Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Legit had no idea those Kawhi’s were selling for that much until I saw you all talking about it.

Bought them the week after they came out while on vacation in LA. Just pulled them out and the price tags still on them. Last size 11 just sold for almost $3,500 :wow:
00DD0793-07DD-4A4C-A33F-62E0524D4C6F.jpeg
Sell while the madness is high

Damn that’s sick I can’t believe the value on those 1’s. Even if you got it like that, you HAVE to feel some type of way after you drop $3,000 on some Nike sneakers

As a matter of fact, yes you can. He has final say of what goes to production.
Is this really the case? We all have our issues with the guy, but I’d love to know what actually goes into his job, what are his responsibilities, and what control does he truly have autonomy over. The way we talk about him, he’s the first word and the final word. You could be totally right, I’d just love to know for certain the actual machinations of his position.

I get they have to push the envelope when it comes to design, but you mean to tell me nobody on the design team looked at those SBB 3.0s and thought, "Damn, maybe this isn't a good idea" ?

I get they have to push the envelope when it comes to design, but you mean to tell me nobody on the design team looked at those SBB 3.0s and thought, "Damn, maybe this isn't a good idea" ?
Maybe someone did. I’d like to think that I would if I was in those rooms. But with any money making business, where the mission is to make money, I doubt that they make any pairs if they didn’t think that they’d make money. Also, with the way business hierarchies can be, and manufacturing processes, people that had an issue might’ve not been able to say anything, and they could’ve had the plan for these far in the pipeline without the ability to reverse course. Regardless of the reason, these are still not the move IMO. Not a 0 out of 10, but no more than a 3 out of 10.

Maybe someone did. I’d like to think that I would if I was in those rooms. But with any money making business, where the mission is to make money, I doubt that they make any pairs if they didn’t think that they’d make money. Also, with the way business hierarchies can be, and manufacturing processes, people that had an issue might’ve not been able to say anything, and they could’ve had the plan for these far in the pipeline without the ability to reverse course. Regardless of the reason, these are still not the move IMO. Not a 0 out of 10, but no more than a 3 out of 10.

I still think it’s worth pointing out that we don’t even necessarily know if they’re going with this for the full production run. So far, we’ve seen two leather versions (sail outsole and black outsole), a normal patent version, and this high gloss overlay (I’m 90% sure it’s not patent because I don’t think it’s possible to get visible grain/texture to show with the way patent leather is made).

I still think it’s worth pointing out that we don’t even necessarily know if they’re going with this for the full production run. So far, we’ve seen two leather versions (sail outsole and black outsole), a normal patent version, and this high gloss overlay (I’m 90% sure it’s not patent because I don’t think it’s possible to get visible grain/texture to show with the way patent leather is made).

Wait, where are the other versions? I mean, I know there were photoshop mockups but are there actual shoes of the other pairs?

There was a pair with a black outsole? As far as I know, the only picture of the actual shoe inhand and on feet are those SBB 3.0s with an entirely sail outsole and crinkled patent leather.

Is this really the case? We all have our issues with the guy, but I’d love to know what actually goes into his job, what are his responsibilities, and what control does he truly have autonomy over. The way we talk about him, he’s the first word and the final word. You could be totally right, I’d just love to know for certain the actual machinations of his position.

He’s VP of footwear for JB. His duties consist of green lighting every single release and having final say on that product. He has always had creative control and because of his previous sales success his first time running things, nobody at JB would really need to second guess him. He’s never cared for accuracies in shape or materials. He single handily took Nike Air off of every model that had it. The only reason we currently have it now is because he left. It’s only a matter of time before he wrecks what a lot of us have enjoyed over the past few years.

His sales success with JB?
Hindsight is 20/20, but I think JB sales would've done well with or without him.

Back
Top Bottom