Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Nice, looks like the BRed IVs will have a high supply....
.......but a much higher demand!
They deserve the heat they are getting for making a shoe with more defective pairs than not defective ones. If they had any quality control they couldve caught it way early. Maybe this will be a lesson to them to give us at least military iv quality (and that is not asking for much at all)
Agreed, i would love to know how many were returned 
wink.gif

Them dont look fine they look like they bout to do a back flip....those lebrons are clean and quality looking...ahouldve copped those

1 Pair came correct the other one looked like they tried them on and played some 1 on 1 at the factory then put them back in the box and shipped em to me.
lmfao , yours look fine though

Them dont look fine they look like they bout to do a back flip....those lebrons are clean and quality looking...ahouldve copped those

Those pics don't show it -- They have creases all over the toe box --- ill try and take some better close up pictures together -- I also switched shoes from 1 box to the other so i got 1 good pair might send the other pair back tho and i uploaded the lebron pics to this thread by mistake but they are on point -- perfect no glue stains or creases what so ever.....JB quality is just crap for some reason

Last edited:
I regret not getting the Fireberry Lebrons too. You could no doubt get these at close to retail in a few months. Ohh well if online retailers still have a full size run on the Lebrons, they should be an easy pickup later

I've skimmed through the pages of this thread, and the general consensus seems to be that the leather on these retros are softer than expected.  To some, that seems to be a good thing.  To others, yet another indicator of lackluster quality.  Well, JB quality for the past how many years or so aren't necessarily famous for using the best materials in their retro line up, but it would seem that some people have forgotten that leather is a material that naturally creases with use. Decent quality leather is supposed to be soft.  I'd rather have these shoes be the way they are instead of having them be made out of a stiffer material that doesn't crease as much.  

I just hope the paint job on are far superior.  The paint job on the 2006 Retros was simply unacceptable.  I can deal with creases being on my shoes, but the moment I have to go out of my way to remedy something that shouldn't even occur with regular wear (paint cracking), that's when I get peeved.

I think credit should be given where credit is due, the shape is definitely closer to the originals than any previous retro of the 4 (except 1999 of course).

I agree that leather would crease with use, NOT out of the box though. I also like soft leather like you (MS6, Banned 1's) but not like this where it creases so easily. Plus this type of leather is so pliable that you see some pairs that have bulging not just creasing. I personally had to go through 3 pairs at the store to get a decent one. Like I said in my earlier post, we're going to see a lot of horror stories of botched pairs as soon as online pairs start coming in.

Credit should only be given when it is due!

I regret not getting the Fireberry Lebrons too. You could no doubt get these at close to retail in a few months. Ohh well if online retailers still have a full size run on the Lebrons, they should be an easy pickup later

NDC still has most sizes left of the lebrons.....As for the 4s i dont think these will be coming out again -- Nike and other retailers wont resell the returns because of quality they will end up at the outlets. Some of the the shoes just look :x and I really dont know how they passed quality control :smh:

Last edited:
NDC still has most sizes left of the lebrons.....As for the 4s i dont think these will be coming out again -- Nike and other retailers wont resell the returns because of quality they will end up at the outlets. Some of the the shoes just look
sick.gif
and I really dont know how they passed quality control
mean.gif
yup

^I could forgive minor precreases on the side, but mine got a creased toebox from wearing them for 30 feet, was prestained, like someone wiped their *** with the leather and the midsole came with dents and scratches. The first thing I did out the box was clean the shoe. I wish I had took pictures of the stains that it came with. And after looking at this thread, I realize I had one of the better pairs :smh:

I still havent returned mine yet on the false hope that I can find a better pair to exchange for, as these kicks are in my top 10. 2018 is a long ways away.......

Last edited:
^I could forgive minor precreases on the side, but mine got a creased toebox from wearing them for 30 feet, was prestained, like someone wiped their *** with the leather and the midsole came with dents and scratches. The first thing I did out the box was clean the shoe. I wish I had took pictures of the stains that it came with. And after looking at this thread, I realize I had one of the better pairs :smh:

I still havent returned mine yet on the false hope that I can find a better pair to exchange for, as these kicks are in my top 10. 2018 is a long ways away.......

Mine didnt have no dirt stains but the glue stains and creases are crazy on mine like wtf straight mad glue all around the mid-sole i needa take pics of this -- imma do that later

After wearing these today.. the tongue feels way higher and bigger than on the mars ones. Is it just me or do they have a bigger tongue?

WOW all i am hearing and seeing is that these turned out really horrible, size tag up too high WTF is that?
Anybody else have this problem?
I got this problem and it bothers me a bit because i personally have somewhat small ankles so you can see it at times.

I feel like these are fakes, like they should be promoted in one of those banners on worldstarhiphop for 89.99

yeah this is really sad they can't even position the size tag right.

What is next? the fakes are going to be better quality than the real thing?

anyways

You should just return your pair and get another pair if possible.

Last edited:
I agree that leather would crease with use, NOT out of the box though. I also like soft leather like you (MS6, Banned 1's) but not like this where it creases so easily. Plus this type of leather is so pliable that you see some pairs that have bulging not just creasing. I personally had to go through 3 pairs at the store to get a decent one. Like I said in my earlier post, we're going to see a lot of horror stories of botched pairs as soon as online pairs start coming in.
Credit should only be given when it is due!
My pair from CT should be arriving by Friday at the latest I hope.  I have to admit it is quite alarming that there is quite the amount of unhappy consumers of this particular product.  Hopefully my pair comes out alright... The leather may crease easily, but is it at least thick?  Hard to tell from some of the pictures posted.  

I don't understand why JB couldn't just do a decent job like the recent Military Blue retros.  At least there weren't very many, if any, stories of stains for that release.  I'd still take this over the Mars 4s though just for the shape and the absence of that ridiculous caricature of Mars Blackmon.  Not like the leather on those is significantly superior anyway.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom