OFFICIAL: ALABAMA v. TEXAS BCS Natty Title Game

He had a stinger, Anybody who's played serious football before knows you cant throw a football if you cant feel your damn arm.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

some of yall are straight idiots...damn injuries are part of the game so giving alabama an * because colt got knocked out for the rest of the gameis stupid...some of yall just to damn salty but really gilbert showed to be a better qb as the game went on and i see a bright future for him, and they willpre season favorites to win the big 12 and possibly go back to the bcs championship.

I think to give AL a * is easily one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. They beat the football team from Texas point blank.

If Colt couldnt throw the ball, he can't play that simple. You can't question that.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by RoOk

Next NCAA Star
pimp.gif

Only team standing in our way of a Rose Bowl next year is OSU

I love UofM as much as the next Michigan native, but you're wildin' with that one.
laugh.gif

Yeah, been a Wolverines fan for the longest, but c'mon now.

I know it's past and everything but I truly feel like it's lies about him being truly hurt, I honestly feel like his dad told him not to play and wellI know you can't believe every single thing the media throws out. I don't know it's like an athletes mentality I guess......I think he could haveplayed and dad told him not to jeopardize his NFL career thats my opinions. Well on to the next season.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

They live in Alabama, though.
and proud of it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hell Yea

B'Ham Westside
pimp.gif

I knew all the Alabama Heads would be in here
laugh.gif
Am I the only person who lives in AL on NT who doesn't like the Tide?

Well I was born and raised there but am at college right now (UF) and I could never stand those clowns from T-Town. All my family is Tide fans so I just turnedmy phone off after last nights events
smh.gif

Originally Posted by royster

I know it's past and everything but I truly feel like it's lies about him being truly hurt, I honestly feel like his dad told him not to play and well I know you can't believe every single thing the media throws out. I don't know it's like an athletes mentality I guess......I think he could have played and dad told him not to jeopardize his NFL career thats my opinions. Well on to the next season.
Okay now im tired of hearing this on and on again.. Why in the world would he come back from last years loss to Texas Tech, Not enter the Draft,Spend another year in College earning 0 Money, Play the entire season, enter the National championship game and Fake An Injury... Seriously, stop sitting hereacting like you were in the man's shoes.. You all saw the pain in his eyes at the end of the game.. He'd work all this way and see it slip in the helmsof a freshmen to win him the National Championship.. What sense does that make.. All of the sudden 4 years of hard work didn't matter, and in his biggestgame of his college football career, all of the sudden he's going to focus on going to the NFL.. If that were the case, he would of left Last year.

What is he jeopardizing by Coming back into the game after taking a shot into his shoulder? Didn't he already jeopardize himself by sitting out the entiregame.. So think before you actually say something like "he didn't want to play," thats freaking ******ed..

I know it's past and everything but I truly feel like it's lies about him being truly hurt, I honestly feel like his dad told him not to play and well I know you can't believe every single thing the media throws out. I don't know it's like an athletes mentality I guess......I think he could have played and dad told him not to jeopardize his NFL career thats my opinions. Well on to the next season.
You didnt think about what you typed before you typed it, did you?

Think over the situation again and let us know what you come up with.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

smh at anyone questioning Colt..

Colt McCoy lined up about 7 yards from his dad, Brad. This was inside the Texas locker room underneath the Rose Bowl bleachers, the Longhorns quarterback missing the biggest game of his career, about to attempt the most important throw of his life.

Colt had the ball and was going to pass it to his dad as a slew of doctors and trainers watched closely. How many times had these two thrown a football back and forth, from their yard in little Tuscola, Texas, to the practice fields of Jim Ned High School, where the dad was the coach and the son was the star?

"Millions," Colt said. "Millions of times."
Colt had just lied to the Texas doctors and said that he was capable of returning to the BCS title game against Alabama. A hit by the Tide's Marcell Dareus, on the fifth play of the game, had sent him to this locker room. He wanted back out there. So he tried to sound convincing despite the fact his arm felt "like a noodle."

He hadn't come this far to sit. Colt McCoy was going to lead Texas to the championship. He believed this. He'd always believed this. When he went down, he said, "We were about to dominate." They weren't going to lose, not where the Longhorns had last won a championship in 2005, not against a team against whom they'd never lost, certainly not 37-21, as the scoreboard would show after 60 minutes.

Yet on the TV in the corner, he had seen it all fade away in his absence. Alabama was rolling; Texas' early lead was long gone.

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, "It's just a simple throw." He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. "Give it to me again," Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. "Give it to me again," Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn't throw it 7 yards to his own father. "My arm was dead," he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

Because that is my opinion lol dang and yes I do think his father told him not to play. I don't know I just expected for of a TEAM LEADER than to juststand on the sidelines minding his own business....

Basically it's easy to say why he would sit out the game in order to save himself from the NFL considering he has NEVER been in a situatiion like thisbefore ya'll dummies....ya'll make it seem like he was hurt before and still played or something. I'm saying he could have played and his dad feltotherwise point blank can ya'll not contemplate that or what. Just like ya'll feel he was seriously hurt to where he could not play. I believeotherwise. Case closed.

Because that is my opinion lol dang and yes I do think his father told him not to play. I don't know I just expected for of a TEAM LEADER than to just stand on the sidelines minding his own business....

Basically it's easy to say why he would sit out the game in order to save himself from the NFL considering he has NEVER been in a situatiion like this before ya'll dummies....ya'll make it seem like he was hurt before and still played or something. I'm saying he could have played and his dad felt otherwise point blank can ya'll not contemplate that or what. Just like ya'll feel he was seriously hurt to where he could not play. I believe otherwise. Case closed.

if Colt could of played, he would of been out there...end of it.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

They live in Alabama, though.
and proud of it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hell Yea

B'Ham Westside
pimp.gif

I knew all the Alabama Heads would be in here
laugh.gif
Am I the only person who lives in AL on NT who doesn't like the Tide?

*raises hand*

I live here simply because I met my wife here (she's from Jersey, go figure). I have a grip of family here and that's initially why I came down hereto visit for awhile and b/c I needed a change of pace after college. Long story short, I'm now here.

Don't get me wrong--AL isn't the worst place I've lived by far. And my family is cool. But I can't stand the Bama fans. The importance theyplace on Alabama football is absolutely amazing and kind of disgusting. I had one family member write on their Facebook status that this is up there withfamily weddings and childbirths.
laugh.gif
REALLY?!!!!

I know not every Bama fan is that ridiculous, but that's what I'm faced with at work and from a good bit of my family here. A co-worker of mine toldme he hated using certain folders at work because the shade of orange reminded him of Tennessee. Like yo, seriously? It's THAT deep?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because that is my opinion lol dang and yes I do think his father told him not to play. I don't know I just expected for of a TEAM LEADER than to just stand on the sidelines minding his own business....

Basically it's easy to say why he would sit out the game in order to save himself from the NFL considering he has NEVER been in a situatiion like this before ya'll dummies....ya'll make it seem like he was hurt before and still played or something. I'm saying he could have played and his dad felt otherwise point blank can ya'll not contemplate that or what. Just like ya'll feel he was seriously hurt to where he could not play. I believe otherwise. Case closed.
You really think a father would tell his son to NOT play in the biggest game of his life? The same game hes been looking forward to and dreamingof since he was a young child? So his father told him to not go back on the field after seeing his son in tears and knowing that not being on the field isbreaking his soul?

This has nothing to do with us being in a situation like this before. Any father would do whatever it takes to make their son happy. If playing is what Coltwanted to do, then his dad would hand him his helmet if he could.

You tell us its easy to say things when we havent been in the situation before, yet you say he wasnt seriously hurt? Have you had the same injury Colt has?

Originally Posted by Durden7

You really think a father would tell his son to NOT play in the biggest game of his life? The same game hes been looking forward to and dreaming of since he was a young child? So his father told him to not go back on the field after seeing his son in tears and knowing that not being on the field is breaking his soul?

This has nothing to do with us being in a situation like this before. Any father would do whatever it takes to make their son happy. If playing is what Colt wanted to do, then his dad would hand him his helmet if he could.

You tell us its easy to say things when we havent been in the situation before, yet you say he wasnt seriously hurt? Have you had the same injury Colt has?

Agree with Durden

Sickens me to hear all the people here in Austin dumping on Colt. I can't believe these knuckleheads are calling last night a "stunt" by Colt,trashing him in the newspaper, etc. Nobody was complaining when he was busy winning games to get us to last night ...

Back
Top Bottom