***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

no jalen rose slander....thats that dude right there...educated black dude who still hood to the bone...getting money

used to be one of my favorite players for real

Why does everyone ignore that dirty CO's exist when discussing Ross

This has to be one of the most ridiculous rebuttals of all time.

People look for any and every reason to somehow justify this guy and his superb method acting ability that they actually suggest the possibility that he was some "crooked co kingpin".

As if that actually gives credence to his persona of some mafioso kingpin that ran some criminal empire.

Do you realize how ******ed that sounds?

Last edited:
This has to be one of the most ridiculous rebuttals of all time.

People look for any and every reason to somehow justify this guy and his superb method acting ability that they actually suggest the possibility that he was some "crooked co kingpin".

As if that actually gives credence to his persona of some mafioso kingpin that ran some criminal empire.

Do you realize how ******ed that sounds?

No one is saying he is a kingpin :lol:. But what rapper was?

Was BIG, Jay, Gucci, etc. "kingpins"? No.

They were dudes who may or may not have dabbled in some illegal activity here and there and decided to take their talent for rapping and use it to exaggerate their lives to make entertaining music.

I don't know what Ross did or didn't do. I'm just bringing up the possibility that he dabbled in illegal activity and decided to exaggerate just like every other rapper.

Y'all pick and choose who you want to be about every rhyme they spit :lol:.

No one is saying he is a kingpin :lol:. But what rapper was?

Was BIG, Jay, Gucci, etc. "kingpins"? No.

They were dudes who may or may not have dabbled in some illegal activity here and there and decided to take their talent for rapping and use it to exaggerate their lives to make entertaining music.

I don't know what Ross did or didn't do. I'm just bringing up the possibility that he dabbled in illegal activity and decided to exaggerate just like every other rapper.

Y'all pick and choose who you want to be about every rhyme they spit :lol:.

There is a fine line between exaggeration and fabrication.

You pointing out the "possibility" that he may have been a dirty co...does not AT ALL excuse him from literally borrowing another man's life to use as a backdrop for his rap career. He even borrowed his ******* appearance. He's not rapping about being a dirty co. He's rapping about being freeway Rick. That's not an exaggeration. It's a complete ******* lie.

It's one thing if you say that he makes good music and that's all you care about. I can buy that. But don't sit up here and actually try to sell me on his "possible" street credibility.

There's a reason Rick Ross catches the brunt of this argument more than those other guys you named. This dude goes the extra mile for you to really buy into this lie he's created. He is literally method acting. You don't look at Jay-z or Gucci mane in an interview and see someone pretending to be someone else. Rick Ross actually really believes he's the picture he painted.

It's funny. The dudes that are always screaming "it's only entertainment" are the same ones so fixated on "street credibility". Like which one is it? Does it not matter at all or does it? You can't stand on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
There is a fine line between exaggeration and fabrication.

You pointing out the "possibility" that he may have been a dirty co...does not AT ALL excuse him from literally borrowing another man's life to use as a backdrop for his rap career. He even borrowed his ******* appearance. He's not rapping about being a dirty co. He's rapping about being freeway Rick. That's not an exaggeration. It's a complete ******* lie.

It's one thing if you say that he makes good music and that's all you care about. I can buy that. But don't sit up here and actually try to sell me on his "possible" street credibility.

There's a reason Rick Ross catches the brunt of this argument more than those other guys you named. This dude goes the extra mile for you to really buy into this lie he's created. He is literally method acting. You don't look at Jay-z or Gucci mane in an interview and see someone pretending to be someone else. Rick Ross actually really believes he's the picture he painted.

It's funny. The dudes that are always screaming "it's only entertainment" are the same ones so fixated on "street credibility". Like which one is it? Does it not matter at all or does it? You can't stand on both sides of the fence.
Why are you so hung up on it?  Why does any of it matter,  fact is he's getting millions and many of it and he's been living good this whole time so obviously he's making it work for him

Why are you so hung up on it?  Why does any of it matter,  fact is he's getting millions and many of it and he's been living good this whole time so obviously he's making it work for him

Who's "hung up on it"?

I'm sorry...is this not a message board? Are we not discussing the topic? I'm not losing sleep at night thinking about Rick Ross so tf are you talking about?

Great for Rick Ross. He's a successful guy. But that's not what we're talking about.

Last edited:
Who's "hung up on it"?

I'm sorry...is this not a message board? Are not discussing the topic? I'm not losing sleep at night thinking about Rick Ross so tf are you talking about?

Great for Rick Ross. He's a successful guy. But that's not what we're talking about.
You keep bringing up the acting aspect like he's not an entertainer and that's not what other entertainers do.  Almost every rapper would like to cross over into acting opportunities anyways.  Its all entertainment, some entertainers are just better at it than others

You keep bringing up the acting aspect like he's not an entertainer and that's not what other entertainers do.  Almost every rapper would like to cross over into acting opportunities anyways.  Its all entertainment, some entertainers are just better at it than others

You either not reading or you can't comprehend what we're discussing.

This isn't a what is or isn't entertainment debate. My initial comment was towards @FLESH PRINCE in response to his post about Dirty correctional officers. I'm simply saying that the idea that he may have been...does not AT ALL validate the completely fictional character he's created.

Do you not understand that? If it's entertainment...why try to sell the idea that being a dirty co gives credence to his persona? If it's entertainment...your argument should be "so what...I like his music". trying to sell someone on his street credibility is a complete contradiction of that.

William Roberts will forever be the biggest f-boi for taking a real man's name/life to build a rap career and then not pay homage to said person.

I'm sure Gucci, TIP, Jeezy, etc. have all exaggerated in their raps. I think anybody with common sense accepts that. But to use someone else's name and persona, who at the time couldn't even defend themselves because they were locked up, that's some sucka ****.

Y'all talk all this **** about Rozay taking dude name, what about 50? Only difference is 50 used a dude who was dead and couldn't press him about the name.

I don't see what he's doing different from any other rapper, they all play roles and characters. Why cant help? It all boils down to him being a CO. If you say you can't **** with him because of that alone then ok but don't say he can't play the same type of roles 90% of rappers are playing just because of that.

The problem with Ross is even people who know him hint around like his whole image is a facade.

When you look at him, it's like he's playing a role and he's a bad actor while doing it.

Get skip off first take n put Jalen it'll be Gold :smokin

Not with Stephen A

That show is trash, especially with those two buffoons as host.

:lol: at trying to figure out which rappers are real.

:lol: at calling Kendrick and Cole "saviors"

:lol:

What's so funny about it?
In hip hop, when it comes to MUSIC and bein relatively real, Kendrick and Cole come through for us.

It doesn't mean they aren't also entertainers. They still have to act and perform to elevate their brand, we understand that.

But at the same time they ain't auditioning for the sequel to Selma or American Gangster 2 every time they have a mic in front of them the way Rozay does.

I don't get the humor, it's not an opinion it's a fact :lol:

Last edited:
Ross is cool in my book.

He does play that untouchable boss character though. It's overwhelming at times, but also entertaining and comedic. I appreciate when rappers are more vulnerable and honest at times, but I get it. He's really just a regular dude the grew up in the hood, new some street dudes, got a job as a CO and maybe dabbled in small times drug dealing. A lot of people grow up like that.That could be any of us. He just embellishes his street tales like all rappers do.

I can't 100% rock with him for lying about being a CO though. That was some sucker ****. Should've just came out and explained it the way he does now when it came out instead of lying....But overall, he seems solid.

Ive heard that Ross is a pretty humble and approachable dude and really knows his music. Ross is like the only rapper to be super hot, and put Styles P on the biggest street single of the summer, when Styles wasn't "hot". When he's in his soul-mafioso rapping lane....very few rappers can hang with him.

Ross would be a dope children's book writer, or even audio books. His grand stories are really amazing :lol:

Not to derail but I been watching Narcos 
roll.gif

Was Freeway Rick Ross getting his work from Pablo?

Last edited:
Not to derail but I been watching Narcos :rofl:

He was a dirty correctional officer getting it directly from Pablo into the jails. A character based on his life, played by Anthony Anderson will be featured in Season 2.

Not to derail but I been watching Narcos 
roll.gif

He was a dirty correctional officer getting it directly from Pablo into the jails. A character based on his life, played by Anthony Anderson will be featured in Season 2.
Wow, excited to see this part of the story. Never knew Pablo had so much influence til I started watching the show. Makes you wonder how easily someone could take over a country.

Jim Jones knew the real Richie porter?
Jay lost 92 bricks?
We will never knowwwwww

Back
Top Bottom