Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
You do realize that this Fire Red release is how most Jordan releases were pre-2011 right? Most of the time being more peaceful and no one camping. A good amount retros were readily available weeks and months after release.

JB didn't flop, or else they would be under right now.

I am well aware of how it was back then, but now after seeing releases sellout within day one and in some cases a few hours i see this as a FLOP

I didn't say that JB would go under in anyway, what i am trying to say is that JB keeps pushing out product and they keep thinking it will sell fast but then it started dying out because they kept releasing the same shoe.

So i am saying that their plan didn't go as well as they hoped it would of gone, where they sellout within a day.

Last edited:
Johnny Appleseed - beautiful pic.

patiently waiting for my pair to come in.

I am well aware of how it was back then, but now after seeing releases sellout within day one and in some cases a few hours i see this as a FLOP
I didn't say that JB would go under in anyway, what i am trying to say is that JB keeps pushing out product and they keep thinking it will sell fast but then it started dying out because they kept releasing the same shoe.
So i am saying that their plan didn't go as well as they hoped it would of gone, where they sellout within a day.

lets hope the flops continue

lets hope the flops continue
glasses.gif

@sunshine i cant say youre being too critical since its 160 a pop. but all shoe creases.. wouldve atleast asked the associate for another pair before walking out that door.
The precreases were not bad! Wearing them in my house for 30 seconds is what did them in like that! I didnt even notice the dents in the midsole until I got home. I never expected to check for that. They are only visible when light hits it at a certain angle!

Last edited:
Is it me or are these more than a half size too big? Why cant jordan just make all kicks their true size? :smh:
I got a half size down and these are big but mostly on the toebox.

I got 11.5 WC cuz I didnt know it fit large but I am still happy with them cuz I love that leather.
Got 11 Cavs and they tight snug, like I like my kicks to fit
I got 11.5 Militaries and they fit just right.
I got 11s for these and they fit looser than the 11.5 WCs!

Last edited:
Honestly surprised at the hate this sneaker has gotten so far. People are really complaining that much about creasing? I understand if your brand new pair is all jacked up, but let's not act like ANY pair of shoes your going to wear isn't going to crease.

Obviously Nike produced these in mass numbers and they will eventually sell out just like every other retro. And that makes it a flop? I dont think selling hundreds of thousands units of these constitutes as a flop to NIKE. Regardless, who cares if they do? There's enough pairs for everyone who actually wants them not to have to campout, deal with craziness, or resort to resellers. Is this not what we wanted the whole time??? Reminds me of the days when you can walk into your local store anytime any get your pickup EASY, if you ask me this is GREAT.

Definitely one of my fav. sneakers so I definitely had to cop. Got the Mars back in 06, glad they came out with the true OG version :smokin. great OG colorway on one of hte best retros IMO and brings back a lot of memories of the classic battles MJ had back in the day, esp. vs. my hometown Lakers. Not always about hype guys, heres visuals with the history:
fkwm6t.jpg

2zyitqs.jpg

hu3j7l.jpg

I wouldnt complain about natural, slow forming creasing. But precreases and and creases from a few minutes of wear is definitely worth complaining about. Doesnt matter tho. At least these are going for near retail on eBay. I might return my pair and try my luck elsewhere.

Watch almost all chain sites will have a "magical" full size run within this month watch.
They had crazy restocks for the milt 4's they had a full size restock during the 4th of july on NDC and another restock last saturday during the USA kd 4 release and JJ had a full size restock 2 weeks ago
my local footlocker actually still had a few pairs left for the milt 4's
Nowadays if chain stores within America still have pairs up on the site hours after drop it is a FLOP
Its the SAME shoe they released it 3 times already within this year this is the 4th time its just a different color most people are tired of it. So thats why you see some many people posting they pass and that is why it is a FLOP

I'm going to be very very honest. You really have no clue, do you. That's not a question. That's a FACT, so you mean to tell me that the Lebrons flopped, the new Hyperdunks, White Forces, etc are all flops right. Because according to your elementary school logic if its not sold out nonstop or first week its a flop... Like JM Said, in total month Sales this Shoe will have one of the highest units in sales this month, And yes it will outsell the Pack aswell due to sheer numbers.

Its CHESS NOT CHECKERS.... But you don't know how to play, do you?

Anyways why are we complaining about an easy release.. Are we for real?

Honestly surprised at the hate this sneaker has gotten so far. People are really complaining that much about creasing? I understand if your brand new pair is all jacked up, but let's not act like ANY pair of shoes your going to wear isn't going to crease.
Obviously Nike produced these in mass numbers and they will eventually sell out just like every other retro. And that makes it a flop? I dont think selling hundreds of thousands units of these constitutes as a flop to NIKE. Regardless, who cares if they do? There's enough pairs for everyone who actually wants them not to have to campout, deal with craziness, or resort to resellers. Is this not what we wanted the whole time??? Reminds me of the days when you can walk into your local store anytime any get your pickup EASY, if you ask me this is GREAT.
Definitely one of my fav. sneakers so I definitely had to cop. Got the Mars back in 06, glad they came out with the true OG version
smokin.gif
. great OG colorway on one of hte best retros IMO and brings back a lot of memories of the classic battles MJ had back in the day, esp. vs. my hometown Lakers. Not always about hype guys, heres visuals with the history:
fkwm6t.jpg

2zyitqs.jpg

hu3j7l.jpg
Great Pic!!

Good work...Nostradamus...
I was in Brooklyn last week and EVERY store had Olympic 6s and 7s...did those flop?
Just because a shoe doesn't sell out in New York city or sell 100% nationwide in a matter of hours...that makes it a flop?
This community prides itself on being the leader in sneaker knowledge on the Internet...yet, knuckleheads continue to make ignorant statements such as this...makes the entire community seem of lesser importance when statements like this are not commended as ridiculous...
Flop? Really? Get outta here...
There is not a shoe in this industry that will sell as many units in this entire month as this one shoe will sell in a matter of hours this morning...
JM

Exactly.

Reebok and Adidas DREAM that they could "flop" like this...

Got mine off of NDC this morning. The wait begins. I threw my Mars 4s away about a month ago, they had been beaten to death

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom