Official BBQ thread

Catfish, Shrimp, Corn and Asparagus. Put the corn on the grates this time so DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican would know it’s grilled :lol:

A240C141-80A2-4E3D-8F58-D05C37115972.jpeg

9849B4D3-72AF-4E35-A8A7-D2721E22E608.jpeg

555A041A-63C5-4A0F-9FA6-478B75BFCA49.jpeg

Had to pick up a few things today and they had some clearance meat - nearly got steaks but one pack was torn so I got this topside roast instead - I think you call it the round in the US. It was supposed to be $26 but reduced to $6. Just threw it on the smoker with a salt and garlic rub. Smells delicious.

09937271-8968-48D3-B847-BAD42D41C954.jpeg

Pulled pork again today. Did 3 actually - dropped one off at my parents and another in the fridge for tomorrow. Got this spot on - good bark (forgot to take a picture) and didn’t even need the claws - it just crumbled in my hands.

ADF64AA1-3D01-44D5-9B95-348C36A8483B.jpeg

How do you guys usually grill wings? Like what kind of dry rub? Over direct heat the whole time?

How do you guys usually grill wings? Like what kind of dry rub? Over direct heat the whole time?
Trust source: He has many wing tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/howtobbqright/search?query=Wings

But, Salt/Pepper/Garlic Power (All-Purpose Seasoning honestly)

Pat dry FIRST, then add seasoning. Let sit, if you can.

Direct Heat to get external color you want, then move to indirect heat to cook with convection heat.

I like to throw some wood chips into my coals to get some SMOKES.

Put lid on, open bottom vents all the way, open top vents 1/8 th of the way and move it over top of the wings so the smoke can travel to be released.

Also, keep a pan of water to help promote moisture. Put that on the bottom grate next to coals.

If you use a Weber or Weber style grill, I highly recommend using a vortex for wings. You get that crispy grilled wing every time. Simply season with olive oil and your favorite rub, and place the wings in a circle around the vortex.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah I have a Weber Kettle and a Weber gas grill. I saw that vortex thing before. Might look into it

Think I'm gonna do some sweet Thai chili with this sweet heat crushed pepper flakes I have, some jerk, and some bbq

Just kinda depends on the mood I’m in. Could be salt, pepper, garlic and seasoned salt (cayenne pepper if I want a kick), or lemon pepper and garlic, or dales, worcestershire, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic and dill. I have different ways lol. I usually marinate them over night.

As far as the grilling process, I do 350 for about an hour on indirect, then move it over to the direct side for a little to crisp up the skin.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah I have a Weber Kettle and a Weber gas grill. I saw that vortex thing before. Might look into it

Think I'm gonna do some sweet Thai chili with this sweet heat crushed pepper flakes I have, some jerk, and some bbq
Start small. Pick a sauce, ride it out. You got all summer to try the others.

Remember to sauce at the END and then put the top back on for 8-10 mins ( SC kid SC kid )

Invest in a Silicone BAsting Brush to apply your sauces. $1 from Dollar Tree.

1588464108441.png

Back
Top Bottom