Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

Looking like my very first pair of 1's and I been collecting for a little over ten years... Just never got with the 1's, but I like these, never had OGs so I cant complain about the jumpman 
nthat.gif

Man I remember when people wanted anything with a JumpMan on it, now everybody wants what they think makes them sound true to shoes but, I'll take my J's JumpManed out.

And for the cat bragging about some 1994 retro's please, stop sounding lame. Even, Og's suck in a lot of ways and I have enough to know. First of all they are hard core BBall shoes whereas retros do better casually(fit,design,profile). Secondly, an 18 year old shoe is just that and the problem that may occur are not worth bragging about. And lastly all retros are not POS, Jordan brand has done well to me in term of certain aspects, the main one being allowing us to repurchase them.

stopped reading after this.

take the 4s for example. the 99 retros are alot more comfortable and look alot better than every retro of it since then. this colorway looks cheap with jumpmen all over the shoe. and the leather of these will NEVER be as soft and as good of a quality as the 1994 retros. if you think so then youre cheating yourself.

As for the guy saying OG's suck in a lot of ways, I think he's talking as of now, and def not back in the day. If so I can somewhat agree. I've owned OG 11, 12, 13, 14, & first retro 94 1's. They aren't comfortable cuz the cushion & sole turns stiff due to time. As for the 94 1's the ankle isn't comfortable to most ppl I knw who own them, including myself. I wouldn't be willing to spend the type of money they're asking nowadays in a ridiculous market for '95 Chicago's, and not feel absolute comfort.

I've seen these, the price is great, the leather is nice, and I think its a good shoe. Easily a great substitute for the those who want or wanted 85 & 95 shoe.

Last edited:
As for the guy saying OG's suck in a lot of ways, I think he's talking as of now, and def not back in the day. If so I can somewhat agree. I've owned OG 11, 12, 13, 14, & first retro 94 1's. They aren't comfortable cuz the cushion & sole turns stiff due to time. As for the 94 1's the ankle isn't comfortable to most ppl I knw who own them, including myself. I wouldn't be willing to spend the type of money they're asking nowadays in a ridiculous market for '95 Chicago's, and not feel absolute comfort.
I've seen these, the price is great, the leather is nice, and I think its a good shoe. Easily a great substitute for the those who want or wanted 85 & 95 shoe.

Repped. I've seen kids today glorifying OGs and Nike Air, yet they weren't around to experience them nor understand that Jordan is now its own brand and subsidiary to Nike. OGs may have quality materials such as real leather, but quality certainly doesn't correlate to actual comfort.

To anyone who has OGs big ups to you, but don't be all salty and degrade a newer retros. I've done my part, like complaining on the leather > nylon tongues, but I've ate my cow and accepted it and will hopefully cop. I rather pay $110 than possibly >$300 for OGs. It's not like somebody will come up to your shoes and inspect for nike air logos, or walk around telling people 'hey look, these is nike airs!' It's no biggie guys.

To anyone who has OGs big ups to you, but don't be all salty and degrade a newer retros. I've done my part, like complaining on the leather > nylon tongues, but I've ate my cow and accepted it and will hopefully cop. I rather pay $110 than possibly >$300 for OGs. It's not like somebody will come up to your shoes and inspect for nike air logos, or walk around telling people 'hey look, these is nike airs!' It's no biggie guys.

Yes it is a biggie. The OG's can barely be worn anymore. I want a version that is true to the original form like when I first bought them. JB/Nike is a billion dollar company and you kids accept any kind of trash that they put out. Just goes to show you that most people will accept anything instead of making a stand to force a change. Trust me, JB can afford to give us good stuff again, but they won't bcuz stupid people gobble up plastic looking versions now; and don't tell me that they can't get it right because they did with the Banned 1's.

Last edited:
Been collecting for years and have never had the chance to get these.  Even with the leather tongue and lack of Nike Air, I will DEFINITELY be pickin these up next weekend.  You never know, they may never come out again

Been collecting for years and have never had the chance to get these.  Even with the leather tongue and lack of Nike Air, I will DEFINITELY be pickin these up next weekend.  You never know, they may never come out again
If they continue to butcher them they might as well not come out, IMO.

Yes it is a biggie. The OG's can barely be worn anymore. I want a version that is true to the original form like when I first bought them. JB/Nike is a billion dollar company and you kids accept any kind of trash that they put out. Just goes to show you that most people will accept anything instead of making a stand to force a change. Trust me, JB can afford to give us good stuff again, but they won't bcuz stupid people gobble up plastic looking versions now; and don't tell me that they can't get it right because they did with the Banned 1's.

I agree older models aren't wearable and us longtime buyers want shoes in the original form.

As for these kids you talk about. They haven't even witnessed Jordan play, or weren't even born, and dont give a damn about Nike Air. Those kids, make up majority of JB's market. They will sale regardless because those are who they cater to. Not the long time buyers, or enthusiast. So enough with that change BS, JB been heard that broken record, and basically tossed up the middle fingers with the continued cheap quality, and cut backs year after year. And will continued to throw BS out there that will sell out.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge in Jordan's. Yes JB can afford to give us high quality stuff, and if thats what you want, then your buying from the wrong brand. At the end of the day their all about the $, lk any business. When they begin to fall off, they may give in. But until then you know those days are long gone. They may occasionally throw a bone, lk the Banneds, buts that's ever blue moon. By even ****ing with JB up to this point, you outta be open minded to the bull**** they pull. You could be lk most old heads and stop effing w em altogether.

And if you wanna continue to stand up and raise awareness of Nike Air, why are you limiting yourself to the 1's. The 3's, 4's' 5's, & 6's had Nike Air too. And I'm sure your closet has Jumpmans on those models.

EDIT: Hope you enjoyed you Black Cement 4's with the Jumpmans and non-durabuck. That's not like the OG's last time I'm checked, or is it only different with the 1's?

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the 1's so if i have some spare income laying around when these come out im copping.

I saw Jordan play in person and own OG's. I like my retros more because of comfort and sleekness. The shoes of today are 100 times better for casual wear and those OG's will crumble and come apart quickly especially the deadstock pairs, the restorable beaters are better. I know a cat with a very nice selection of OG's that I bought a few pair from to help him and they don't wear well they are boot like, fat, don't drape well with pants. Give me the retros, just my opinions. Check these out:
[table][tr][td] [/td][td]
nike air jordan 1 retro 1994  
[table][tr][td] [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td]
nike air jordan 1 retro white/black-varsity red

$399.00
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td]
nike air jordan 2 retro white-red-black 1995
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][td]
nike air jordan 2 retro white/varsity red-black
[/td][/tr][/table]
 And if anybody remembers how boot like the OG 3 was the retros are a great evolution of the shoe.

I'm not gonna lie guys, older models Nike used to make had supreme quality. I recently picked up some air delta force high from 88 and boy lemme tell u, they are my absolute favorite out of my whole collection cause they are still wearable and the leather was excellent. And those banned 1's are how all leather based Nike shoes are supposed to look. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! But all in all, I will be doubling up on this release. To me, you can't be considered a true "sneakerhead" without these in your collection. Just facts.

I saw Jordan play in person and own OG's. I like my retros more because of comfort and sleekness. The shoes of today are 100 times better for casual wear and those OG's will crumble and come apart quickly especially the deadstock pairs, the restorable beaters are better. I know a cat with a very nice selection of OG's that I bought a few pair from to help him and they don't wear well they are boot like, fat, don't drape well with pants. Give me the retros, just my opinions. Check these out:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
nike air jordan 1 retro 1994 

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
nike air jordan 1 retro white/black-varsity red
$399.00

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
nike air jordan 2 retro white-red-black 1995

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]
nike air jordan 2 retro white/varsity red-black
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 And if anybody remembers how boot like the OG 3 was the retros are a great evolution of the shoe.

I saw Jordan play too as a rookie in the old Chicago Stadium. You have very good points. The problem I have with newer retros is more of the fake shiny leather they are using. Some shape on certain models is really off, but for the most part the fake leather and chipping paint and the soles that yellow much quicker than in the past, those things are more of a problem with me. Also, I have no problem with them using the Jumpman on newer colorways, but I feel they should stick with the original form for the OG colorways. I don't want a Jumpman on the back of my white/red/black 1's. That's just my feeling on it.

Last edited:

I don't see how these retros are trash. It's not like they fall apart upon first wear. Dudes need to understand that Jb is a subsidiary, they're gonna promote their brand now. It is his shoe after all. If you want a version strictly like the OGs, then buy the OGs. They'll be a great item in the collection it just can't be wearable ahaha. You can't be calling people stupid if people actually want the shoe, unless they're resellers then yea they're stupid. At the end of the day, it's all buy what you like.

I agree older models aren't wearable and us longtime buyers want shoes in the original form.
As for these kids you talk about. They haven't even witnessed Jordan play, or weren't even born, and dont give a damn about Nike Air. Those kids, make up majority of JB's market. They will sale regardless because those are who they cater to. Not the long time buyers, or enthusiast. So enough with that change BS, JB been heard that broken record, and basically tossed up the middle fingers with the continued cheap quality, and cut backs year after year. And will continued to throw BS out there that will sell out.
You seem to have a lot of knowledge in Jordan's. Yes JB can afford to give us high quality stuff, and if thats what you want, then your buying from the wrong brand. At the end of the day their all about the $, lk any business. When they begin to fall off, they may give in. But until then you know those days are long gone. They may occasionally throw a bone, lk the Banneds, buts that's ever blue moon. By even ****ing with JB up to this point, you outta be open minded to the bull**** they pull. You could be lk most old heads and stop effing w em altogether.
And if you wanna continue to stand up and raise awareness of Nike Air, why are you limiting yourself to the 1's. The 3's, 4's' 5's, & 6's had Nike Air too. And I'm sure your closet has Jumpmans on those models.
EDIT: Hope you enjoyed you Black Cement 4's with the Jumpmans and non-durabuck. That's not like the OG's last time I'm checked, or is it only different with the 1's?

@Spoonmanofthehour, I knw you seen this. No response?

Last edited:
@Spoonmanofthehour, I knw you seen this. No response?

All I can say to this is I know that JB caters to the young ones. They don't care about people like me who helped build their brand from the beginning. The bottomline is I don't really care bcuz I don't buy into their games and trash releases. I am very selective. Do u think I picked up Black Cement 3's with their fake shiny leather and the cheap rand material that went around that shoe? Absolutely not. I pass on most of my favorites bcuz they butcher them. However, I do buy what I think they put more effort into like the Black/Shadow Grey 1's, Banned 1's, and Vegas 1's. Take any 3 of the shoes I just mentioned and compare them to this new release on the 5th. I guarantee you that you'll see the difference. If not, u have blinders on. So, that being said, I walk the walk and talk the talk. I pass on more stuff that I love bcuz JB is not doing them justice. I can't do it. Opening a Jordan box in the past was like opening the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. Now, because of what they put out, that briefcase is dark as hell. I have to say, they do throw us a bone every once in awhile, but for the most part, they love feeding the beasts with garbage.

I saw Jordan play too as a rookie in the old Chicago Stadium. You have very good points. The problem I have with newer retros is more of the fake shiny leather they are using. Some shape on certain models is really off, but for the most part the fake leather and chipping paint and the soles that yellow much quicker than in the past, those things are more of a problem with me. Also, I have no problem with them using the Jumpman on newer colorways, but I feel they should stick with the original form for the OG colorways. I don't want a Jumpman on the back of my white/red/black 1's. That's just my feeling on it.
I agree about the quality issues, the Playoff 12 was almost plastic, but I like where they are going, its coming back. Some of these retros have been of great quality and to be honest i don't remember people examining shoes the way they do now. Just follow me on this one: we tested our shoes by using them for what they were made for, now judge the the retros for what they are made for. 

Back
Top Bottom