Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Mine came in today, no creasing until I took the insets out, then it was like the shoe folded in on itself. These are really bad, worst retro in a few years. It's a shame too, I was super siked. I will happily be returning my pairs. I think it's about time we start a petition and cite this release as an example. This leather is really really bad

Do you guys remember when the Oly 6's from Soleheaven had that "Fed-ex glitch"? I think it's happening again.
Don't think you guys should freak out because it hasn't changed your expected delivery day.

No customs is actually holding my other pair. I had to fill out some stupid form and all. My other pair actually ended up coming in TODAY, and it looks like s*#t, after all this I hope my other ones look good so I can send these back.

I know that, mine will be here tomorrow.  Buddie up there said his wont arrive until next week tuesday..  Thats what i was wondering
Well that member lives in California; i can't even imagine how long it would take to ship to Hawaii or Alaska.
glasses.gif

It's usually not too bad, but we have to pay more.

My pair from Nike is horrible and I am sending it back. I ordered a pair from Sneaker Post. If THAT one is bad I give up on this particular release. 

No customs is actually holding my other pair. I had to fill out some stupid form and all. My other pair actually ended up coming in TODAY, and it looks like s*#t, after all this I hope my other ones look good so I can send these back.

Crap. Did you have to pay anything?

I'm still baffled by the fact that these shoes are creased before they're even worn.  Crossing my fingers, hoping that my pair arrives with minimal creasing.  I can deal with the one's on the sides, but the toebox creases, not so much.

oh hell no that is horrible
Yup saw that on nike twitter.  They getting tore up hard, from customers.  Mad returns.  Im waiting on my pair to come tomorrow from them, my sh** better not look like that.

Their available like forces.  

@nikestore  did you guys make more jordan 4s than most retro releases ? how ARENT they instantly gone ?

Expand
52m NikeStore.com  ‏@nikestore

@Cereal4Dinner_  Yes, more are made and sold.

Last edited:
I've skimmed through the pages of this thread, and the general consensus seems to be that the leather on these retros are softer than expected.  To some, that seems to be a good thing.  To others, yet another indicator of lackluster quality.  Well, JB quality for the past how many years or so aren't necessarily famous for using the best materials in their retro line up, but it would seem that some people have forgotten that leather is a material that naturally creases with use.  Decent quality leather is supposed to be soft.  I'd rather have these shoes be the way they are instead of having them be made out of a stiffer material that doesn't crease as much.  

I just hope the paint job on are far superior.  The paint job on the 2006 Retros was simply unacceptable.  I can deal with creases being on my shoes, but the moment I have to go out of my way to remedy something that shouldn't even occur with regular wear (paint cracking), that's when I get peeved.

I think credit should be given where credit is due, the shape is definitely closer to the originals than any previous retro of the 4 (except 1999 of course).

Yup saw that on nike twitter.  They getting tore up hard, from customers.  Mad returns.  Im waiting on my pair to come tomorrow from them, my sh** better not look like that.

Their available like forces.  

@nikestore did you guys make more jordan 4s than most retro releases ? how ARENT they instantly gone ?
Expand

52m

NikeStore.com ‏@nikestore

@Cereal4Dinner_ Yes, more are made and sold.
Nice, looks like the BRed IVs will have a high supply....
.......but a much higher demand!

They deserve the heat they are getting for making a shoe with more defective pairs than not defective ones. If they had any quality control they couldve caught it way early. Maybe this will be a lesson to them to give us at least military iv quality (and that is not asking for much at all)

Nice, looks like the BRed IVs will have a high supply....
.......but a much higher demand!
They deserve the heat they are getting for making a shoe with more defective pairs than not defective ones. If they had any quality control they couldve caught it way early. Maybe this will be a lesson to them to give us at least military iv quality (and that is not asking for much at all)
agreed, i would love to know how many pairs have been returned already
wink.gif

Nike dnt care they release **** and expect people to just take it. Id much rather have higher quality with less pairs made.

NDC playing games man.

I got my shipping confirmation last night on my way to the club at 11:48am and got them today i guess they changed my two day shipping to 1 day. But had they shipped monday i would have gotten them Tuesday -- If i would have picked free shipping and they shipped on monday i would have gotten them today anyway so i paid for 2 day shipping for NO REASON.

1 Pair came correct the other one looked like they tried them on and played some 1 on 1 at the factory then put them back in the box and shipped em to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom