Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually aren't the same. Do they work closely together yes but not the same they are a partnership, and this article talks about how much in royalties Mike makes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...michael-jordan-still-earns-80-million-a-year/

Are your reading skills actually that poor, or are you just trolling. The article explicitly states "The Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, is responsible for the vast majority of MJ’s earnings." That means that Jordan brand is owned by Nike. While Nike obviously has to pay MJ a royalty based on JB sales, they are absolutely the same company. SMH.:smh:

I wanted these royals bad and I know a size 13 will be hard to find.

I guess i will have to use my Jordan bred 11's/Hyperposite SOL/pink foams/Jordan 4 bred/ Kobe 8 christmas for trade bait

Hype, you never heard of?

These will drop, just give it time. They JUST released yesterday and people are in panic right now, chill a few weeks, once Grape talk catches fire these WILL drop. Grapes will be even bigger than these.

Not the same. Grapes won't be as limited as these. Grapes will be in stores at Footlockers and Finishlines, carried by NDC.

Who the hell is going to stand outside all night, in the cold, and just walk away with nothing? I could have copped a size 8 Royal but I passed so the kid behind me who wore an 8 could cop. I was after the Barkley Posite though so I didn't just come away with nothing. There's noway I would have just come away with nothing though.

Sorry man, I'd have to disagree. Let's say you waited in line for 4-5 hours for a pair and they ran out of your size.

You're saying you're gonna walk away empty handed? You get a pair, you swap sizes, you and the guy you trade with both get your size.

If you grabbed my size 9 after you waited in line for 4-5 hours, I can't be mad. You waited 5 hours, while I sat my *** at home. It's not your fault they ran out of your size. You already put in the hard work, you can't just walk away.

Swapping sizes/shoes are at least still within the love/culture of shoes, reselling isn't.

Yeah, I don't understand that all.

You wasted your time, AND you're still going to pay resell fees :smh:

Sorry man, I'd have to disagree. Let's say you waited in line for 4-5 hours for a pair and they ran out of your size.

You're saying you're gonna walk away empty handed? You get a pair, you swap sizes, you and the guy you trade with both get your size.

If you grabbed my size 9 after you waited in line for 4-5 hours, I can't be mad. You waited 5 hours, while I sat my *** at home. It's not your fault they ran out of your size. You already put in the hard work, you can't just walk away.

Swapping sizes/shoes are at least still within the love/culture of shoes, reselling isn't.

There's nothin to disagree with in what I said. I wasn't stating an opinion or how I felt about the subject, I was stating fact. I've seen hundreds of posts on this board that have said "the little **** kid in front of me took the last one in my size and I could tell he couldn't wear a 13 ever. I wanted to smack him in the face." People hate that on here, just like they hate resellers, but put in the same position they do the same cot damn thing. But you will all justify it, the same way you will justify reselling a little here and there when you "have to" but it's all the same. Whether you love the shoes or not, whether you waited in line all night or not, you just did the same thing to someone behind you that all the holier than thou NTers complain about when they're standing on the wrong side of that fence.

So what it really looks like is the resellers didn't get to these near as bad as the guys who are always mad at kids getting random sizes to resell, that got these in another size (keeping a lot of people from getting their own size) then expecting to trade around to get to their size. I've seen that more in this thread than any other, and those people are just as bad as the kids doing it for cash. You took someone's size that you didn't wear. Lol so don't be made next time the reseller takes the last pair of your size right in front of you.

All you sz 11-12's taking all of the 8-10.5's like its not the same thing haha.

I'm ready for this Friday to get here. I'll have to line up for a few hours, but it will be worth it to get some pairs of these for retail.

You aren't entitled to ANYTHING in this world, especially a shoe size. Resellers=profit. Trading the same shoe for a different size does not equate to profit, might actually equate to loss in profit. Now peep my sig

There's nothin to disagree with in what I said. I wasn't stating an opinion or how I felt about the subject, I was stating fact. I've seen hundreds of posts on this board that have said "the little **** kid in front of me took the last one in my size and I could tell he couldn't wear a 13 ever. I wanted to smack him in the face." People hate that on here, just like they hate resellers, but put in the same position they do the same cot damn thing. But you will all justify it, the same way you will justify reselling a little here and there when you "have to" but it's all the same. Whether you love the shoes or not, whether you waited in line all night or not, you just did the same thing to someone behind you that all the holier than thou NTers complain about when they're standing on the wrong side of that fence.
Tru

When people complain about resellers they're not complaining about the guy selling one pair of sneakers.

They're complaining about the guy buying up size runs.

Hype, you never heard of?

These will drop, just give it time. They JUST released yesterday and people are in panic right now, chill a few weeks, once Grape talk catches fire these WILL drop. Grapes will be even bigger than these.

I agree that they will drop. 350 now and I said they will level out to 275....but 220-240 price is not going to happen.

Grapes? Bigger than these?! haha its a GR. For being around since 07' I would think you would know this by now.

Are your reading skills actually that poor, or are you just trolling. The article explicitly states "The Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, is responsible for the vast majority of MJ’s earnings." That means that Jordan brand is owned by Nike. While Nike obviously has to pay MJ a royalty based on JB sales, they are absolutely the same company. SMH.:smh:
IDK how people are still arguing this. It is clearly NIKE AIR technology. JB cannot exist without nike

You aren't entitled to ANYTHING in this world, especially a shoe size. Resellers=profit. Trading the same shoe for a different size does not equate to profit, might actually equate to loss in profit. Now peep my sig

This honor in not making a profit is really silly.

Either way, copping a pair that you intend to resell or trade is still taking a pair away from someone who really wanted it in their size. Plain and simple.

Why should it be our concern that you wasted your time standing in line? Really though, that was your choice.

Last edited:
not really...soles inc on the beach had them...shoe gallery i think and possibly Mr r sports...but very limited indeed

Mr r sports didn't get em, shoe gallery and soles inc on the beach did. I lined up at shoe gallery at 6 am I was probably 20th in line, sold out way before I even got in, luckily a guy ahead of me had my size and sold it to me for 220

On mobile, can't "peep your sig" but you people need to learn to read. See my post above. When NTers are on the other side of the deal, they gather pitchforks and all hate it when they see it. You're taking something you don't want from someone else that wants it. To the guy behind you (which we all are some of the time) you just caused him to have to go to resellers exams you took what he did want. I didn't say my opinion one time and where I stand on this, so quit telling me the facts I stated are wrong based off of where your individual morals lie (not all directed at poster I quoted, multiple people quoting me here). When your size is sold out and you take someone else's then trade it, you just "profited" the amount you would have lost on the reseller market to get your size, reverse opportunity cost if you will, which the kid behind you is now paying. I help people out but I'm still 100% looking out for number 1 first, so I get it, but NTers do not like this being done to them and blame "the game, beasts, kids" when it happens to them. Well NT, you are the beast this time around lol

Nice on feet pic.. yeah i would of paid $200 quick no questions asked these things are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This honor in not making a profit is really silly.

Either way, copping a pair that you intend to resell or trade is still taking a pair away from someone who really wanted it in their size. Plain and simple.

Honor? Dude I'm not buying these to sell, I'm buying to wear. Disagree. Dude A buys an 11 and wants a 10. Dude B buys a 10 and wants an 11. Dude A trades with Dude B, who had a pair taken away? The salty Dude C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom