Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my opinion, looking like scott disick is an argument AGAINST buying this shoe
nobody is trying to dress like him, it isnt like this ensemble has never been worn by anyone in the past (minus the leathers
), c'mon son. its fashion, everyone copies everyone. it starts with one couture design then it trickles down and gets copied by everyone and eventually the same design is on target and walmart racks. but believe me, if i wanted to act like scott disick, stuffing a $100 bill in a waiters mouth would be the 1st thing id do, haha

What? How is this possible?? Apparently if you were "in the game" in 2001 then these were an easy cop... More pairs produced then the 17s that year
mean.gif

Quit playing games. I could say because I was 11 in 2001 that I missed out on these too. Anyone born before '01 could say that
laugh.gif

But the reality is - I had no idea royal 1s existed in 2001 nor did I care. But if I knew and wanted them and had the money for them---- I could have got them. Same applies for you.
it is possible if you didn't have the money back then.......I was 16 with a kid in 01. But im not you, I always stayed up on the Js even if i didn't have the money to get them yet

mean.gif

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with his outfit even though I've seen it a lot. Let not act like a bunch of ****** weren't wearing the typical jean jacket/chambray shirt with chinos/denim and these

$393.00

$312.00

i thought niketalk hated resellers and where all cheap

when did the big spenders start posting on NT & spending close to $400.00 for a just released jordan 1 out of all jordans

i always though niketalk looked for $600.00 valued shoes for $150.00

$393.00

$312.00

when did the big spenders start posting on NT & spending close to $400.00 for a just released jordan 1 out of all jordans

Not sure why anyone would hate resellers. Not everyone can get limited J's or whatever for retail

$393.00

$312.00

times are changing, if a person wants something and they have the means for it. all the power to them

I have 1 quick question - people keep saying I would never spend this kind of money on a Jordan 1 of all Jordans (or something to that affect). What does this even mean, exactly? Are you simply referring to the fact that this is the cheapest Jordan in terms of MSRP? Or is it something else?

To be honest, if you are a true Jordan collector or aficionado, you would respect and appreciate the Jordan 1 as being the sneaker that started this whole frenzy, so if anything, the Jordan 1 should be the sneaker that you WOULD break the bank for.

I have 1 quick question - people keep saying I would never spend this kind of money on a Jordan 1 of all Jordans (or something to that affect). What does this even mean, exactly? Are you simply referring to the fact that this is the cheapest Jordan in terms of MSRP? Or is it something else?

To be honest, if you are a true Jordan collector or aficionado, you would respect and appreciate the Jordan 1 as being the sneaker that started this whole frenzy, so if anything, the Jordan 1 should be the sneaker that you WOULD break the bank for.

History, yes. They are the pinnacle of the Jordan line. The fact that there is little technology on the 1 and with the lowest production cost.(leather and rubber) Add to that the original msrp. Those factors is what people are complaining about when paying the "now" suggested retail price.

Not sure why anyone would hate resellers. Not everyone can get limited J's or whatever for retail

times are changing, if a person wants something and they have the means for it. all the power to them

i agree with both you guys but back in 2005 i got a pair of limited jordans for alot more then retail & heads where crying on here like no tomorrow

people hating resellers now have no choice but to buy off a reseller

i have been seeing a few people buy new releases on here for a lot more then retail on a few recent hyped up shoes
so its just a shock to me for being on here so long dealing with lowballers

Last edited:
I am looking to do this exact trade.:D

However it may be a little difficult, as I have a DS sz. 11 Banned's, but would need a DS sz. 10.5 in the 88's and a DS sz. 11 in the Royals.

I would do it because I was lucky enough to obtain two pairs of Banned's on release day, so I rock one, and have one just sitting in my closet.

For me, it would be difficult because of the sizing differences I need. But yes, I would definitely do it...and want to. :tongue:

That's kind of the angle I was asking from. Someone who specifically did not get these 2 great collector Jordan shoes (and great looking models/CW's of course) and most likely gets any type of Jordan like this, like their Banned 1's. If it was the other way around for me, I wouldn't trade Banned's if I owned one pair. But I love the hunt of getting my wanted sneakers too, so I wouldn't mind selling a pair of Banned's and hunting down the other 2 pairs myself to keep the extra cash I'd end up with. A lot of guys don't like that hassle and, in the case of having extras, will jump at killing 2 birds with 1 Banned. Bigmikejeezy is working a deal to get DS Banned 1's for 2013 Royals plus $300, which is equivalent to the royals plus 88's trade, if not a little less than equal. I was just kind of curious since I have both of the shoes and don't know what my opinion would be had I missed either. I may value them too high personally to make a 2 shoe for 1 shoe trade with em. Thanks for the input fellas, good to hear your different views and situations.

If I had Banned 1's I would try and swing some 2001 Black/Reds and 2013 Royals. But then again, I never understood why Banneds were so hyped and why 2001 black/reds were so "cheap" in comparison.

i agree with both you guys but back in 2005 i got a pair of limited jordans for alot more then retail & heads where crying on here like no tomorrow

people hating resellers now have no choice but to buy off a reseller

i have been seeing a few people buy new releases on here for a lot more then retail on a few recent hyped up shoes
so its just a shock to me for being on here so long dealing with lowballers

This...

It's just a different time in the wonderful world of shoes...

Everybody is a "Shoe~Head" now simply because it's the IN thing to do...

Did I wan't a pair of the Royal's?...Hell yes...Did I get a pair of Royal's?...Hell no...

It is what it is an you just move on to the next drop...I'm too damn old to get heated over missing a pair of shoes...

See the shoe game is good like that...If you miss something I guarantee there will be something else down the line that you will want more...

This...

It's just a different time in the wonderful world of shoes...

Everybody is a "Shoe~Head" now simply because it's the IN thing to do...

Did I wan't a pair of the Royal's?...Hell yes...Did I get a pair of Royal's?...Hell no...

It is what it is an you just move on to the next drop...I'm too damn old to get heated over missing a pair of shoes...

See the shoe game is good like that...If you miss something I guarantee there will be something else down the line that you will want more...

this man speaks the truth

same thing happen to me

"Did I wan't a pair of the Royal's?...Hell yes...Did I get a pair of Royal's?...Hell no"

well i didn't really try looking for royals since i have the 2001 retro but i know what you mean 100%

The III is the sneaker that started the whole frenzy not the I IMO.
I see what you're saying but JB ruined the I's with all the garbage CW's they released
over the past few years.

The III is the sneaker that started the whole frenzy not the I IMO.
I see what you're saying but JB ruined the I's with all the garbage CW's they released
over the past few years.

Fair enough...But without the 1 we don't get to the III...Just playing devil's advocate here...

Couldn't agree more with the oversaturation of the 1's...Sad thing is they are starting give other models the same treatment...

GrapeApe - Back on that trade you harped on. (Royal 1-88 even trade)
I believe you were spot on. A lot of people have clouded minds and it impairs their judgement. Your store window analogy was perfect. I had some clown tell me my 88+150 for his royals. So basically, he was telling me that he could find a pair of 88s for retail? Add 150, and it would equal out an inflated price of royals? What about the inflated price of 88s?

There should be a Beckett guide for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom