OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

It was directed at First Born.
And I'd like to hear why you dont believe the Canucks are built for the playoffs. No hate, just wondering. I am bias, obviously. 
laugh.gif

And I'd like to hear why you dont believe the Canucks are built for the playoffs. No hate, just wondering. I am bias, obviously. 
laugh.gif

I think we all know very well that once you get in, it really is a crap shoot and honestly comes down to the matchups.  Sure, this is obvious and quite cliche, but it really is true.  I feel very good about the Rangers because of their goaltending and their style of play that can really wear a team out.  Obviously the Canucks owned the regular season and obtained a very well deserved Presidents Trophy, but it doesn't mean that they are going to even survive a round in the playoffs.  Just because someone thinks that they're not going to come out of the West wasn't meant to be a shot at the team in my opinion.  Either way, we should all sit back and enjoy some playoff puck!!!!!! 

I think we all know very well that once you get in, it really is a crap shoot and honestly comes down to the matchups.  Sure, this is obvious and quite cliche, but it really is true.  I feel very good about the Rangers because of their goaltending and their style of play that can really wear a team out.  Obviously the Canucks owned the regular season and obtained a very well deserved Presidents Trophy, but it doesn't mean that they are going to even survive a round in the playoffs.  Just because someone thinks that they're not going to come out of the West wasn't meant to be a shot at the team in my opinion.  Either way, we should all sit back and enjoy some playoff puck!!!!!! 

I hope no one takes/will take anything said in here personal. I respect all of you guys, obviously love the sport and your teams.
But you have to talk some trash. Keeps it entertaining. 
laugh.gif

I hope no one takes/will take anything said in here personal. I respect all of you guys, obviously love the sport and your teams.
But you have to talk some trash. Keeps it entertaining. 
laugh.gif

gotta disagree stillin... luck? more like matchups

and you Rangers fans are awfully optimistic seeing as ur backbone is out... I jus cant see u winnin without Callahan... u do have Lundquist tho...

hes actually the only goalie i think can single handedly win a series this year IMO... maybe Rinne but itd be more a combo of goo D and good netminding

and you Rangers fans are awfully optimistic seeing as ur backbone is out... I jus cant see u winnin without Callahan... u do have Lundquist tho...

hes actually the only goalie i think can single handedly win a series this year IMO... maybe Rinne but itd be more a combo of goo D and good netminding

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Its not about what teams finished with 110+ points in the regular season or which teams are stacked with 30 goal scorers. The teams that win in the playoffs are the ones that are specifically built for the playoffs. To me, those two teams are the Bruins Flyers and Ducks. We shall see.

On paper atleast. W/ a healthy Pronger they are different team and from reports he's going to play in the Sabre series. With him that is 3 top pairing dlines and 3 scoring lines. I'm not worried about goaltending because after all Flyers made it with Michael $!$%^@ Leighton
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We just have to see if the heart and effort is there.

I agree with the Ducks

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Its not about what teams finished with 110+ points in the regular season or which teams are stacked with 30 goal scorers. The teams that win in the playoffs are the ones that are specifically built for the playoffs. To me, those two teams are the Bruins Flyers and Ducks. We shall see.

On paper atleast. W/ a healthy Pronger they are different team and from reports he's going to play in the Sabre series. With him that is 3 top pairing dlines and 3 scoring lines. I'm not worried about goaltending because after all Flyers made it with Michael $!$%^@ Leighton
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We just have to see if the heart and effort is there.

I agree with the Ducks

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

luck is part of getting a favorable match up, here was my follow up to that...
agree to an extent but there are many variables and I think your first statement can be very contradicting because look back at history and many top teams won and many teams with depth and scoring won which says a team with those attributes can't win, it's about about the next match up IMO. I don't think there is any team that you can say is built for the playoffs but what teams can adjust best to the concept of a usually lower scoring-tighter defensive scheme. I think every team has the ability to be "built" for the playoffs, coaching is also where the great coaches shine or the average coaches. 
just my take  

luck is part of getting a favorable match up, here was my follow up to that...
agree to an extent but there are many variables and I think your first statement can be very contradicting because look back at history and many top teams won and many teams with depth and scoring won which says a team with those attributes can't win, it's about about the next match up IMO. I don't think there is any team that you can say is built for the playoffs but what teams can adjust best to the concept of a usually lower scoring-tighter defensive scheme. I think every team has the ability to be "built" for the playoffs, coaching is also where the great coaches shine or the average coaches. 
just my take  

Against the Caps though?
grin.gif

Against the Caps though?
grin.gif

/\
laugh.gif
exactly y i started with I dont think theyre winnning haha but if theres one goalie capable of standing on his head for a week straight its the king... it is how they got in the playoffs afterall

/\
laugh.gif
exactly y i started with I dont think theyre winnning haha but if theres one goalie capable of standing on his head for a week straight its the king... it is how they got in the playoffs afterall

The last few years specifically have shown us standings mean nothing come playoff time. Last years ECF was a 7 and 8...

The NHL Playoffs are the hardest to pick IMO

The last few years specifically have shown us standings mean nothing come playoff time. Last years ECF was a 7 and 8...

The NHL Playoffs are the hardest to pick IMO

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Come at me bro!
laugh.gif

For the most part everyone in here respects one another so I doubt anything will be taken personal unless insults are directed at a user. I agree trash talk is essential, especially in this sport and during the playoffs even moreso.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Come at me bro!
laugh.gif

For the most part everyone in here respects one another so I doubt anything will be taken personal unless insults are directed at a user. I agree trash talk is essential, especially in this sport and during the playoffs even moreso.

here we go...best playoffs of em all, finally here
pimp.gif

juiced for hawks canucks tonight...going to be a late one
laugh.gif

wish we were getting a different early game tho

Back
Top Bottom