***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

industry so fake its disgusting. noway would i survive. not for all the fake politician.

i cant get down with the whole new found gang affiliation, but i can see CB as a stand up dude.

A lot of them get affiliated with certain gangs/people so they don't get extorted... that much.

I wonder if other artists have to pay a pass to come a to state and perform or has to pay "fees" to goons.

Like imagine Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears or Taylor Swift have to pay up :lol:

A lot of them get affiliated with certain gangs/people so they don't get extorted... that much.

I wonder if other artists have to pay a pass to come a to state and perform or has to pay "fees" to goons.

Like imagine Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears or Taylor Swift have to pay up :lol:

We talked about it for a while here before.

Its only for these rapper and r&b dudes. Gangstas dont know when Britney Spears is coming to town and she isnt going to be where they are.

But when you are a rapper and you going to the local Saturday night spot with your name on the flyer people are going to come looking for some money. A lot of the times they make you have a local artist open up for you so i can respect that.

You only get extorted when you choose to move in those circles. These cities are huge. No street dudes run a city, town or state. But they might have some varying degree of influence in some scenes that interest you for whatever reason...and could potentially make things difficult for you. CB doesn't have to move in those circles. He's bigger than that, but he does that to seem like he's "real" and "down"...and to move with some people that are respected. Makes you seem tougher and more powerful. Same with Drake.

Couldn't listen to another hour of these dudes talk. But I was impressed when Chris brown spoke about how black artist can make incredible R&B music and it only goes so far...but then a Sam Smith or something comes along and it's the best new thing since sliced bread.

You only get extorted when you choose to move in those circles. 
Simple and plain. 

How is this STILL just entertainment to some people? 
laugh.gif

Ignorant ****...dominates the culture. Dude said he has to avoid clubs where his own people frequent the most...because of that threat of violating his parole. Think about that for a second...

Last edited:
But I was impressed when Chris brown spoke about how black artist can make incredible R&B music and it only goes so far...but then a Sam Smith or something comes along and it's the best new thing since sliced bread.

There's no denying it.

"Adorn" could and should have been a massive Pop record.

Let Sam Smith or Bruno Mars (I know he ain't white, but you know what I'm saying....) make that record and watch what happens.

Last edited:
There's no denying it.

Let Sam Smith or Bruno Mars (I know he ain't white, but you know what I'm saying....) make that record and watch what happens.

100% truth. It's also why urban r&b is in the state it's in today. Because the chris browns and ushers of the world are chasing pop & top 40 music instead of really trying to make r&b. The industry has learned, whored and mastered the sound...so now they don't need the innovators anymorr. Not taking anything away from Sam Smith and the like.

It's more marketable for a white artist to make r&b. Black r&b artist can't truly win because when the soulful white artist make traditional r&b...it's catapult to the top.The same charts that Chris Brown and Usher are chasing with their pop music. It's like a hamster chasing a running wheel for black artist.

There's no denying it.

You also have to look at who "runs" the industry.. The Big Three.. Universal, Sony, Warner. The top of those labels dont look like black people so when someone "remix"'s a black persons idea. they will make sure they prmote and because most people who buy music look like the people who run the big three.. its going to get different reception..

I'm STILL suprised Master P,Jay Z, And Puffy Wont just make a MAJOR Distributer and get all of the black artists to sign to them and blacks can finally have an edge on the music industry..

This was a talk in the 90's but whenever they brought it up.. Their bosses gave them "raises" in exchange for not going "rougue".

I tried to watch the Breezy interview but I'm over him. It seems like it was headed in a good direction but I don't care.

I feel like every time you give Chris an inch he takes a miles. Its always something with him.

Nas...
I tried to watch the Breezy interview but I'm over him. It seems like it was headed in a good direction but I don't care.

I feel like every time you give Chris an inch he takes a miles. Its always something with him.

Son has no negativity in his life right now though.. and hes always real.

industry so fake its disgusting. noway would i survive. not for all the fake politician.

i cant get down with the whole new found gang affiliation, but i can see CB as a stand up dude.

Corporate america is the same way

You only get extorted when you choose to move in those circles. These cities are huge. No street dudes run a city, town or state. But they might have some varying degree of influence in some scenes that interest you for whatever reason...and could potentially make things difficult for you. CB doesn't have to move in those circles. He's bigger than that, but he does that to seem like he's "real" and "down"...and to move with some people that are respected. Makes you seem tougher and more powerful. Same with Drake.

Couldn't listen to another hour of these dudes talk. But I was impressed when Chris brown spoke about how black artist can make incredible R&B music and it only goes so far...but then a Sam Smith or something comes along and it's the best new thing since sliced bread.

I think they've set it up where they don't need us anymore.

Simple and plain. 

How is this STILL just entertainment to some people? :lol:  

Ignorant ****...dominates the culture. Dude said he has to avoid clubs where his own people frequent the most...because of that threat of violating his parole. Think about that for a second...

It's more than just his parole. What other R&B artist has incidents at their concert? August Alsina?

I think he was full of it with his answer about singers/rappers. He was the first? He must have missed the past 20 years. R&B singers knew their lane before.

There's no denying it.

:nthat: but I think also most black singers have dumbed down their music like rap artist. You have Neyo making theme songs for strippers trying to compete. What happen to singers talking about women and love, respectfully?

You also have to look at who "runs" the industry.. The Big Three.. Universal, Sony, Warner. The top of those labels dont look like black people so when someone "remix"'s a black persons idea. they will make sure they prmote and because most people who buy music look like the people who run the big three.. its going to get different reception..

I'm STILL suprised Master P,Jay Z, And Puffy Wont just make a MAJOR Distributer and get all of the black artists to sign to them and blacks can finally have an edge on the music industry..

This was a talk in the 90's but whenever they brought it up.. Their bosses gave them "raises" in exchange for not going "rougue".
Well if the people aint buying it, why sell it? Remember when regular R&B singers with no reall top hot 100 song could sell 1 million copies? I mean there was a time when black people supported R&B, but now we really don't. So what do you expect? At the end of the day its a business. Sure the shady mess still happens, but if somebody was buying them records, they would get more of a promotion.

It's more than just his parole. What other R&B artist has incidents at their concert? August Alsina?

I think he was full of it with his answer about singers/rappers. He was the first? He must have missed the past 20 years. R&B singers knew their lane before.
:nthat: but I think also most black singers have dumbed down their music like rap artist. You have Neyo making theme songs for strippers trying to compete. What happen to singers talking about women and love, respectfully?

:rofl: at that song

Can't be mad at that though. That's where the women at nowadays

Didnt even know there was a thread for this, lol. I d/l the show and listen to it at work everyday. ***** get me through the 8hrs easy, lol.

Didnt even know there was a thread for this, lol. I d/l the show and listen to it at work everyday. ***** get me through the 8hrs easy, lol.
lol welcome to the forum about the club and just a heads up this thread and get CRAZY sometimes..lol

:rofl: at that song

Can't be mad at that though. That's where the women at nowadays

The more i think about it this song is spot on about our generation.

The vast majority of the males of the males in our generation don't love these females so how are they gonna sing about it. The few that do find someone that they love its so few and far between they couldn't sell enough records to make it in the current music industry.

Then on the other side a lot of these females have resorted to being "THOTS" because they feel its the only way to get the attention that they are looking for from the baller/rapper/athlete/IG famous people.

I doubt we will ever see R&B music the same anymore.

Smh, Chris Brown is such a joke. There ain't a single thing genuine about him. But I know he has his fan boys on NT so I'll just keep it moving :lol:

Back
Top Bottom