Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

You know damn well what I meant. If Nike Air on the bottom is that big a deal to you dont get em. But you'll prolly cop em anyway and complain about that while they are in your hand knowing how it would be before you copped em.
I personally don't see myself making an effort to grab these, especially if it's an online release only. I am also wise enough to know the pics that we have seen surface might not be the final product. I am waiting to hear more information regarding these. I purchased this colorway in 88 & 94 and skipped 03 & 11. I have always preferred shoes to remain as true to their original release as possible and I know that us older heads seem to catch a lot of slack from the new jacks for not co-signing everything JB puts out. You along with a majority of the younger collectors aren't fazed by a Jumpman, but to me it's lame.

You guys are celebrating JB tricking you into buying the same shoe in a 2 year period
mean.gif

At this point, Nike Air ain't that serious
^THIS

Who gives a **** if the back says nike air!? It's the same damn shoe as the ones from 2011!!!!!! 

laugh.gif
I can't believe people are complaining about collectors. I was collecting years ago but this is a GOOD thing, because these can be balled in, unlike the 1994 pairs. Even the 2001 retros are risky to do anything in. C'mon now.
>Assuming that the heel tab has any effect on your game! You can just as easily play in the 2001 pairs!

>> Assuming that the nike hyperfuse/hyperdunks aren't the best shoes to actually hoop in!!!

thread caught me off guard. big time. never thought id see the day.

well, for those saying "my ogs and 94s are now devalued boo hoo hooooo" u couldnt be more wrong. everything from the shape/shade of the cement print to the leather to the inside factory tags will make sure that your pairs remain quite different from a retro with nike air slapped on the back.

i got 1 pair of ds 11s to wear someday and still wearable 2001 blacks, so these wont get any sort of consideration.

good luck to those on the hunt

Everybody that's complaining about "Jordan" on the sole need to realize that the brand had to make some sort of change to distinguish the OG's n the 94's retros from these. It would've been worse if they decided to change the jumpman color or anything else that's visible.

These came out last year and now again in 2013... I bet just because of this little piece of rubber on the heel ppl will resell them at $500+ SMH. Btw u personality can't see the Nike Air logo while ur wearing them and yet these are a must have for u. LOL

There is an EBAY auction for a sample pair of '01 White/Cement III's with Nike Air branding THROUGH OUT the shoe that were made for Derek Anderson...so it says.

Last edited:
IMO the company as a whole Nike/JB is rehashing the same shoes and product... The Jordan line has been AM 95'd because it seems everytime u turn around the same shoes in the same colorways are re-releasing. Is the nike air heel dope? Hell yea but they couldve just done that on the 2011 pairs. The OG'd the box and everything else :lol:

IMO the company as a whole Nike/JB is rehashing the same shoes and product... The Jordan line has been AM 95'd because it seems everytime u turn around the same shoes in the same colorways are re-releasing. Is the nike air heel dope? Hell yea but they couldve just done that on the 2011 pairs. The OG'd the box and everything else :lol:

Nike/JB aren't innovating anymore from a design standpoint - rather they are moving to a more cost-effective production strategy with bland designs driven by 'hype' and 'over-marketing'. What is the point of getting these IIIs with Nike Air when they don't resemble the OG any which way. At least the Jumpman-heeled joint ain't pretentious about being a replica.

laugh.gif
@ JB being too lazy, ignorant, and avaricious to put Nike on the bottom of a Nike Air Jordan 3. Awww man...
no excuses since da outsole wit nike air will also be available since da air revolution will also be dropping next year.

It is a nike air jordan so who cares what they put where. I had blk cement and wht cement back in the 80s. These dont impress me they are still gonna be low quaility crap paint chippin everywhere but u get your nike air lol. The paint was never chipped on my ogs even 8 or 9 yrs later beat to the ground

There is an EBAY auction for a sample pair of '01 White/Cement III's with Nike Air branding THROUGH OUT the shoe that were made for Derek Anderson...so it says.

great story behind those kicks
but i've re-told it too many times now to tell it again
musta been covered somewhere in this thread

2011: JORDAN 3 - JUMPMAN ON THE BACK AND JORDAN ON THE OUTSOLE, INFERIOR QUALITY

2013: JORDAN 3 - NIKE AIR ON THE BACK, JORDAN ON THE OUTSOLE, INFERIOR QUALITY

2015: JORDAN 3 - NIKE AIR ON THE BACK AND OUTSOLE, INFERIOR QUALITY

2017: JORDAN 3 - JUMPMAN ON THE BACK, NIKE AIR ON THE OUTSOLE, PREMIUM QUALITY

2017: JORDAN 3 - JUMPMAN ON THE BACK AND JORDAN ON THE OUTSOLE, PREMIUM QUALITY

2050: JORDAN 3 - NIKE AIR ON THE BACK AND OUTSOLE, PREMIUM QUALITY

THE RELEASE SCHEDULE FOR THE WHITE CEMENT 3S. JORDAN BRAND IS SET FOR THE NEXT 40 YEARS.

This is great news and hopefully a sign of things to come. I don't understand how people can say the logo doesn't matter. The "jumpman air" looks ridiculous on the 3s. IMO they should put NA on even the retro+ colorways. If I can cop these will be my first 3s since the 2001 black cements. The jordan on the bottom really shouldn't surprise anyone and I doubt they'll change that for the actual release. It irks me a little but it won't keep me away. Hopefully those who are saying pass will actually pass. Easier for me to cop.

So i have an app that has rds, history, trivia, and what not. These have not appeared on the site until today. It still just shows a rd of 02-13 but it has retail set at $160... Hope this is true

I knew it!

Man, JB has got all of you by the throats. Let the hype begin, I see the lines forming now.

EZPass, i'm not buying the same shoes over again for nike air on the heel tab. I swear only JB can get away with a simple heel tab change and have folks in a frenzy for the same damn shoe.

This is pretty incredible! I'm definitely old school when it comes to preferring the Nike Air on the back of the shoes. I don't think people understand that these shoes, when Tinker originally designed them, were designed for the NIKE AIR on the back of the heel. Not a jumpman. So, anything less than Nike Air, to me, is a complete deviation of the original design. Plus, this is the model Jordan ACTUALLY WORE. For me, growing up watching him play when he actually wore the shoes with nike air, adds to the nostalgia when I think about buying them. So for me, its a huge bonus!!! However, there is a huge night and day difference when you've actually seen the man play in real time versus not lol

Back
Top Bottom