Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

If Jordan Brand were to retro the Jeter 1s, I can see them releasing them 5 years from now in 2019 when Jeter is eligible and elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame.  But if that were the case, how come Jordan Brand didn't release a Hall of Fame edition sneaker when Jordan was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.

I have to agree with @IlluminatiNYC  that the Jeter 1s are HIGHLY unlikely to be retroed and the model will follow Jeter into retirement.

I feel as though the Jeter 1s brought out non-sneaker collectors out of the wood works and grabbed the attention of baseball fans, Yankees enthusiasts, and Jeter fans into wanting these.  Those collectors alone can easily drive up the price of the Jeter 1s.

Add to the fact that Jeter is the last of the "Core 4" to retire from the Yankees and officially end that era of Yankees history.
They did. They released two shoes.
A Six Rings and AJ1 Hall of Fame pack if i'm not mistaken.

Because the royals are seen as alternate color to the black/red 1. And it's not a retro + colorway, it's an OG colorway. There are pictures of Michael Jordan wearing the royals whether it be filming air Jordan advertisement on an air plane runway with a black and blue jumpsuit or playing basketball with randoms on a yacht. The namesake wore the shoe....

And even still black/red 1 > Royal 1

Exactly. Even though I do want the Jeter's, it's a gimmick. The only thing that really makes them sought after is the limited tag on them. If it was a GR they would sit, just like those Jeter 1 lows did.

Nobody copping Jeter 1 lows just like nobody copping black/red 1 lows.

Limited or not these would've sold very well, especially in the tri-state area.

Now can we all just change the topic already, we really need a separate thread next time, it was all good just a weeks ago :smh:

:D
If they were a GR you'd be sitting on them also. Tired of seeing you cry in every post. Hope you gotta pay that $450+ to a reseller :lol:

:lol:

You don't know my collection or 1's that I have, tyke. Many are GR's, including the Shadow's from 2009, which a lot of people slept on. I like 1's in general.

If I have to pay a reseller, I will. How much you selling for since my words get to you? :lol:

Sorry, Spanky.

Now can we all just change the topic already, we really need a separate thread next time, it was all good just a weeks ago
mean.gif
Why can't we separate it now?

First of all, I don't care about resellers. Let them do their thing. Just keep it out of here. This place isn't about reselling, it's about the love of shoes and specifically AJ 1's. I don't care how many Jeter's 1's there are or what they are going for. If you want to know, check Facebook, eBay, and Instagram. It's not that hard to find out. There is a reason why the stupid resellers get banned for posting in threads. Its not meant to be HERE.

Also, nobody lost yet because there are more to be released. The shady people just need to stop lying about numbers and resell figures. It gets old. The smart people know it's just their(resellers)devious ways of making a buck.

+1

Now can we all just change the topic already, we really need a separate thread next time, it was all good just a weeks ago :smh:

Why can't we separate it now?

Realistically, a lot of people wouldn't take the hint to make the transition and would still be in here giving us step by step delivery updates like we give a **** :lol:

Still might not be a bad idea though so that the inevitable "How much should I be looking to spend on these" posts have a home outside of this thread.

Last edited:
Because the royals are seen as alternate color to the black/red 1. And it's not a retro + colorway, it's an OG colorway. There are pictures of Michael Jordan wearing the royals whether it be filming air Jordan advertisement on an air plane runway with a black and blue jumpsuit or playing basketball with randoms on a yacht. The namesake wore the shoe....

And even still black/red 1 > Royal 1
That's exactly my point, the Royal 1s have absolutely historical relevance compared to the Bred 1s.  The only two pictures I've ever seen of Michael Jordan wearing the Royals were the ones you mentioned - one in some ad where he's wearing a black and blue jumpsuit and the other of him on a yacht.  There's no logical reason why the Royals should be worth more than the Breds other than the self-created hype by Nike and the sneakerheads who for whatever reason thirst for them.

And I agree, Bred 1s > Royals 

You guys saying you're planning to "wear" whatever shoes & don't care about the resale value...

but sure are arguing HARD as to why certain shoes should be valued so much in the aftermarket....

I. SEE. YOU.

nerd.gif

Also royals are worth more this time around because they were not originally on NDC. More of the stock for royals were also sold over seas. Making them harder to get than breds
If they were so hard to obtain, then why was I able to cop for retail easily at Jimmy Jazz and I still don't have a pair of Breds??

Not going to another thread to talk about Jeter 1's ^^^^

Conversation stays here!

and I'm sure if the demands is right and he goes to the HOF …. they will retro and make other sneakers to commemorate Him.

How many Athlete's does JB Endorse, who actually become Legends…not that many!

I would like to clear up some inconsistency from last few pages

1) Jordan never wore the royal or the black and red color way in a regulation NBA game

2) The value of the 2013 royals come from the fact that there has only 3 acceptable versions of the shoe to release, coupled with availability, compared to the breds being released roughly 8 times including the KOs.

3) There is a big possibility the Jeter will get retro'd with his HoF entrance unless they decide to give him a set of shoes like they did MJ (6rings, 2009s, and AJ1). If they're retro'ing DBs and things like Thunders then nothing is safe.

Finally I would ask that people quit the bickering, blatant resell talk, and shipping struggles. If you must please go to the appropriate Jeter thread.
Please leave this thread alone. It's normally so chill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom