Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I coulda swore Nike was gonna drop the Chi 2's on us for the holidays of this year since we got a nice flow of 2's in the beginning and toward the middle of this year.

Those and the maroon 6's are on the back of milk cartons everywhere. Like JB makes no sense even when they try

With all of the rumors, industry leaks, etc, it's hard to sometimes tell what is releasing (Pantone 11s, All Red 11s, Gold 11s, Black Cat 4s, Lightning 4s, Nike Air BC3s, etc).

I, personally, think Nike flubbed he Chicago 1 release due to the tongue and branding. Every OG and new color way had it following that release. Maybe it was too late in the manufacturing process. But it definitely stuck out like a sore thumb since the Knicks released the same day.

With all of the rumors, industry leaks, etc, it's hard to sometimes tell what is releasing (Pantone 11s, All Red 11s, Gold 11s, Black Cat 4s, Lightning 4s, Nike Air BC3s, etc).

I, personally, think Nike flubbed he Chicago 1 release due to the tongue and branding. Every OG and new color way had it following that release. Maybe it was too late in the manufacturing process. But it definitely stuck out like a sore thumb since the Knicks released the same day.
Yea I never understood why they jumpmanmed the Chi 1s and NAed all the others. I mean of all colorways why the 2013 Chi 1s get snubbed? There hasn't even been a jumpmanned up AJ1 High drop since them either. I believe.

I think it had something to do with the whole thing they had with the 1's in 2013. Their was a set that was gonna be dubbed "Since '85" and another set that was gonna be "Established '85". I think the since 85 pairs were gonna be OG branded and the established '85 were gonna be jumpman branded. The chicago's lead the pack for jumpman and the royals lead the pack for OG branded. Somewhere along the lines the plans were scrapped and Nike just said we're gonna ride this OG branded hype because it's huge right now ( Nike R&D lurks here and I promise you they saw the chaos all over the interwebs for royals and especially on here) this is just my hypothesis but it kinda makes sense when you look at the material and liner for the royals and Knicks, the first 2 OG branded colorways that dropped last year and the relative drop in quality amongst the other OG branded models. I don't think it was Nike's intention to start pumping out the OG branded colorways like that and some might've been meant to be jumpman branded....

Eh

That's my exact take on it as well, because they indeed didn't do too many more Jumpman-branded highs after that, just "OG" Hi's and mids/Nouveau mids.

Or maybe JB didn't want to give us the all the Chicoago OG cws and keep 1 in the vault to keep us waiting like the maroon 6s

I have the second pair of "Bred" mids they released last year. In hindsight, I wish I never bought them. Probably should've copped some SBs instead.

How do you guys feels about the mid jordan 1s? or do you guys only rock with the highs?

A dope shoe's a dope shoe.

Even though my pair is virtually unworn, I would like to see those new love 1's come back out...but this time as an OG high! :smokin

I'm thinking of getting some black toes and swapping the tounge out with my highlight reel ones
You should swap the tongues then buy some angelus leather paint and make breds out of them. I've been wanting to do that but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Black toes would make the perfect base shoe

Yea I never understood why they jumpmanmed the Chi 1s and NAed all the others. I mean of all colorways why the 2013 Chi 1s get snubbed? There hasn't even been a jumpmanned up AJ1 High drop since them either. I believe.

its JB logic

they arent the smartest people, ya know?

Lol, jb is pretty smart actually. Why play your trump card when you have so many cards to deal? Like the new batman series over the old. Back in the day it was Joker right away and then see if we should go forward. Now the movies are part of one big vision. I think the chicagos were made that way to allow for higher production numbers. The knicks were probably being made around the same time and i doubt they were that blind. All the og 1 cw's were fan favorites back in the day while the chicagoes are the ones with true mass appeal. Its like all the other cw's were android phones and the chicagos were iphones.

they really are marketing geniouses.... we are all just pawns in their game lol every step, flaw or mistake we think they make is all orchestrated - it's actually really sick

Lol, jb is pretty smart actually. Why play your trump card when you have so many cards to deal? Like the new batman series over the old. Back in the day it was Joker right away and then see if we should go forward. Now the movies are part of one big vision. I think the chicagos were made that way to allow for higher production numbers. The knicks were probably being made around the same time and i doubt they were that blind. All the og 1 cw's were fan favorites back in the day while the chicagoes are the ones with true mass appeal. Its like all the other cw's were android phones and the chicagos were iphones.

Black/ red = iPhone

Chicago = Android

Yeah but iphones are so lame and boring cause everyone either wants one or has one. Then again that applies more probably 3 to 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom