Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

All this outlet talk. Here is my issue, if an item is full price at an outlet then its not an outlet item to me. Nike is just using the outlets as usable real estate.

Nike started killing the outlets when the "factory store" monicker was introduced... as you stated, they are just satellite stores now.

I walked into what is considered a "closeout" nike store while in Texas, everything was truly marked down... but then I saw the sign below. Nike is in survival mode like many other entities in this economic climate. As you can imagine, I left shortly after seeing this.

Final Sale 9-23-24.JPG

Nike started killing the outlets when the "factory store" monicker was introduced... as you stated, they are just satellite stores now.

I walked into what is considered a "closeout" nike store while in Texas, everything was truly marked down... but then I saw the sign below. Nike is in survival mode like many other entities in this economic climate. As you can imagine, I left shortly after seeing this.

Final Sale 9-23-24.JPG
It has been that way since 2020 at the clearance/closeout stores. They used the pandemic as an excuse (I'm sure safety reasons were cited that people couldn't use products and then return them in case they were contaminated,) but I believe resellers/bulk buyers were returning items that weren't selling en-masse, so the return policy was hurting them. Of course, just in general, they're saving money and inventory space if they don't need to worry about refunds and restocking old items if all sales are final.

The more frustrating thing about the clearance stores now is that there is no longer a $100 cap. There used to be Jordans and other high-end models like the Alphaflys that would be capped at $100 and last time I was there they were trying to sell the current Alphafly for $260 ($30 off retail) which is pretty nuts for a clearance store.

Back
Top Bottom