Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 1 quick question - people keep saying I would never spend this kind of money on a Jordan 1 of all Jordans (or something to that affect). What does this even mean, exactly? Are you simply referring to the fact that this is the cheapest Jordan in terms of MSRP? Or is it something else?

To be honest, if you are a true Jordan collector or aficionado, you would respect and appreciate the Jordan 1 as being the sneaker that started this whole frenzy, so if anything, the Jordan 1 should be the sneaker that you WOULD break the bank for.
I never understood why people say that about 1s either..

But then people justify crazy resell prices on sneakers like Supreme dunk lows..

It would be a whole lot easier if people werent buying them just to sell them (resellers)...............................................
What about the people who buy 2-3 pairs just to wear 1 and let the others sit in there closest? Everyone has there own way of doing things. That's why i don't knock nobody for what they do. That's why I don't have a problem with resellers

Last edited:
But would anyone, who had missed out on both Royals and 88's, trade 1 pair of DS Banned 1's for a pair of DS Royals and DS 88's?  This is a hypothetical situation and is in now way an attempt to phish out a trade or break any of NT's rules.  I'm just curious what NT think these two shoes, which I do consider to be highly desired by a collector of Jordans, would be worth in a trade.  Sorry for the wall of text, I am just interested in, and enjoy, the topic.
Man that is tough.. Its a pretty even trade..

But personally I think I would stick with Banneds..

2011 WC will just have to suffice.. And reseller price would be paid for the Royals..

I never understood why people say that about 1s either..

But then people justify crazy resell prices on sneakers like Supreme dunk lows..
I'm actually trying to find someone to trade supreme lows for royals.  I need a sz 13 in the supremes though and the market price is like $900-$1000 for that size, unfortunately($350-$550 for other sizes).  Gonna be tough to find.

What about the people who buy 2-3 pairs just to wear 1 and let the others sit in there closest? Everyone has there own way of doing things. That's why i don't knock nobody for what they do. That's why I don't have a problem with resellers

Doesnt take away from my statement sir. There would still be more pairs to go around if people werent buying them just to resell. Not knocking any1. Just stating facts.

Last edited:
No................ no it is not.

I think its a great idea. Too many young kids think EVERY shoe they buy is an automatic come up. Its disgusting. See people try and sell shoes that are still in stores for $40-$50 over retail all the time.

And too many people use Flight Club prices as a way to price their shoes. "Well, FC charges $xxx, my pair is $7 cheaper" haha

I think its a great idea. Too many young kids think EVERY shoe they buy is an automatic come up. Its disgusting. See people try and sell shoes that are still in stores for $40-$50 over retail all the time.

And too many people use Flight Club prices as a way to price their shoes. "Well, FC charges $xxx, my pair is $7 cheaper" haha
if you know shoes and the value of shoes you can stll use flightclub as a guide to determine street value. my rule of thumb is generally 150-200 cheaper for any shoe priced at 500 +, and 50-100 less for any recent retros listed on flightclub. of course shoes vary in value to everyone anyways

Doesnt take away from my statement sir. There would still be more pairs to go around if people werent buying them just to resell. Not knocking any1. Just stating facts.
True, Just like there would be more pairs to go around if people didn't buy 2-3 pairs of the same shoe just to let them sit. Just stating facts.

Last edited:
aite i scored 2 pair for my little cousins who wanted them....from a uk chain store...they dont do phone orders nor do they have any in their online store...had my homeboy over there grab em ..paypal em the $$ and got him to use a corporate fed ex account i have...so i found them for a little over retail ( they were 160 us there) ...in parts of the world they are sitting you just have to research a lil 

Let's be real. A lot of people buy shoes because they "think" its what they're supposed to like. Even those who are "diehard sneaker heads" and "hate resellers and hypebeasts". Look in their closets and it cement 3s with Nike air on the back, infrared 6s, and 11s. Not saying those are bad sneakers.

Point being Id get the royals in a straight up trade. You can find 2011 3s for around retail. The 88s are seriously just the 2011s with a different logo. Doesn't the bottom still say Jordan anyway? Heads gonna be in a frenzy when they drop again.

Let's be real. A lot of people buy shoes because they "think" its what they're supposed to like. Even those who are "diehard sneaker heads" and "hate resellers and hypebeasts". Look in their closets and it cement 3s with Nike air on the back, infrared 6s, and 11s. Not saying those are bad sneakers.

Point being Id get the royals in a straight up trade. You can find 2011 3s for around retail. The 88s are seriously just the 2011s with a different logo. Doesn't the bottom still say Jordan anyway? Heads gonna be in a frenzy when they drop again.

I would trade 1 of my pairs for DS Tiffany dunks. Do you guys think there is someone who would do that trade?

might be the worst idea I've read here.

*Shrugs

I would trade 1 of my pairs for DS Tiffany dunks. Do you guys think there is someone who would do that trade?
If you threw in two hundred or three. I haven't looked into the price of tiffs in years but the last time i saw was $550 so it has to be more by now. Barely ever wear mines anymore.

Not sure If Srs depending on size tiffs can reach 650 try finding them big sizes

Last edited:
Haha...nice. :tongue:

My best bet is to sell my Banned's, and then track down the two pairs separately.

Would be easier and I would most likely save/make more $$$.

We'll see.
Yup I think you can get $700 for your banned or a little more. That would be much easier. prices on the 88 drop to 320. But then you might have to give up ***** on the royal

Just checked flight club. Price bump to $400 
ohwell.gif

checked the tiffs while I was there, $900 

Looks like its going to be difficult for me to get a second pair down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom