Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I feel you. By all definitions those are reps no round about way of putting it. They also look great. For me the price is a dealbreaker, I don’t want to spend $600 on any shoes period. There also isn’t an alternative by Nike that someone can buy that looks like those.

At the end of the day it’s all leather and plastic we’ve placed arbitrary value on that doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. At least not to me anyways. I buy my shoes, I wear them.
U got cats paying $2000 for Travis joint that cost less than $20 to make

Were you around when henderscheme was releasing shoes? John Geiger with his yeezy 2s and misplaced checks drops? Shoe surgeon runs a workshop where you can literally make your own Nike shoes and he sells his customs for hundreds. These are def not authentic Jordan 1s but let’s not act like there’s no nuance here compared to the mass produced replicas that folks are getting instead of getting them from footlocker lol
Reps are reps homie. If that's what you're into the. Good for you.

uuuuuugh, if only the dude would offer non-aged soles and laces

have mentioned it before, but seriously, literally my only hang-ups atm

and there are other videos if any of y'all were curious:

and the original vid that was posted itt:

Last edited:
Reps are reps homie. If that's what you're into the. Good for you.

I’m not saying they are authentic. I’m just saying ignoring the nuance and reducing it to “reps are reps” isn’t really that interesting of a discussion lol especially when there’s precedence to the “hand crafted”/ artisan not made by Nike custom that have generally been accepted by the sneaker community.

A lot of us remember when these “reps” were being sold at the same boutiques that sold Nike products. Ironically you can still pick them up on GOAT and STockX and they’ll get authenticated as real lol
71533A0A-694B-4ADB-BB2F-116601BC0839.jpeg

I’m not saying they are authentic. I’m just saying ignoring the nuance and reducing it to “reps are reps” isn’t really that interesting of a discussion lol especially when there’s precedence to the “hand crafted”/ artisan not made by Nike custom that have generally been accepted by the sneaker community.

A lot of us remember when these “reps” were being sold at the same boutiques that sold Nike products. Ironically you can still pick them up on GOAT and STockX and they’ll get authenticated as real lol
71533A0A-694B-4ADB-BB2F-116601BC0839.jpeg
The semantics game... A replica is a replica fam whether it's the highest of quality or the lowest. You don't have to justify your love of reps to me. Some people are into em... I say live and let live.

I mean you’re not “fooling” anyone with them.
The shoes have its own unique branding on the inside on the collar and the tongue.
Nike hasn’t dropped anything that looks like those.

My issue with the reps we see of TS, OW, and new releases is because there is always the chance they can be sold to someone at an inflated price due to ignorance or deceit.

That’s not really a possibility with those so I don’t have the same hard stance against them that I would have against other reps.

The semantics game... A replica is a replica fam whether it's the highest of quality or the lowest. You don't have to justify your love of reps to me. Some people are into em... I say live and let live.

If having a contextually complete discussion is a semantics game then sure I guess? To your point, maybe this is an old head discussion.

im definitely going to pick up a pair before Nike inevitably drops the hammer on them. I get why some would be opposed to them, there’s no if ands or buts about it, they check every criteria for a fake shoe. But there’s nuance here that separates them from what is commonly referred to as a replica in 2022. Same was the case for Geiger’s past work and shoe surgeon.

That said, Nike has got every right to come after them but I’m not going to put a cape on for them. It’s wild that they have failed so badly at keeping the market satisfied that a nobody could come through and make $600 reproductions that people are legitimately impressed with.
The thing is, the majority of people buying Nike products don’t really care about the quality.. Retros included.

Nike increases quality to market the “new” version and/or increase retail prices.

In fact, I’m almost sure they’ll do both with the dunks, given how popular they are with non-sneakerheads nowadays, since GR dunk quality and materials are literally garbage.

On a related note, I’m surprised Nike hasn’t tried to silence Rose Anvil yet.

Were you around when henderscheme was releasing shoes? John Geiger with his yeezy 2s and misplaced checks drops? Shoe surgeon runs a workshop where you can literally make your own Nike shoes and he sells his customs for hundreds. These are def not authentic Jordan 1s but let’s not act like there’s no nuance here compared to the mass produced replicas that folks are getting instead of getting them from footlocker lol

IIRC Shoe Surgeon is allowed to operate because he buys the authentic shoe* base and works from/on top of it.

Last edited:
IIRC Shoe Surgeon is allowed to operate because he buys the authentic show base and works from/on top of it.

im pretty sure the only thing hes shown to take from authentic shoes is the sole. in the videos ive seen for jordan 1s he and the people in his classes completely rebuild the uppers from scratch.

Just watched this video, and I’m shocked that no one has mentioned it here. He reviewed those Viberemakelab “Jordan 1s” that so many have talked about. I personally don’t judge, and to each their own, but a fake is still a fake in my book. Now in this case I guess you could end up with a fake that is constructed, looks, and is made up of better materials than a legit/authentic pair, and closer to the original ‘85 releases. They’re not for me, and I couldn’t do it, but again, to each their own.

There used to be a lot of back and forth about JB's ability to make the original cuts with arguments ranging from them not being able to on a massed produced shoe, them losing the original files, and to them just not wanting to. Whatever you think about these we can pretty much put those arguments to bed. If a guy in his basement can get them this close a multi billion dollar company should have no problem doing it.

im pretty sure the only thing hes shown to take from authentic shoes is the sole. in the videos ive seen for jordan 1s he and the people in his classes completely rebuild the uppers from scratch.

Right, but I think he still buys a full original shoe from Nike. It makes his products customs instead of replicas in the eyes of Nike, thus keeping him out of legal trouble.

Back
Top Bottom