Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Did anyone ever try a black lace swap on the knicks? I was always curious, but not curious enough to spend the $$$

This is just a hunch I've made, but it seems like these Jordan mids with the blank heels, special tongue tags, uniquely perforated toeboxes and raised wings are going to be called Jordan 1 Mid "Nouveau"s ("Nouveau" is French for "New"). Kind of like how there are phats or alphas of the jordan 1s, this is just another variation.

This is just a hunch I've made, but it seems like these Jordan mids with the blank heels, special tongue tags, uniquely perforated toeboxes and raised wings are going to be called Jordan 1 Mid "Nouveau"s ("Nouveau" is French for "New"). Kind of like how there are phats or alphas of the jordan 1s, this is just another variation.
perhaps you're psychic- only in reverse :wink:

from 6 days ago

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2014/01/09/air-jordan-1-mid-nouveau-year-horse-officially-unveiled/

In addition to the Jordan Melo M10 “Year of the Horse”Jordan Brand  will be celebrating the new Chinese Zodiac cycle with its new Air Jordan 1 Mid Nouveau design. Part of the “Year of the Horse” collection and shares the same Black Stallion design ethos, the Air Jordan 1 Mid Nouveau also marks an important milestone for the Jumpman organization. It was 30 years ago in 1984, that the then Nike designer Peter Moore created the Air Jordan 1, the first signature P.E. for basketball phenom Michael Jordan. In Chicago Bulls‘ team colorway of black and red (aka “BRED”), it violated the NBA  uniform code for not having a substantial amount of the color white. This prompted NBA commissioner David Stern to penalize Jordan a fine of $5000 each time he stepped into the court with his AJs.

Just like the original for 30 years ago, the Air Jordan 1 Mid Nouveau “Year of the Horse” challenges conventional design. Created on the premises of the Chinese proverb “????,????” and the Black Stallion theme, the updated AJ1 features a polished black patent leather upper with an iridescent appearance up close. And like its Jordan Melo M10 “Year of the Horse” counterpart, Air Jordan 1 Mid Nouveau “Year of the Horse” will be available through Jordan Brand retailers worldwide on Saturday, January 18.

Anyone know the proper lace length to the 7th hole? I've always laced all 9 but may have to let my tongue hang out, now that it feels like summer here

Figured I'd Share This In Here As Well......

After Literally YEARS Of Tracking Down One For Sub $300-$500, I FINALLY Found A Decent Price On This Last 1985 Satin Jacket I Needed To Complete The Duo :smokin

Really Wish Nike Would've Dropped This Jacket In A Royal Colorway As Well :smh:

:smokin

In be everyone begins their cdp hunt.

nice,and nice tongue swap I was looking for a pair of these awhile ago but could only find them in a pack and they come with some hideous 22's .still on the hunt .

& people who have them feel like they are sitting on gold too

saw a USED 1/22 listing for over box price & it didnt include shipping & he didnt want to split the pack :rofl: fools

Last edited:

saw a USED 1/22 listing for over box price & it didnt include shipping & he didnt want to split the pack
roll.gif
fools
i think it might also be that they're better off selling as a pack than individually...no one is hunting for 22's like that. 

What I will be doing to spend my day off:

Jason Markk: versatile shoe cleaner I got when I first started cleaning shoes. It works pretty well but there are plenty of other options. Also have a soft and hard scrub brush because a shoe can have soft fabrics and rubber mid and outsoles.

Rinso Magic sponge (knock off Magic Eraser): bought from the 99cenr store. AMAZING for cleaning white midsoles for your 1's. (I always get my white midsoles dirty). I used to do just use dishwashing soap and water but I scrubbed hard and it was never enough. Use that method with this magic sponge and it comes off like nothing.

Chamberlain's Leather Milk Conditioner w/applicator pad: After I'm done cleaning, going to condition and protect my leather. Also improving the quality as well. Who knows how dry they have gotten sitting not only in my house but in warehouses ever since production date. Or even the leather parts itself. Bought this from Amazon after seeing the great reviews. Even repairing scuffs and scratches (!)

If you guys want, I can take before and after pics and update you guys on some results. Its gonna be a nice day today.
laugh.gif
nice find on the leather conditioner ,let me know how it works out for you I might need a bottle

I would say a small percentage of folks are even looking for CdP 1s. They bombed then, so unless you would find a steal.... That guy would be better off cutting his losses and split the pack.

Last edited:

saw a USED 1/22 listing for over box price & it didnt include shipping & he didnt want to split the pack
roll.gif
fools
ive tried to get people to split but that was a no go
frown.gif

If I get these can anyone make them unc? I'll pay really just painting the wings white and the sides university

I got my 1/22 pack for 75...sold the xx2 for 175 last year. ..after shipping I paid like 25 for the 1 haha. I will admit I flipped a few packs I got for 100....yes 100 from footaction in 2009.

Steelogreen...if you get them I would leave them as is they are a nice rarity. ..still kicking myself I missed a pair on ebay for 100 shipped This past summer....I have the white royal and white red pairs myself and live them.

Steelogreen...if you get them I would leave them as is they are a nice rarity. ..still kicking myself I missed a pair on ebay for 100 shipped This past summer....I have the white royal and white red pairs myself and live them.

Are these type of 1s called anything different? To help with my search for them

I dont think so...i found them doing an air jordan 1 high search. If these released today of course they would have a name though haha.

those were apart of a hoh only pack if im not mistaken...there was red ,royal blue, green , yellow & unc blue

Back
Top Bottom