***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Men and women are at war with each other...and this funny **** going on in the world is at an all time high.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but my dude Sean been mad boring and secretive in his last few interviews.

Need someone objective to let me know if the new one is worth watching. :nerd:

Last edited:
I hate to say it but my dude Sean been mad boring and secretive in his last few interviews.

Need someone objective to let me know if the new one is worth watching.
nerd.gif
they need to get Nas on there.. I want nas to confirm the Dj envy story

yeah very terrible. I thought she was ok at first now its easy to see she is the weak link. Looked like Big Sean blew her off with some of her pillow talk questions

Minus whale kick Yee off and bring Angie on the breakfast club morning slot. Ag is old; very soon, she'll be too weak to carry that afternoon slot...

Last edited:
Is the radio really still THAT important to the general public in NYC?

I always see ya'll talking about the battle between both of the big stations but I have NO insight at all about it. 

I just find it incredible that radio still holds SO much influence when the internet is what it is.

I can honestly say I haven't purposely turned on the radio in damn near 10 years. 

Last edited:
^^^

Goes both ways.

I think radio understands how powerful the internet is. Which is why they film as much content for the web as they do for on air.

This battle is being fought on the internet as much as it's being fought on air.

Beyond that, and I've said this quite a bit on here......

There are people that are passionate about music. But that **** is like 10% of the population let's say. Which is why you can only get to a certain level via the internet alone.

Then there is the other 90% who are passive about music, but still like/love it. Do you know anyone that doesn't enjoy music in some capacity?

And they almost WANT to be told what the hot new records are. Without having to search for them via blogs/streaming sites.

The way sites "curate" dope new music for passionate music fans is the way radio "curates" music for the passive music fan. They go to their favorite station and enjoy.

I believe the passive FAR outweigh the passionate.

I also think radio is more important in cities with "car culture". NY being the exception. But these are iconic, heritage brands in NY. So yea, people still check for them. And the personalities.

So you have Angie going to Power. iHeart Media trying to hire Big Boy from Power 106 etc.

My .02.

Last edited:
^^^

Goes both ways.

I think radio understands how powerful the internet is. Which is why they film as much content for the web as they do for on air.

This battle is being fought on the internet as much as it's being fought on air.

Beyond that, and I've said this quite a bit on here......

There are people that are passionate about music. But that **** is like 10% of the population let's say. Which is why you can only get to a certain level via the internet alone.

Then there is the other 90% who are passive about music, but still like/love it. Do you know anyone that doesn't enjoy music in some capacity?

And they almost WANT to be told what the hot new records are. Without having to search for them via blogs/streaming sites.

The way sites "curate" dope new music for passionate music fans is the way radio "curates" music for the passive music fan. They go to their favorite station and enjoy.

I believe the passive FAR outweigh the passionate.

I also think radio is more important in cities with "car culture". NY being the exception. But these are iconic, heritage brands in NY. So yea, people still check for them. And the personalities.

So you have Angie going to Power. iHeart Media trying to hire Big Boy from Power 106 etc.

My .02.

Well said g

I always see ya'll talking about the battle between both of the big stations but I have NO insight at all about it. 

I just find it incredible that radio still holds SO much influence when the internet is what it is.

I can honestly say I haven't purposely turned on the radio in damn near 10 years. 

Most people discussing this aren't from New York :lol:

Radio became big in New York because of the amount of walking and waiting you do that makes up for cars.

And with the beginning and growth or rap, the online personalities became hip hop personalities, i.e. Flex

The internet is for those that are technologically advanced. If you grew up with radio, most likely you still listen to the radio. Most people didn't grow up with iPod's and iPhone's. You're looking at it from a 20 something on down perspective.

And most people are perfectly happy with listening to Rihanna and Rae Sremmurd every two hours.

To add to the radio war in NY

When you are a DJ like (envy,Flex,Cypha,Pro style, etc) your radio spins and your name carry a lot in the clubs of NYC.

Promoters pay more for 105.1 and hot 97 djs because they know they reach a lot more people that will be going to these clubs. If you listened to the Cypha sounds podcast before he got fired he said his money will slow up because he doesn't have the access to the free airway promotion. This is how they make a lot of their money so the DJs are all competing very hard.

they need to get Nas on there.. I want nas to confirm the Dj envy story

I doubt Nas will do it, Nas is too laid back and secretive for the nonsense assoiciated with that show. I know Charlamagne shows OGs respect when they come up, but I don't think Nas will fit the dynamic of that group. But, hey who knows?

Nas would come when he has an album coming out, whenever that happens

but IMO he's a boring interview if you want to get the normal TBC interview. Nas is more of a Juan Epstein or Combat Jack interview. I actually think Ebro would do a better job also.

I was also wondering why TBC didn't ask Chris about Kevin McCall.

Last edited:

I can't speak on NYC (I'm from LA), but for me personally I don't listen to radio for the music.

I can't stand the music they play on the radio. However, I listen to radio in the morning which only plays 3-4 songs every hour and on my way home, I'm listening to breakfast club interviews.

I rather listen to interviews with artists then a bunch of one-hit wonders.

illphillip illphillip Your post is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom