Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
does the red on the wings look slightly darker than the red on the midsole or is it just the difference in materials?

I dont understand why people do all this talk about quality and creasing. When they came out in 88 they creased if you wore them so what is the big deal now. I think one person complains then everybody catches on and does the same. Quality might not be the same but you have to relize the shoe came out in 88 so its not gonna be exactely the same so much has happened with shoes from then to now. one person complains about quality then everybody does. It could be nothing wrong with the shoe at all but somebody will find a reason..wheres the people complaining about the quality of lebrons or kds..u never here that because nobody has set that mark of keep complaining so others follow and do it jus cause. Some of you guys are young and never had a pair of shoes in the 90s or early 2000 to even know or see the differnece but you go and buy htem and complain. Heres a hint..the stores get the shoes sometimes a 1-2 weeks before they release...go and ask to see them and they will show you then you will know..this creases thing is way outta control if it didnt crease then you would say the leather is too tuff or something..go put some cement on ya feet and you will never have to worry bout creases again!!
REAL TALK

Just swung by FNL before the mall closed for the hell of it. They still had stock.

Cancelling my online FNL pair. SH already dispatched my other pair so it's too late to cancel that one. My boy can wait that pair out since I did all the work. :lol:

Talk about a hassle free release. I don't regret the precaution I took with SH, few bucks more to guarantee a pair. No biggie.

Gonna co-sign the comments on Hughes' pics up there. Pretty dope.

Going to be a weird feeling taking some time off of JB, but the Marino speed Turfs will hold me over til November.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be restock next week at FNL, so I can use the $20 off discount, and get em below retail.

Its the SAME shoe they released it 3 times already within this year this is the 4th time its just a different color most people are tired of it. So thats why you see some many people posting they pass and that is why it is a FLOP

By this way of thinking your saying that the Bred IV release will be an even bigger flop since that will be the 5th IV release this year. But at least your wanting that pair. Cause no one else is looking forward to that release at all

I go to the mall. get my pair from HOH. go home... opened the box and they were so beat
sick.gif
mean.gif

rushed back to the mall and returned them. Went to Footaction and looked at two pairs. those were beat also... creases all over the shoe.

Ive never been one to bash the quality of JB because I hadn't experienced it, but these were made so poorly.
indifferent.gif

Copped the LeBrons instead.
ohwell.gif

Passed on my RSVP earlier. Somehow at the mall right now cuz my girl wanted to go. Gonna pass by HOH, Footaction, Finishline, and Shoe palace. IF I find a really clean pair, then maybe ill pick up a pair. We shall see

Nice to see most people got their pairs.

I'm passing on these though. These are the only pair of IVs this year that I don't want. However, I have to admit that some of the pics in this thread make them look nice.

Good work...Nostradamus...
I was in Brooklyn last week and EVERY store had Olympic 6s and 7s...did those flop?
Just because a shoe doesn't sell out in New York city or sell 100% nationwide in a matter of hours...that makes it a flop?
This community prides itself on being the leader in sneaker knowledge on the Internet...yet, knuckleheads continue to make ignorant statements such as this...makes the entire community seem of lesser importance when statements like this are not commended as ridiculous...
Flop? Really? Get outta here...
There is not a shoe in this industry that will sell as many units in this entire month as this one shoe will sell in a matter of hours this morning...
JM
It is a FLOP they still got some sizes up at footlocker site.

and i bet you they gonna have a "magical" restock
CowColor is on that Skip Bayless steez 
laugh.gif

The Concords flopped as well according to your logic.

This might be a troll question...but you think anybody would possibly want to trade these for the bred 4s coming out in november?

I had finally decided I wasn't gonna get these...but then I finally fell into the hype and at like 10:30 I was able to stroll through eastbay website and cop with no problem. Now I'm kinda regretting it...gotta stay stronger next time.

Okay, lets say I am wrong about everything else. These are the worst release quality wise a year. Bash the WC IV leather all you want. It looks great and last long. For this release, if you have anything positive to say about the leather other than how soft it is, I can't even take you seriously.

06 Mars > 2012 Fire Reds

CowColoris on that Skip Bayless steez :lol:

Concords went fast and will always sell out at retail.

sites crashing all that.

did these go fast? nah they still had pairs so i went and called my local FTL a few hours ago and they said they still had many pairs left.

sites didn't even crash for these only FNL and most people know the deal with FNL.

and don't tell me that they didn't have more concords JB knows that they will always sell from past release and its during the holiday season.

Last edited:
should of never looked at futures pictures now i kind of regret passing  just a little bit haha but nah i'm good with my 06's but still them pics made them look super clean nice pics bruh

should of never looked at futures pictures now i kind of regret passing  just a little bit haha but nah i'm good with my 06's but still them pics made them look super clean nice pics bruh

You should probably call your local store they might still have pairs.

CowColoris on that Skip Bayless steez 
laugh.gif

Concords went fast and will always sell out at retail.

sites crashing all that.

did these go fast? nah they still had pairs so i went and called my local FTL a few hours ago and they said they still had many pairs left.

sites didn't even crash for these only FNL and most people know the deal with FNL.

and don't tell me that they didn't have more concords JB knows that they will always sell from past release and its during the holiday season.
You do realize that this Fire Red release is how most Jordan releases were pre-2011 right? Most of the time being more peaceful and no one camping. A good amount retros were readily available weeks and months after release.

JB didn't flop, or else they would be under right now.

Last edited:
got my pair and a pair for my nephew. gonna keep it on ice for a while then break it out in a few months .

im happy with them. minus the pairs that came creased the quality feels and looks same as the cements .

i never had the mars so i cant compare but im satisfied with these.

to each their own opinion though.

You should probably call your local store they might still have pairs.
yeah  there is still a few spots that i can grab em from but i told myself i'm passing cause my 06's where still pretty clean i just liked these a little more cause no mars logo..i'm just gonna try and stick to my guns and pass ill use this 168 towards picking up them dolphin/black &white speed turfs on the 18th 

Don't get how ppl. are calling this release a "flop" cause it was easy for everybody to get a pair or two. Shouldn't we be happy that it was a stress free release like how it was before

Don't get how ppl. are calling this release a "flop" cause it was easy for everybody to get a pair or two. Shouldn't we be happy that it was a stress free release like how it was before
Bingo!

This.

Some people just gotta knit pick on something.

I love my IV's. I got a few compliments on them. The only complaint that I have is that the BR IV's arent dropping tommorow morning lol

This. No other way to say it. One minute guys are complaining that JB doesn't make enough for a release, but when they do its a flop?

From a business standpoint, why wouldn't JB put out big numbers of this shoe? Back to school season underway plus a tax free weekend. Most of the popular sizes are gonna sell out regardless, might as well make more pairs that will end up selling anyways. At the end of today I saw a few pairs left here and there but most of them were big sizes or youth.

Back
Top Bottom