Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I enjoyed this thread and the UNC release thread over the weekend...always comedy on these kinds of releases :lol:

even though I went 0/12 on FLX for mens and 0/4 on FLX for GS...all with max head starts

FLX don't love me this year, I went 0/8 on Carmines as well w/ full head starts

last year I was selected for fire red IV's on three accounts with no head starts (same stores selected for Carmines)...one account was a virgin account

total was probably 0/25 cause I entered a few online

oh well

I just realized the women's laces are thinner, so that's why they changed it, stupidly. I never looked at them side by side, just ripped em out and changed them, I just thought it was a different material.

FBD7E857-FEDB-441C-A05B-A5A51EE9C241.jpeg

not to overinflate NT influence but how things go here is usually a good indicator of things to come. when actual enthusiasts move on to something else the trends tend to follow suit at some point down the line. ive said this before but it wont be like this forever

I quit buying in 08 and came back around 2015 so you’re looking at around 2027. Lol

I like the mentality of not taking it too seriously. Shoot your shot for retail on the ones you want, and then move on. I don't, however, understand the: "I want this and that shoe but can't get them, so I'm dumping my collection" mentality. It reminds me of when kids react and say: "If I have to share my brownie then I'm not having any" and storm off.

For me, I still love sneakers despite this freak'n frustrating mess of a market. I appreciate the ones I have, and enjoy them more knowing that a lot of them would be really expensive to replace now; kind of adds to the "special-ness" factor. I don't do doubles, but if I did, I'd be dumping those now in this high market. This madness just makes me slow down on copping, which is a good thing. I may pay some resell for must haves (ex. Militaries, FR3 w/ NA, WC3 w/ NA), but not paying stupid high prices; maybe $50 above retail after release, for a must have then I'm moving on....

I like the mentality of not taking it too seriously. Shoot your shot for retail on the ones you want, and then move on. I don't, however, understand the: "I want this and that shoe but can't get them, so I'm dumping my collection" mentality. It reminds me of when kids react and say: "If I have to share my brownie then I'm not having any" and storm off.

For me, I still love sneakers despite this freak'n frustrating mess of a market. I appreciate the ones I have, and enjoy them more knowing that a lot of them would be really expensive to replace now; kind of adds to the "special-ness" factor. I don't do doubles, but if I did, I'd be dumping those now in this high market. This madness just makes me slow down on copping, which is a good thing. I may pay some resell for must haves (ex. Militaries, FR3 w/ NA, WC3 w/ NA), but not paying stupid high prices; maybe $50 above retail after release, for a must have then I'm moving on....

Problem is, some of these “must haves” are going to go for way more than $50, even right after release when resell prices are at their lowest point.

I’ve waited for years for NG 1s to release but I absolutely don’t think they are worth the money they are commanding.

At the end of the day Nike/JB simply manipulate the resell market by either increasing/decreasing stock produced and making us play games IF we want to try and attain the sneakers at retail, at any given point we could just say no and back away. Lord knows most if not all of us on here have way more sneakers than we’ll ever need anyways.

Problem is, some of these “must haves” are going to go for way more than $50, even right after release when resell prices are at their lowest point.

I’ve waited for years for NG 1s to release but I absolutely don’t think they are worth the money they are commanding.

At the end of the day Nike/JB simply manipulate the resell market by either increasing/decreasing stock produced and making us play games IF we want to try and attain the sneakers at retail, at any given point we could just say no and back away. Lord knows most if not all of us on here have way more sneakers than we’ll ever need anyways.

100% agreed. Should that be the case for my "must haves", I would pass. I guess they're not must haves then after all....heh. In all honesty, I've pretty much already got my grails and WAY more, so not feeling under pressure, and can just move on....

I quit buying in 08 and came back around 2015 so you’re looking at around 2027. Lol

lol social media speeds up the rise and fall of everything. i give it a year or so. and i bet nike is already working on some marketing campaign thats going center around making more pairs of shoes and more customer access. some new trend is going to weasel its way in, interests will change, and the cycle is going to start all over. we've seen it before. Maybe the price cap is higher but its the same old cycle.

A buddy of mine went to a consignment shop this weekend that had the UNC's for sale. For some sizes they were asking for updwards of $700. Now my buddy literally buys everything he even has a pair of air mags. Even he said hes not paying the resale rate for the UNCs. when people like him start tapping out its only a matter of time.

nike knows this supply and demand thing is a dance. they also know marketing. the money theyre making today matters alot, but they also want to secure tomorrows dollar as well. at some point if the only association people have with a brand is NOT being able to get the shoes they want people are gonna stop trying and move on to the next cool thing.

Last edited:
lol social media speeds up the rise and fall of everything. i give it a year or so. and i bet nike is already working on some marketing campaign thats going center around making more pairs of shoes and more customer access. some new trend is going to weasel its way in, interests will change, and the cycle is going to start all over. we've seen it before. Maybe the price cap is higher but its the same old cycle.

A buddy of mine went to a consignment shop this weekend that had the UNC's for sale. For some sizes they were asking for updwards of $700. Now my buddy literally buys everything he even has a pair of air mags. Even he said hes not paying the resale rate for the UNCs. when people like him start tapping out its only a matter of time.

I 100% guarantee you Nike/JB is going to spin the current interest in reselling in pushing high retail prices across the board in order to produce more pairs/better quality or “remasters”/better point of sale services. I wouldn’t be surprised if this had all been planned starting from a few years back when so many retros would hit discount, even on NDC. They had to build up resell hype for the brand and this seems like the logical way of doing so.

I 100% guarantee you Nike/JB is going to spin the current interest in reselling in pushing high retail prices across the board in order to produce more pairs/better quality or “remasters”/better point of sale services. I wouldn’t be surprised if this had all been planned starting from a few years back when so many retros would hit discount, even on NDC. They had to build up resell hype for the brand and this seems like the logical way of doing so.

oh absolutely. like i said before, its a cycle. im fully expecting production is going to be pumped up as part of some "new brand strategy" that theyre going to claim is consumer focused. we saw it in 2012-2013. those plastic jordan 1s were scarce and then 4-5 years later they hit us with remastered versions of pretty much all the ones people cared about in "better" quality and they were much easier to get. market tanked for the 2013 pairs, resell wasnt terrible for the remastered pairs and the retail experience wasnt too bad either. i secured multiple pairs of breds, royals, and shadows at retail from 2016-2018. all in all scarcity has always been a short term play used to sell future pairs in abundance. its annoying as hell now but youll be able to circle back eventually and avoid the stupid prices. been doing it with yeezys for the past 2 years now. never been a better time to bargain hunt for pairs.

100% agreed. Should that be the case for my "must haves", I would pass. I guess they're not must haves then after all....heh. In all honesty, I've pretty much already got my grails and WAY more, so not feeling under pressure, and can just move on....

Yeah I mean there is a price you would pay for for every shoe you want that you either own or don’t own.

I also hate the current resell culture since it’s all primarily online now. At least during in person FCFS releases, you would talk to/meet people in your community who were copping to wear. Even people who were reselling weren’t able to skip the “line” so to speak with bot services like they do today. Hell, even backdooring, as much as it existed back then, is probably much more prevalent today since there is more financial incentive to do so.

Maybe I’m just getting old and jaded but it just seems like there are exponentially more people buying sneakers nowadays that simply don’t care at all about the shoes in terms of design, history, etc. etc. and only care about resell.

I'm glad someone notices the cycle lol. Like 2013, Nike will have to do their due-diligence in making sneakers more accessible/ harder for scripts+bots. I think with that Hebert story too, they'll definitely have to prove something to investors.
-COVID messing up procedures/manufacturing+ emphasizing online shopping.
-Terrible economy/ high unemployment.
-Lack of competition (yeezys/ Ye losing it, Last Dance, etc.)

All these things are for why releases have been a headache. Just poor numbers and decisions to make fewer numbers this year.

I'm glad someone notices the cycle lol. Like 2013, Nike will have to do their due-diligence in making sneakers more accessible/ harder for scripts+bots. I think with that Hebert story too, they'll definitely have to prove something to investors.
-COVID messing up procedures/manufacturing+ emphasizing online shopping.
-Terrible economy/ high unemployment.
-Lack of competition (yeezys/ Ye losing it, Last Dance, etc.)

All these things are for why releases have been a headache. Just poor numbers and decisions to make fewer numbers this year.

Its just the flavor of the week. ever since reselling became the new lemonade stand for suburban white kids the cycle has been in overdrive. fortunately kids have short attention spans and something new will be cool and theyll take their parents money else where until its time to buy jordan 1s again. the dust will settle at some point. if you told me 12 years ago that 11s would be over taken by 1s i wouldnt believe you even though i was buy jordan 1 mids and High straps in 2008 while everyone was buying air force 1s lol and if you told me that id be able to get VNDS turtle doves or belugas for less than $500 5 years ago i would have laughed at you and assumed them to be fake. but here we are in 2021 and both are true.

Last edited:
I have 20 ish pairs of Jordan 1's. Including most original Colorways Except BT's, UNC's, and Storm Blues. The Neutral Grey's were the shoe of the year for me paid to play on those. I still want the Syracuse dunk highs, Cool Grey 11's, and Lightning 4's. As far as 1's go I will still try for some pairs at retail but when I strike out I can easily walk away.

These new colorways aren't nearly special enough to warrant the price tags on them.

Thing is these high resale prices are happening over shorter time. I remember it took like 3 years for a Jordan 1 to cost $300-$400 resale. Now its less than a year or something.
This and online sales has made me pretty stopped from buying newer releases. I could understand a semi-hype shoe like a 1 dropping and then going for $230-$270, but now they're automatically jumping to 3 & 4 hundred. It's not sustainable, it's not smart, and more than likely the money is going to to handful of dorks stealing stock.

Sometime last year I wore my Viotech Dunks and got mad compliments in a day. That's never happened b4 w/ those b/c they're ugly. The hype for sneakers is so blatantly manufactured nowadays. It's like the Lebron 8 & 9/Foamposite era on steriods w/ more steriods.
not to overinflate NT influence but how things go here is usually a good indicator of things to come. when actual enthusiasts move on to something else the trends tend to follow suit at some point down the line. ive said this before but it wont be like this forever
Niketalk is lowkey mentioned quite often. The New Balance Thread pretty got NB1 shut down last year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom