Official Big Sean Thread vol. FFOE (Finally Famous: The Album -- OUT NOW!!!!)

Originally Posted by dland24

Album of the year so far, hands down for me.

30t6p3b.gif
at anyone saying this is trash. Im convinced NT would have hated on Ready to Die if NT was around when it was a new release.

Shaolin vs Wu-Tang >>> Finally Famous
R.E.K.S >>> Finally Famous
W.A.R. >>> Finally Famous
The Return of 4Eva >>>Finally Famous
All 6s & 7s >>> Finally Famous
Elmatic >>>Finally Famous
The Great Debater >>> Finally Famous
Riches Royalty & Respect >>> Finally Famous
Pl3dge >>> Finally Famous
Life Behind Limo Glass >>> Finally Famous

With all those releases coming out, you couldn't possibly be serious. I'll tell you one thing though, Finally Famous is at least better than Lasers. Production wise.

30t6p3b.gif
at anyone saying this is trash. Im convinced NT would have hated on Ready to Die if NT was around when it was a new release.

With all those releases coming out, you couldn't possibly be serious. I'll tell you one thing though, Finally Famous is at least better than Lasers. Production wise.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

stop posting

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

stop posting

The album isn't as bad as some of you make it out to be. I really enjoyed it. "Get It" is my fav song on the album,classic Neptunes production
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The album isn't as bad as some of you make it out to be. I really enjoyed it. "Get It" is my fav song on the album,classic Neptunes production
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

stop posting

Let me guess, you can't wait til Carter 4 comes out? And you actually think Lil' Wayne is the best rapper alive?

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

This is a solid @#$ debut album, I don't know what some of ya'll are listening to.

Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay alone solidifies this claim
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

That's funny, cause Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay was one of the worst songs on there. 
1ovwc0.gif

^^^^Is that cause I'm tellin the truth?? I didn't even say Finally Famous was a bad album, but it ain't the gassed
up thing that ya'll makin it out to be. If you wanna celebrate a 6/10 album, more power to you. And people wonder
why mainstream rap is goin down the toilet, cause people are too easily impressed by average stuff.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

stop posting

Let me guess, you can't wait til Carter 4 comes out? And you actually think Lil' Wayne is the best rapper alive?

This is a solid @#$ debut album, I don't know what some of ya'll are listening to.

Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay alone solidifies this claim
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

That's funny, cause Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay was one of the worst songs on there. 
1ovwc0.gif

^^^^Is that cause I'm tellin the truth?? I didn't even say Finally Famous was a bad album, but it ain't the gassed
up thing that ya'll makin it out to be. If you wanna celebrate a 6/10 album, more power to you. And people wonder
why mainstream rap is goin down the toilet, cause people are too easily impressed by average stuff.

6/10 album? @#$# out of here..... this album is much better than just average
grin.gif

100 Keys, So Much More, Don't Tell Me You Love Me ..... are those average songs? I don't think so.

Solid debut album. This is honestly one of the best albums to come out this year. The production is outstanding. People just let their hate of Big Sean blind them from what they're actually listening to. They come in with that mindset, "Oh it's Big Sean again this is about to be trash."
30t6p3b.gif
Ridiculous.

grin.gif

100 Keys, So Much More, Don't Tell Me You Love Me ..... are those average songs? I don't think so.

Solid debut album. This is honestly one of the best albums to come out this year. The production is outstanding. People just let their hate of Big Sean blind them from what they're actually listening to. They come in with that mindset, "Oh it's Big Sean again this is about to be trash."
30t6p3b.gif
Ridiculous.

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Ridiculous.

QFT

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Ridiculous.

QFT

Can always guarantee on the music forum for laughs off of outlandish statements.
laugh.gif

Personally, this album **$*@ on his first 3 mixtapes. Way too much filler on those projects, the real test (as with any album) is it's replay value a couple months from now.

Can always guarantee on the music forum for laughs off of outlandish statements.
laugh.gif

Personally, this album **$*@ on his first 3 mixtapes. Way too much filler on those projects, the real test (as with any album) is it's replay value a couple months from now.

Album is decent, i can't believe the dislike for Get It. That's probably my favorite song on the album. What's his set list like? Gonna see him and Wiz tonight, hopefully Sean's performance is nothing like his BET performance
laugh.gif

Album is decent, i can't believe the dislike for Get It. That's probably my favorite song on the album. What's his set list like? Gonna see him and Wiz tonight, hopefully Sean's performance is nothing like his BET performance
laugh.gif

I didn't even say Finally Famous was a bad album, but it ain't the gassed
It's trash...TO YOU.

It's a nice listen to others.

Leave it at that.

I didn't even say Finally Famous was a bad album, but it ain't the gassed
It's trash...TO YOU.

It's a nice listen to others.

Leave it at that.

I'd give this album a solid B, B- for a mainstream rap album. Thought it was solid debut. Very formulaic, no chances taken whatsoever, but executed effectively.

There arent any particularity great songs on the album (outside of maybe 'Celebrity', which is smooth as hell), but there aren't any bad ones either. The album rides out from beginning to end pretty much. Prolly wont have much replay value, but really, I can say that about 90% of the music I hear nowdays anyway. For the next month or so tho, it's riding...

There is definitely still room for growth w/ him tho. He can be as witty as (or more than) any of the 'new school' rappers at times, but gets redundant too often....somebody in his camp is gonna have to check him on that, or he'll be washed up in a year or so. He has the talent to top this album commercially & musically tho, it's there. We'll see...

and I know the Marvin Gaye record is the automatic single just off the features alone, but they need to strike w/ the 'Dance/***' joint, that seems to be easily the popular song off the album right now. That song is gonna be huge in Detroit, prolly gon bring Jittin back in the clubs. Prolly in Chicago too with footwork'n/jukin crowd and all that...def a strong techno/house feel to that one.

Great look for the city tho. Had to go out and support. Definitely motivational.
pimp.gif

I'd give this album a solid B, B- for a mainstream rap album. Thought it was solid debut. Very formulaic, no chances taken whatsoever, but executed effectively.

There arent any particularity great songs on the album (outside of maybe 'Celebrity', which is smooth as hell), but there aren't any bad ones either. The album rides out from beginning to end pretty much. Prolly wont have much replay value, but really, I can say that about 90% of the music I hear nowdays anyway. For the next month or so tho, it's riding...

There is definitely still room for growth w/ him tho. He can be as witty as (or more than) any of the 'new school' rappers at times, but gets redundant too often....somebody in his camp is gonna have to check him on that, or he'll be washed up in a year or so. He has the talent to top this album commercially & musically tho, it's there. We'll see...

and I know the Marvin Gaye record is the automatic single just off the features alone, but they need to strike w/ the 'Dance/***' joint, that seems to be easily the popular song off the album right now. That song is gonna be huge in Detroit, prolly gon bring Jittin back in the clubs. Prolly in Chicago too with footwork'n/jukin crowd and all that...def a strong techno/house feel to that one.

Great look for the city tho. Had to go out and support. Definitely motivational.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

There arent any particularity great songs on the album
(outside of maybe 'Celebrity', which is smooth as hell), but there aren't any bad ones either. The album rides out from beginning to end pretty much. Prolly wont have much replay value, but really, I can say that about 90% of the music I hear nowdays anyway. For the next month or so tho, it's riding...

pimp.gif

That's pretty much the point I was making, but dudes got too amped up and didn't actually read. The way they were defending the album, you
would think they were signed to G.O.O.D. Music themselves and were on stage with Big Sean. I never said the album was trash, but that it
was very standard and formulaic, basically, the same stuff everybody else is doing with very little variation. But for people to say at the midpoint
of this year, that Finally Famous is "album of the year", is pretty laughable, based on every other album and even mixtape that have come out
this year. I guess the same people who think this album is the best of the year have Rolling Papers, Too Cool To Care, and Lasers behind that,
or Finally Famous is the only album they've listened to in 2011. So I'll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom