Official BBQ thread

Honestly, the first thing you need to understand is how FIre works.

Remember, the more oxygen that gets to the flame the hotter the temperature.

I would also suggest getting a Digital thermometer. (At SOME point)

The best thing to practice with is Bone-In; Skin On; Chicken Thighs. Hard to mess up.

Start out on the direct side (Top OFF), get the amount of char you want on both side, then you move to the indirect side to cook. (Cover on, Oven)

If you want to add wood chips, you would do it AFTER charring the chicken and you keep your TOp Vents open 1/8th of the way.

I know, a lot of info but you will get better man.
I wood like to see your work. :nerd:

Would using dryer lint give off a smell/taste of detergent?
Naw it won't affect taste from the charcoal at all and it doesn't smell like anything really

Some ppl stuff it in a toilet paper/paper towel roll and light it up. Just another free an fast alternative if you don't have the cubes on hand

Finally got a pellet smoker!

Cuisinart Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker

20210826_203634.jpg
20210826_203651.jpg

$383 at my local Walmart on clearance. I am super excited to get this thing before summer ends so I can still have a big cook out!

Finally got a pellet smoker!

Cuisinart Clermont Pellet Grill & Smoker

20210826_203634.jpg
20210826_203651.jpg

$383 at my local Walmart on clearance. I am super excited to get this thing before summer ends so I can still have a big cook out!

Congrats.

Grab a smoke tube or box if the smoke flavor isn't up to par for you whenever you try it. Nice add for pellet grills

I need a real man in here to school me on grilling. What are some good grill brands and should I use charcoal or propane?

What's your budget and what type of BBQing are you wanting to do/what types of food do you want to cook on the grill?

Breaking out my Clermont this Friday, got 3 slabs of ribs, a brisket, a pork butt, jerk wings... gonna smoke some mac n cheese and some other stuff.

What's your budget and what type of BBQing are you wanting to do/what types of food do you want to cook on the grill?

Breaking out my Clermont this Friday, got 3 slabs of ribs, a brisket, a pork butt, jerk wings... gonna smoke some mac n cheese and some other stuff.

Seafood
Jerk chicken
Vegetables

What is a decent price for a good grill. I don't really have a budget but I'm not trying to get a gold plated grill either.

@kingkoopa

Stay away from Lighter Fluid.

Stay away from Charcoals that have lighter fluid on them ("Match Light" Style)

Use this to light your coals.

Ball up 2 sheets of NewsPaper and place them underneath the bottom ; place coals in chimney; Light paper; let the coals get hot. (Probably takes like 15-20 mins)

Kingsford Kingsford Heavy Duty Deluxe Charcoal Chimney Starter BBQ Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill and Barbecues, Compact Easy to Use Chimney Starters and BBQ Grill Tools in the Charcoal & Accessories department at Lowes.com https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kingsford-...dpTv4_EsGUqgkh0A8fEaAgBuEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#TeamChacoal

Info I gave Koopa earlier this summer.

You need to master fire control/manipulation first and foremost.

Other posts there as well.

Seafood
Jerk chicken
Vegetables

What is a decent price for a good grill. I don't really have a budget but I'm not trying to get a gold plated grill either.

I really all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want something that better for fast cooking then I would go for an infrared propane grill. Expect to spend at least $500 unless you go for a hybrid propane grill, which will only be partially infrared.

If you are cooking larger items and like the flavor of smoked foods then a suggest a pellet smoker, which will also start at about $500.

I really all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want something that better for fast cooking then I would go for an infrared propane grill. Expect to spend at least $500 unless you go for a hybrid propane grill, which will only be partially infrared.

If you are cooking larger items and like the flavor of smoked foods then a suggest a pellet smoker, which will also start at about $500.

A friend of mine recommended a Weber Grill

Just got a Weber for my mom and it's pretty dope. Honestly don't think anyone would need more than that unless they want bigger or are just into grills.

Yeah a Webber charcoal grill is as basic as it gets, if you want to spend the minimal amount on a decent grill then you can't really go wrong, but I personally couldn't go back to a charcoal grill.

Which model did you get?
The 22" Original Kettle Premium.

Just remember coals to one side, and most things cook on indirect heat over a long time, only quick things like maybe burgers go direct. And get a chimney starter, never lighter fluid.

Back
Top Bottom