Official - BCS National Championship - #2 Oregon vs. #1 Auburn - Monday, Jan. 10th, ESPN 8:30pm EST

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

and we whooped your ##$ last year

chill out dude. it's fans like you i wish i could jaw in the face for cheering for auburn.
Me chill out? You talking about punching people on the internet. 
just forget it. ur just a lost cause. 
If that last post for me...u don't wanna see me

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

chill out dude. it's fans like you i wish i could jaw in the face for cheering for auburn.
Me chill out? You talking about punching people on the internet. 
just forget it. ur just a lost cause. 
If that last post for me...u don't wanna see me

Let me know! I'll give you ever opportunity to say this to me. This is cool on a forum but i'm fake righhtttttt

Let me know! I'll give you ever opportunity to say this to me. This is cool on a forum but i'm fake righhtttttt

yT2uX.gif

Your quickly taking my top spot as most hated in sports forum bro. I don't like this. Stop talking
laugh.gif

Your quickly taking my top spot as most hated in sports forum bro. I don't like this. Stop talking
laugh.gif

First off, I tip my hat to the Auburn Tigers. That was a hell of a game that probably took a few years off my lifespan.

Some of my thoughts...

- Yes there were some crazy/fluke plays, but the game was still there for either team to win and Auburn made them while Oregon didn't when it absolutely mattered most.

- I question some of the play calling with a lot of runs between the tackles in short, goal line situations and a smaller running back/O-line. So many "what-if" moments. But in games like this, it's hard not to question most every difficult play that happened.

- The Oregon defense played a hell of a game, holding Auburn to 20 points below their season average. They missed some assignments but also made fantastic plays, especially Matthews and that forced fumble. IMO, they played their best game of the season and left it all on the field.

- On that note about the Ducks' defense, it's times like this when I wish Miles Wade, Justin Thompson, Simi Fili, and other DT tackle prospects could have made it to Oregon. We could have used them in the trenches to stop Dyer.

- I won't take anything away from Auburn as they won the game, but these schools from the SEC and Pac-10 are not worlds apart. They were probably some of the most evenly matched teams since Texas/USC and it showed in the game. The SEC is the top conference in CFB, no doubt, but I don't think they are in a different universe of domination.

- Oregon is still very young, and that's important to remember. LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, and Darron Thomas are sophomores. They lose some key people on defense, but with the way they rotate bodies, I don't know how much of an impact that will have until we start again next season against LSU.

- I was disappointed at the no-show of Josh Huff. He can be very dynamic with the ball in his hands and I don't think I saw him touch it outside of the opening kickoff. Maybe he was too small? I'd like to know why he wasn't used more often and given more of a chance to use his play-making ability.

- Oregon had a hell of a season and played a hell of a game. 12-1 is nothing to shake your head at. Yes, it's disappointing to lose in the national championship, but I'm still proud of the team and how they never gave up. This will sting for awhile, but the program is in good hands with Chip Kelly.

- Looking forward to next season, if we can get past LSU in the opener, I think we can do pretty well. 11/12/11 will be the date to circle on the Pac-10 calendar when Oregon goes to Stanford. We close out against USC and Oregon State and potentially the Pac-12 championship game that could be at Autzen if we have the better record. Oregon could definitely make it back for the second straight year. It will take some continued tweaking of the offense, defense, but I think we can do it again.

Again, I'm proud of this Oregon squad and the way they never gave up on the game. It'll be tough to stomach, but I know it will be a cause of growth and learning for the returning players and coaches.

Sad that college football is over. There's nothing like it and I can't wait for the 2011 season. Go Ducks!

First off, I tip my hat to the Auburn Tigers. That was a hell of a game that probably took a few years off my lifespan.

Some of my thoughts...

- Yes there were some crazy/fluke plays, but the game was still there for either team to win and Auburn made them while Oregon didn't when it absolutely mattered most.

- I question some of the play calling with a lot of runs between the tackles in short, goal line situations and a smaller running back/O-line. So many "what-if" moments. But in games like this, it's hard not to question most every difficult play that happened.

- The Oregon defense played a hell of a game, holding Auburn to 20 points below their season average. They missed some assignments but also made fantastic plays, especially Matthews and that forced fumble. IMO, they played their best game of the season and left it all on the field.

- On that note about the Ducks' defense, it's times like this when I wish Miles Wade, Justin Thompson, Simi Fili, and other DT tackle prospects could have made it to Oregon. We could have used them in the trenches to stop Dyer.

- I won't take anything away from Auburn as they won the game, but these schools from the SEC and Pac-10 are not worlds apart. They were probably some of the most evenly matched teams since Texas/USC and it showed in the game. The SEC is the top conference in CFB, no doubt, but I don't think they are in a different universe of domination.

- Oregon is still very young, and that's important to remember. LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, and Darron Thomas are sophomores. They lose some key people on defense, but with the way they rotate bodies, I don't know how much of an impact that will have until we start again next season against LSU.

- I was disappointed at the no-show of Josh Huff. He can be very dynamic with the ball in his hands and I don't think I saw him touch it outside of the opening kickoff. Maybe he was too small? I'd like to know why he wasn't used more often and given more of a chance to use his play-making ability.

- Oregon had a hell of a season and played a hell of a game. 12-1 is nothing to shake your head at. Yes, it's disappointing to lose in the national championship, but I'm still proud of the team and how they never gave up. This will sting for awhile, but the program is in good hands with Chip Kelly.

- Looking forward to next season, if we can get past LSU in the opener, I think we can do pretty well. 11/12/11 will be the date to circle on the Pac-10 calendar when Oregon goes to Stanford. We close out against USC and Oregon State and potentially the Pac-12 championship game that could be at Autzen if we have the better record. Oregon could definitely make it back for the second straight year. It will take some continued tweaking of the offense, defense, but I think we can do it again.

Again, I'm proud of this Oregon squad and the way they never gave up on the game. It'll be tough to stomach, but I know it will be a cause of growth and learning for the returning players and coaches.

Sad that college football is over. There's nothing like it and I can't wait for the 2011 season. Go Ducks!

eek.gif
roll.gif

Dudes about to get picked off left and right. I KNEW someone was gonna get heated. Its like this for EVERY championship game
laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

Dudes about to get picked off left and right. I KNEW someone was gonna get heated. Its like this for EVERY championship game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom