Official BBQ thread

Any good store bought ones? I still like the Caribbean jerk sauce from bww on some wings, but wanna try something new

Chicken thighs

D3867987-54D0-4AD4-84AB-8C163DFD0B59.jpeg

Lowe's has an "Easter" sale going on. You might want to see their Circular.

But keep posting, looking forward to the meals.

i need to go out and get some lump and get my egg going. This is like the only time in the past few years where i havent had 50-100lb on hand. :lol:

Just ready for some sauce.
D5258DCD-BD30-4705-98AB-59E9924F8CD7.jpeg

They’re not as dark as they look in the photo - a pretty good dark golden brown - a little darker on the bottom (they’re on their side there) because the fire wasn’t great to start so I cracked the lid and it shot up for 5 minutes.

They’re now in foil with sauce and butter and sugar.

I’m not Konnan!

Anyway, I just had a packet of Nando’s (local chain of chicken restaurants) BBQ rub - just a reasonable mix of spices with a little heat. Wrapped them in cling film in the fridge overnight.
Meant to cost them in mustard first but I forgot...

i dont think the mustard coat prior to rub makes a difference. IMO.

I always wondered about those barrel smokers, do the ribs ever get close to falling off the hook? I look my ribs very tender (overdone and falling apart), can you still smoke them to that extreme?

I like them like that so I'm seeing how tender they get. I'll tell you in a bit. I haven't had anything fall off yet - and I've tried some pretty heavy stuff hooked on.

Update, so they look amazing - bend test and they were cracking nicely. I wouldn't want to carry them on tongs like that but when they're hanging vertically it feels pretty solid - you could pull the bones apart if you wanted to but I don't think that there's enough weight to make them fall off.

Sauce on and should be ready in 30 minutes.

Beautiful. I just picked up some charcoal and ribs (and others) to throw on my egg over the next few days. You inspired me.

Back
Top Bottom