...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by belle155

ok if you have someones BB Pin and msg them with blackberry messenger, does that count as a regular text message?

i have the verizon text plan with unlimited to verizon (since most of my contacts are verizon) and 500 texts to non-verizon a month.

one of my best friends tho, uses sprint i think but has a blackberry. if i BBM him, will that count towards my 500 non-verizon texts a month or is a BBM seperate. (im guessing AIM messages dont count towards that 500 also right??)
BBM and BB pin are different then txt messages. BBM and BB pin are all data services. So if you BBM him that is not counting against your 500 nonVerizon txt messages a month.

I really wonder if you all follow the directions to the tee. My whole process took no longer than 5 minutes from the time I downloaded the zip.

By George I think I got it
pimp.gif

Every ota link for the blackberry bold I try doesnt work
indifferent.gif
..I cant use the desktop manager cause Imusing a mac and pocketmac is doing me no justice right now...can someone please please get me a working ota..Im running 4.6

4.6.1.213 OFFICIAL OS update for T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900 is out.

T-Mobile Releases BlackBerry Curve8900 OS 4.6.1.231

Forewarning, all the statuses on my BlackBerry Messenger got wiped. Not the contacts themselves, just the status. There was a message after the update thatsaid BBM something something could update 0/1 or something.

From CrackBerry:
Good news for BlackBerry Curve 8900 users on T-Mobile as updated firmware is now available for your device! OS version 4.6.1.231 for the Curve 8900 is now available for. At this point 4.6.1.231 is an official OS download so if you have been holding off on an update due to it being a leaked version, you need not worry here. Some changes to look forward to with htis OS:
  • Improved battery life
  • Improved performance and stability
  • Improved UMA and data performance
  • Enhancements to audio and the speakerphone
  • Fixes myfaves issues
  • Fixes uncaught exception errors
For those not messing around with leaked OS's
laugh.gif
I'm waiting on theofficial release for BBM 5.0

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Sprint told me Im eligible for a $150 upgrade but the Tour would still cost $199. What is the purpose of the $150 upgrade???

200 is a HECK of big difference from 5 bills G....you upgrade while simultaneously renewing for another 2 years.
I guess so. Might check out ebay or craigslist.
cheapest I saw on ebay was BIN 400
eyes.gif

200 is prolly the cheapest you gon' see--which, dam, I don't know how much cheaper you expectin'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by I Got Grapes

add me to ur bb

bbmbarcode.jpg
So like....How the hell does this work?

Do you need BB 5.0?
Yes you need BB 5.0. Once you do you hit menu then add contact. You will then see scan invitation or show your invitation. If you are addingsomeone you click scan, it will proceed to open your camera and you just line it up with the barcode and it then add that person.

Sprint told me Im eligible for a $150 upgrade but the Tour would still cost $199. What is the purpose of the $150 upgrade???

200 is a HECK of big difference from 5 bills G....you upgrade while simultaneously renewing for another 2 years.
eyes.gif

200 is prolly the cheapest you gon' see--which, dam, I don't know how much cheaper you expectin'
laugh.gif

That's what I'm saying.
laugh.gif

He trying to get a brand new Blackberry Tourfor $100 or something?
laugh.gif
Icalled around everywhere in Memphis to see if htey had it and no luck. I got the Pre right now and waiting on the Tour to come out to see if I want to make myexchange.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

That's what I'm saying.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I called around everywhere in Memphis to see if htey had it and no luck. I got the Pre right now and waiting on the Tour to come out to see if I want to make my exchange.
grin.gif

Best Buy by wolfchase said they getting them.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

That's what I'm saying.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I called around everywhere in Memphis to see if htey had it and no luck. I got the Pre right now and waiting on the Tour to come out to see if I want to make my exchange.
grin.gif

Best Buy by wolfchase said they getting them.

nerd.gif

They already have it or they aren't getting it til' August like everybody else? In that case, I might go up there this weekend to take a look at it.

Sooooo.

VERY, HIGHLY, RIDICULOUSLY, disappointed w/ 5.0.... Suuuuuuuper lag on BBM messages, messages NOT being delivered, having to send multiple bbms of the SAMEMESSAGE just to make sure the recipient receives the message.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

So today, I downgrade back to 4.6 & here's what happened.

I may have gotten the best of both worlds...

under applications, I have BlackBerry Messenger (version) 4.6... back to instant bbms, quick delivery, smooth convos.
but when I click the BBM icon, I have the 5.0 design & features.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

To those of you who have Bolds, hold off till the OFFICIAL release. That's just MY advice. Take it from someone who's tried it & disliked it. Ifnot, hopefully yours runs smoothly & not like how my experience went.

& to dude who has a Curve (I think it was) who tried installing 5.0 & has a missing BBM icon, I think you're SOL.

my boy tried doin the upgrade and got +%@@@@# on. same deal you got. so, if you can't reinstall 5.0... you gotta dl an OS for your phone via BB.com &run it through desktop manager.
Good luck.
ohwell.gif

They fixed the messages not being delivered glitch though. RIM even fixed the avys now. I can see Stan's and dunny's avy now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Well you guys have to remember the 5.0 that was leaked is just the beta. Its not an official release so it will have problems.

what is a good blackberry CASE?

i see people with those little flimsy plastic ones that wrap around the sides. are those the best ones out? i just have been using the one it came with so far.anyone use screen protectors also? again, haha i still have the OG screen protector it had on it outta the box

tour btw

possible late pass needed...

i got my Storm and i am loving it..had it since Jan...SLACKER...FTW..

OK my ? to NT is this...how do i get to watch videos or movies on it for me to dload? is there a program? is there a site?

thanks in advance...

btw CB.com is killing me...thats y im in here asking you guys!

Tried to install 5.0. Didn't work. Lost my original BBM in the process.

I have a 8900 for T-Mobile and I'm on a Mac

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Sooooo.

VERY, HIGHLY, RIDICULOUSLY, disappointed w/ 5.0.... Suuuuuuuper lag on BBM messages, messages NOT being delivered, having to send multiple bbms of the SAME MESSAGE just to make sure the recipient receives the message.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

So today, I downgrade back to 4.6 & here's what happened.

I may have gotten the best of both worlds...

under applications, I have BlackBerry Messenger (version) 4.6... back to instant bbms, quick delivery, smooth convos.
but when I click the BBM icon, I have the 5.0 design & features.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

To those of you who have Bolds, hold off till the OFFICIAL release. That's just MY advice. Take it from someone who's tried it & disliked it. If not, hopefully yours runs smoothly & not like how my experience went.

& to dude who has a Curve (I think it was) who tried installing 5.0 & has a missing BBM icon, I think you're SOL.

my boy tried doin the upgrade and got +%@@@@# on. same deal you got. so, if you can't reinstall 5.0... you gotta dl an OS for your phone via BB.com & run it through desktop manager.
Good luck.
ohwell.gif

Calm the F down dude...

Illionaire, whats ur pin/barcode

barcode idea is
pimp.gif

i dont know about all that gps- tracking stuff...i can do with that piece

also peeped the tour at verizon...enh- buttons kinda small and feel like they might hurt my fingers after awhile?
nerd.gif
tired of the storm tho so we'll see

Back
Top Bottom