Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If I want a jordan 1 imma get a jordan 1. It's not a jordan 1 if it's not made by jordan brand. That's as simple as I see it.

Man this used to be my stance. But the older i get and the more J's ive owned over the past 20+ years....the less enthusiastic i become about buying $200 shoes hoping i don't have QC issues or hoping the leather isn't garbage or hoping the shape is at least the same on the left and right shoe.

These $600 rep's are the first pair that has me interested in buying a non-authentic shoe. $600 is still too rich for my blood but man they are really good looking.

If I want a jordan 1 imma get a jordan 1. It's not a jordan 1 if it's not made by jordan brand. That's as simple as I see it.
Right, but I think he still buys a full original shoe from Nike. It makes his products customs instead of replicas in the eyes of Nike, thus keeping him out of legal trouble.
im pretty sure the only thing hes shown to take from authentic shoes is the sole. in the videos ive seen for jordan 1s he and the people in his classes completely rebuild the uppers from scratch.

Honestly, for $600, I would hope the creator at least uses actual authentic Jordan 1 tooling.

That begs the question-if those $600 Jordan 1s use an authentic base shoe and only keep the soles, are they still considered replicas?

Honestly, for $600, I would hope the creator at least uses actual authentic Jordan 1 tooling.

That begs the question-if those $600 Jordan 1s use an authentic base shoe and only keep the soles, are they still considered replicas?

Personally even with real Jordan 1 soles, I don’t really think it makes shoes like this any less unofficial. Doesn’t take away from the shoe and what they’re trying to do but what shoe surgeon, henderscheme and now viberemakelab are doing falls in Its own category of replica/reproduction. They’re almost like artisan products.

Thank you. Dudes been crying about reps for years but the moment someone makes reps that they deem "good quality" these cats entire stance change lol

Take a Rolex presidential, break it down, only keep the links, remake your own version of a presidential, then try to sell it to any Jeweler or pawn shop and let us know if they consider it a Rolex.

6pivhk.jpg

If you're against bootlegs, you should be against these Vibe Remake Lab Jordans too 👀. Keep that same energy.

6pivhk.jpg

If you're against bootlegs, you should be against these Vibe Remake Lab Jordans too 👀. Keep that same energy.
I’m all for Nike protecting their IP if they choose to do so. I won’t be throwing on cape for them though. one can also appreciate the recreation of classic shoe in as close to its original form as theyve ever been and still not mess with $120 fakes and still recognize both as not authentic :lol:

Last edited:
Werd something else I think about a lot regarding bootlegs, fakes, customs, is the original designer. Peter Moore's design changed the world as we (we = people on niketalk) see it. I think people plagiarizing, ripping off, and selling his design as their own is wack. Although Nike/JB have the rights and patents and whatever to use the designs their employees and contractors made, I place a lot of value in the integrity of an artist and their work.

and still recognize both as not authentic :lol:

Nobody is calling the $600 pair authentic though - I think everybody can acknowledge that.
But if somebody is against bootlegs because they aren't authentic and aren't made in an actual Nike factory, how can they be OK buying these? These should not be considered "customs" either, like what Shoe Surgeon makes, because these are meant to replicate an actual 85 Black Toe.

Nobody is calling the $600 pair authentic though - I think everybody can acknowledge that.
But if somebody is against bootlegs because they aren't authentic and aren't made in an actual Nike factory, how can they be OK buying these?
probably based off the reviews theyve been getting. nightwing said it himself in the weartesters video that they're the best jordan 1s he's ever seen outside of the original 85's. might be the time i came up in shoes, but hearing that from him holds some weight with me. atleast enough for me to check them out myself. maybe we'd be having a different conversation about all replicas in general if thats how they were coming, but thats not the case and hasn't been

Air Kiys considered fakes? I guess since they don't have the Nike check they aren't actually fakes 🤔 Can a knockoff have nuance if the materials are good?

Man this used to be my stance. But the older i get and the more J's ive owned over the past 20+ years....the less enthusiastic i become about buying $200 shoes hoping i don't have QC issues or hoping the leather isn't garbage or hoping the shape is at least the same on the left and right shoe.

These $600 rep's are the first pair that has me interested in buying a non-authentic shoe. $600 is still too rich for my blood but man they are really good looking.
Yeah, I’ve always been for the brand, but I’m not gonna lie, they’ve made me hate them in a way because of all of the games they play. Pay $200+ dollars and get crappy quality and craftsmanship…yet not giving us the right shape or changing this or that up so it doesn’t look like the OG. Let’s ALMOST give them what they want but not do it. We are just gonna keep dangling the carrot in front of them but not let them obtain it. To me, it’s a bunch of 💩

Good for these people taking it into their own hands and making better Jordans than the actual company.

The hatred ive always had with fakes was people trying to pass them off as real. Times have changed and there are people out there now that buy fakes of hyped shoes and will tell you they are fake. Which in all honesty I am not too mad at when now-a-days some reps are really good. And people are paying $150 for reps of Trav's because they just can't afford the real thing on resale but actually really like the shoe and want to wear it.

Honestly would people be ok if these high quality reps paid a licensing fee to nike/JB? If nike was like we take $100 on each pair sold and you can use the design of the Jordan 1? Does that make people morally feel better about buying them?

My take is Jordan/Nike are not being financially hurt by this as of now. If they end up seeing an issue and it starts effecting their bottom line...they will either just get their lawyers to handle it....or.....OR....they could use their huge manufacturing network and supply chain and make the same shoes (high quality Jordan 1s in OG colors) and sell them for cheaper then these artisans.

probably based off the reviews theyve been getting. nightwing said it himself in the weartesters video that they're the best jordan 1s he's ever seen outside of the original 85's. might be the time i came up in shoes, but hearing that from him holds some weight with me. atleast enough for me to check them out myself. maybe we'd be having a different conversation about all replicas in general if thats how they were coming, but thats not the case and hasn't been
They're not Jordan 1s.. they're reps. Nightwing ie the authority on kicks now?

They're not Jordan 1s.. they're reps. Nightwing ie the authority on kicks now?

bro why are you so contentious in every post? its not that serious

i think i said it pretty plainly. Nightwings opinions hold enough weight for me to see what theyre about myself. that doesnt make him the authority on kicks. it doesnt make the shoes "real jordan 1s", and it doesnt make them authentic.

what it does make them is something interesting to discuss because its something many of us have been asking from the brand since the original retro and the fact that someone came in to the space and made something that people are praising is worth the discussion.

Take a Rolex presidential, break it down, only keep the links, remake your own version of a presidential, then try to sell it to any Jeweler or pawn shop and let us know if they consider it a Rolex.
How exactly would you remake the movement? I don’t think that is a good comparison because of how difficult that would be.

Also, nobody is trying to sell these $600 remakes or whatever on StockX lol that is completely besides the point my question really was:

Where does a custom become a fake/replica? Is replacing the OG paint where it does? Replacing swoosh/leather panels/tongue?

This is completely subjective so I was more asking if there is any grey area or if it is black/white (any customs with different parts would be considered replicas/fakes).

bro why are you so contentious in every post? its not that serious

i think i said it pretty plainly. Nightwings opinions hold enough weight for me to see what theyre about myself. that doesnt make him the authority on kicks. it doesnt make the shoes "real jordan 1s", and it doesnt make them authentic.

what it does make them is something interesting to discuss because its something many of us have been asking from the brand since the original retro and the fact that someone came in to the space and made something that people are praising is worth the discussion.
I'm contentious because I'm calling reps, reps?

16501f6cedeab9c2d0b956c8139516d3.gif

How exactly would you remake the movement? I don’t think that is a good comparison because of how difficult that would be.

Also, nobody is trying to sell these $600 remakes or whatever on StockX lol that is completely besides the point my question really was:

Where does a custom become a fake/replica? Is replacing the OG paint where it does? Replacing swoosh/leather panels/tongue?

This is completely subjective so I was more asking if there is any grey area or if it is black/white (any customs with different parts would be considered replicas/fakes).
You dudes and these semantics are killing me... Here's the definition of a replica.

an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

Based on everything you and ol boy are saying, those shoes are literally reps. What are we even arguing here?

Based on everything you and ol boy are saying, those shoes are literally reps. What are we even arguing here?
I’m not arguing with you, I literally asked the question of what is considered a replica lol

Do you consider what Shoe Surgeon does replicas if he only keeps the tooling in his customs?

you're contentious because every post you make is antagonizing a post some one else made so that you can shoe horn in the fact that you don't agree with something.
First off this is false and overly dramatic... next, I'm antagonizing you because I'm calling reps, reps? Are you feeling attacked?

The hatred ive always had with fakes was people trying to pass them off as real. Times have changed and there are people out there now that buy fakes of hyped shoes and will tell you they are fake. Which in all honesty I am not too mad at when now-a-days some reps are really good. And people are paying $150 for reps of Trav's because they just can't afford the real thing on resale but actually really like the shoe and want to wear it.

Honestly would people be ok if these high quality reps paid a licensing fee to nike/JB? If nike was like we take $100 on each pair sold and you can use the design of the Jordan 1? Does that make people morally feel better about buying them?

My take is Jordan/Nike are not being financially hurt by this as of now. If they end up seeing an issue and it starts effecting their bottom line...they will either just get their lawyers to handle it....or.....OR....they could use their huge manufacturing network and supply chain and make the same shoes (high quality Jordan 1s in OG colors) and sell them for cheaper then these artisans.
The funny thing about all of this is there is a VERY clear solution on Nike/JB’s part:

Improve the quality of the products you are releasing.

The market for these $600 AJ1s only exists because they are releasing poor quality products compared to the Air Jordan 1s they previously released in 1985.

Back
Top Bottom