Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I would of had them one way or the other. Yes, I feel very fortunate for being able to cop for retail. These being limited had nothing to do with me wanting them. Once again I can honestly care less what the numbers are. I really wish they made enough for everyone to cop. Im not going to come in this thread and hate on the resellers for doing their thing or give out false info cause I struck out like half of NT does all the time. People just need to start taking the L like a champ. Tired of all the whining grown folks do

I respect that.

Im not going to come in this thread and hate on the resellers for doing their thing or give out false info cause I struck out like half of NT does all the time. People just need to start taking the L like a champ. Tired of all the whining grown folks do

First of all, I don't care about resellers. Let them do their thing. Just keep it out of here. This place isn't about reselling, it's about the love of shoes and specifically AJ 1's. I don't care how many Jeter's 1's there are or what they are going for. If you want to know, check Facebook, eBay, and Instagram. It's not that hard to find out. There is a reason why the stupid resellers get banned for posting in threads. Its not meant to be HERE.

Also, nobody lost yet because there are more to be released. The shady people just need to stop lying about numbers and resell figures. It gets old. The smart people know it's just their(resellers)devious ways of making a buck.

Last edited:
just saw a pair of 2001 black/red pair numbered out of 6204, and i've seen pairs numbered out of 38,xxx....why the difference?

Quit trying to hype Jeter's fellas. Aside from jeter retiring what historic value do they hold? No NA, not an OG colorway? Like you do realize that those are the 2 things that drive the market value for an Air Jordan 1 right?
Can you explain to me why the Royal 1s are worth more than the Bred 1s from a historical perspective?

Can you explain to me why the Royal 1s are worth more than the Bred 1s from a historical perspective?

That is not so hard when the royals have been retroed in OG form twice (2001 & 2013) and black/red's in OG form four times (1994, 2001, 2011 Banned & 2013) and not including the ones with the jumpman on tounge and heel. In addition, royals came out in February 2013 while the Black/red's came out over 10 month's later. When the Black/red's came out the royals have a significant jump in price as the supply is drying out.

Last edited:
Also royals are worth more this time around because they were not originally on NDC. More of the stock for royals were also sold over seas. Making them harder to get than breds

Also royals are worth more this time around because they were not originally on NDC. More of the stock for royals were also sold over seas. Making them harder to get than breds

The initial resell price on the black/red's were almost equivalent to the royals. There was extremely higher demand for the Black/reds compared to the royals initially but the supply for the royals was much lower in the US.

Last edited:
That is not so hard when the royals have been retroed in OG form twice (2001 & 2013) and black/red's in OG form four times (1994, 2001, 2011 Banned & 2013) and not including the ones with the jumpman on tounge and heel. In addition, royals came out in February 2013 while the Black/red's came out over 10 month's later. When the Black/red's came out the royals have a significant jump in price as the supply is drying out.
So from a "historical" perspective, the Royals are worth more simply due to Nike's production and release factors, which have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Breds were the shoes that Michael Jordan actually wore for basketball (thus the "banned" model).
More limited, harder to obtain.

Thats the only reason fam
So based on the above, wouldn't it make sense that the Jeters, which were released in THREE stores in the entire country (two of which are in NYC) and online from NDC only, might mean that they could potentially have high resell value like the Royals?  Keep in mind, unlike the  Royals or Breds, I highly doubt that you'll ever see the Jeters retroed since he's retiring and there would be no reason for Nike to re-release them.

That being said, I'm not trying to hype up the Jeters for purposes of resell value - I copped a pair of both the NYC and the Jeters and plan on keeping them both. I just think those who are knocking the potential value of the Jeters (regardless of what you think of the player or the shoes) are simply doing so because (a) they didn't get a pair and are salty, or (b) their notion of "historical" value is complete BS.

Just from a collector's perspective, I don't see how anyone can say the Jeters don't have potential long term value.

Last edited:
So from a "historical" perspective, the Royals are worth more simply due to Nike's production and release factors, which have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Breds were the shoes that Michael Jordan actually wore for basketball (thus the "banned" model).

So based on the above, wouldn't it make sense that the Jeters, which were released in THREE stores in the entire country (two of which are in NYC) and online from NDC only, might mean that they could potentially have high resell value like the Royals?  Keep in mind, unlike the  Royals or Breds, I highly doubt that you'll ever see the Jeters retroed since he's retiring and there would be no reason for Nike to re-release them.

That being said, I'm not trying to hype up the Jeters for purposes of resell value - I copped a pair of both the NYC and the Jeters and plan on keeping them both. I just think those who are knocking the potential value of the Jeters (regardless of what you think of the player or the shoes) are simply doing so because (a) they didn't get a pair and are salty, or (b) their notion of "historical" value is complete BS.

Just from a collector's perspective, I don't see how anyone can say the Jeters don't have potential long term value.

Amen!

Couldnt of said it any better sir

You forgot (c)...

Just don't give a **** about all that noise 
laugh.gif

If Jordan Brand were to retro the Jeter 1s, I can see them releasing them 5 years from now in 2019 when Jeter is eligible and elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame.  But if that were the case, how come Jordan Brand didn't release a Hall of Fame edition sneaker when Jordan was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2009.

I have to agree with @IlluminatiNYC  that the Jeter 1s are HIGHLY unlikely to be retroed and the model will follow Jeter into retirement.

I feel as though the Jeter 1s brought out non-sneaker collectors out of the wood works and grabbed the attention of baseball fans, Yankees enthusiasts, and Jeter fans into wanting these.  Those collectors alone can easily drive up the price of the Jeter 1s.

Add to the fact that Jeter is the last of the "Core 4" to retire from the Yankees and officially end that era of Yankees history.

Because the royals are seen as alternate color to the black/red 1. And it's not a retro + colorway, it's an OG colorway. There are pictures of Michael Jordan wearing the royals whether it be filming air Jordan advertisement on an air plane runway with a black and blue jumpsuit or playing basketball with randoms on a yacht. The namesake wore the shoe....

And even still black/red 1 > Royal 1

Because the royals are seen as alternate color to the black/red 1. And it's not a retro + colorway, it's an OG colorway. There are pictures of Michael Jordan wearing the royals whether it be filming air Jordan advertisement on an air plane runway with a black and blue jumpsuit or playing basketball with randoms on a yacht. The namesake wore the shoe....

Exactly. Even though I do want the Jeter's, it's a gimmick. The only thing that really makes them sought after is the limited tag on them. If it was a GR they would sit, just like those Jeter 1 lows did.

:D
Exactly. Even though I do want the Jeter's, it's a gimmick. The only thing that really makes them sought after is the limited tag on them. If it was a GR they would sit, just like those Jeter 1 lows did.

If they were a GR you'd be sitting on them also. Tired of seeing you cry in every post. Hope you gotta pay that $450+ to a reseller :lol:

That doesnt explain why the royals are worth MORE than the black/reds sir. If anything the black/reds should be worth more because the history behind them.

Back
Top Bottom