Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

damn..RIP to freddy sez.

I remember my first ever game i went to, me and my dad met him on the train. He had a sign that read something like " They're our yankees, and they're the very best! " with the green clover and of course the pan.

Freddy let us tag along /w him and we got to skip the big $#% line where you show em your ticket and then are hearded in the the building like farm animals. I also remember vividly getting a tour of monument park before the game and stepping on the grass (dont step on the grass) and security #+#%%%@ at me.

wow..R.I.P.
tired.gif

damn..RIP to freddy sez.

I remember my first ever game i went to, me and my dad met him on the train. He had a sign that read something like " They're our yankees, and they're the very best! " with the green clover and of course the pan.

Freddy let us tag along /w him and we got to skip the big $#% line where you show em your ticket and then are hearded in the the building like farm animals. I also remember vividly getting a tour of monument park before the game and stepping on the grass (dont step on the grass) and security #+#%%%@ at me.

wow..R.I.P.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Was just gonna post about Freddy Sez. It's gonna be weird going to games and not hearing that characteristic banging of that pan.

venom, where did you read about Girardi not wanting to re-up?

A source gave me the information, 3 people confirmed it to him, he then relayed to me.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Was just gonna post about Freddy Sez. It's gonna be weird going to games and not hearing that characteristic banging of that pan.

venom, where did you read about Girardi not wanting to re-up?

A source gave me the information, 3 people confirmed it to him, he then relayed to me.

- RIP Freddi...I've met him a couple times and was fortunate to bang the legendary pan in the old stadium. He really was a man of the people. I hope the Yankees hold a moment of silence.

- I agree Lee is beatable, but he is beatable 1 way. Yankees HAVE TO swing 1st and 2nd pitch. Lee throws strikes on a ridiculous basis, sitting there and waiting for Lee to walk you will result in an absurd amount of K's. Girardi needs to tell Marcus Thames, 1st pitch BOMBS AWAY and deposit a pelota in the left field bleachers.

- I'm certainly nervous about tomorrow, yes Pettitte is awesome but I think Pettitte is more "beatable" than Lee is. Hopefully the home atmosphere will be rocking. No suits and cell phones please.

- RIP Freddi...I've met him a couple times and was fortunate to bang the legendary pan in the old stadium. He really was a man of the people. I hope the Yankees hold a moment of silence.

- I agree Lee is beatable, but he is beatable 1 way. Yankees HAVE TO swing 1st and 2nd pitch. Lee throws strikes on a ridiculous basis, sitting there and waiting for Lee to walk you will result in an absurd amount of K's. Girardi needs to tell Marcus Thames, 1st pitch BOMBS AWAY and deposit a pelota in the left field bleachers.

- I'm certainly nervous about tomorrow, yes Pettitte is awesome but I think Pettitte is more "beatable" than Lee is. Hopefully the home atmosphere will be rocking. No suits and cell phones please.

R.I.P. Freddy

Hopefuly I can snag some tix for tonight or tomorrow. Our bats need to wake up. I think all those days off hurt us.

R.I.P. Freddy

Hopefuly I can snag some tix for tonight or tomorrow. Our bats need to wake up. I think all those days off hurt us.

How has the atmosphere been at The Stadium for the playoffs this year? I was at a party for the game against the twins so the sound wasnt on. But was it better than last year where it sounded like everyone was at church? I can just remember thinking last year how everyone was complaining about the suits and everything really ruining the atmosphere there.

How has the atmosphere been at The Stadium for the playoffs this year? I was at a party for the game against the twins so the sound wasnt on. But was it better than last year where it sounded like everyone was at church? I can just remember thinking last year how everyone was complaining about the suits and everything really ruining the atmosphere there.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Should be going to New York up 2-0 with Lee on the mound to all but ice this damn thing.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Straight dominated 17 innings worth of baseball.

Winning today is great, but not even that got the taste outta my mouth from yesterday.

laugh.gif
I couldn't help but laugh.

Anywho, you take that many pitches from a fly ball pitcher in Lewis who stays in the zone he's going to win.  Hughes is also a fly ball pitcher who stays in the zone and the Rangers were aggressive and look what that got them.

All in all happy to be back home 1-1 after a crummy weekend outside of 1 inning but nervous as $$#$ for Cliff Lee pitching tonight.  Jordan you better !+%*%$! eat shrimp today dude.

RIP to Freddy
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Should be going to New York up 2-0 with Lee on the mound to all but ice this damn thing.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Straight dominated 17 innings worth of baseball.

Winning today is great, but not even that got the taste outta my mouth from yesterday.

laugh.gif
I couldn't help but laugh.

Anywho, you take that many pitches from a fly ball pitcher in Lewis who stays in the zone he's going to win.  Hughes is also a fly ball pitcher who stays in the zone and the Rangers were aggressive and look what that got them.

All in all happy to be back home 1-1 after a crummy weekend outside of 1 inning but nervous as $$#$ for Cliff Lee pitching tonight.  Jordan you better !+%*%$! eat shrimp today dude.

RIP to Freddy
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I was at game 3 when the Yanks clinched vs the Twins. It really was a great atmosphere...lots of cheering and everyone was loud the whole game. A lot of people think YS isn't loud anymore but that's mainly bc of the way they built the stadium it doesn't really hold sound as well. But when everyone is on their feet cheering, yea the place gets deafening.

Back
Top Bottom