for an upgrade over the basslink. But these new subs might go in our new car (most likely 97-01 prelude).
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm

Im new to this but Ive been trying to read and learn as much as I can lately about it..Im kind of in the same spot as thebaykid i want it to knock but i wannahear the music and dont wanna get a cheap one but not too much. I was looking around and was thinking about some 10" or 12" type r's but the linkmr monday night put look good also so what would be better out of just those two or should I be looking at something else?

nah

15's would need about 4-5 cubes each before port and sub displacement

so you're looking at 9-10 cubes

don't forget amps and batts too

Regular people don't car about cubes, port size, and only having front stage to sound "like a concert" and all of that.

Custom box will fit in a Charger for 2-15" subs.

I've seen 4-15's in a '92 Park Ave.

yea im gonna get a custom box any way i got db driv 15's now and my box has came loose three times so i wanna buy a box thats stronger how much extra doesa custom box run? im not looking for nothing fancy i jus want something thats gonna put out the best sound

It doesn't really matter what "regular" people care about..it's about doing !%@* the right way..there's no purpose in stuffing 400 dollarsubs in tiny boxes

1 in the right box>2 in a small box

Originally Posted by sloanboy

yea im gonna get a custom box any way i got db driv 15's now and my box has came loose three times so i wanna buy a box thats stronger how much extra does a custom box run? im not looking for nothing fancy i jus want something thats gonna put out the best sound
go with a q 18 sealed

Im looking into getting an eclipse DIN car stereo to put in my suv.

My buddy says that eclipse is a good reliable brand and thats its worth the extra money for the results.

do you guys have any thoughts on this...thinkin about buying in the next 48 hours. so any help would be great thanks

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

i like the audioque's better...

there's better than both if u can increase budget

I'll probably end up getting some of those im not sure if im gonna get 2 10"s or 1 12" or what but its gonna be my first system so I guess i canstart out with that and what are some good amps? like brands or specific ones

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom