Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's not just the filter though with a lot of these releases we look at them on our feet but ignore the fit as a whole. I think they would look really good with fits if you leave the swoosh as an accent and dont try to be matchy-match(something a lot of yall older cats dig on) like they work really well with the use of the neutral color aesthetic. Seeing the SI's and a fit altogether works really well. That's me though.

Also do they really feel like mids? I had them in hand gauging them and they felt like all other tumble releases from 18' aside from the hypers. Is it the fact that it's all tumble and a colorway you dont dig on that makes you think "ew midlike quality"

Also do they really feel like mids? I had them in hand gauging them and they felt like all other tumble releases from 18' aside from the hypers. Is it the fact that it's all tumble and a colorway you dont dig on that makes you think "ew midlike quality"
When I first held my Unions, I was waiting to blown away by the materials because of how everyone hyped them up as being a top 2 or 3 high OG quality wise. They felt almost identical to my black toes which is pretty stiff compared to my Shattereds. I feel like I got GOT. They feel pretty cheap compared to what I was expecting.

When I first held my Unions, I was waiting to blown away by the materials because of how everyone hyped them up as being a top 2 or 3 high OG quality wise. They felt almost identical to my black toes which is pretty stiff compared to my Shattereds. I feel like I got GOT. They feel pretty cheap compared to what I was expecting.

Image and lore is everything. Me and my friends did this experiment where we had multiple variables in different settings and we chose a select amount of people to answer wrong and be very adamant about their obviously wrong choice. While the others were the test subjects. We found that like 3-4 outta 10 people would also subconciously pick the wrong answer due to the influence of the people who chose the wrong answer. It was basic stuff too like clear visibles of graph bars and shapes. Interesting observation and I know that's how it is with people and sneakers, fashion, anything really.

Image and lore is everything. Me and my friends did this experiment where we had multiple variables in different settings and we chose a select amount of people to answer wrong and be very adamant about their obviously wrong choice. While the others were the test subjects. We found that like 3-4 outta 10 people would also subconciously pick the wrong answer due to the influence of the people who chose the wrong answer. It was basic stuff too like clear visibles of graph bars and shapes. Interesting observation and I know that's how it is with people and sneakers, fashion, anything really.
Very interesting. I've noticed it so much over the last several years and especially in the AJ1 threads.

Favoritos

20190206_005459.jpg

There are actually people that are that stupid on here lol. Probably the same ones that think a $160 shoe is made up of "high quality" and non synthetic materials.

Tell me more about stupid people......

I own them (Star is Borns), and they feel like they are made of crap materials. If the black was the “typical” black, I’d be fine. But it’s some kind of rough faux-cardboard material. And the white leather is also a definite step down from the standard white bits from recent releases.

But I suppose they are what they are: a discounted GR.

Last edited:

Excellent point and great experiment! Nowadays, trends and hype take precedence over personal preference. That’s one of the reasons I love NT’ers, you guys won’t hesitate to call kicks trash or heat, regardless of how many pages a thread gets, keeping it a buck!

I'm all in on the Turbo Greens...That's going to be my first 1 of the year. The writing on the side is a lil corny but I can look past it cause I like everything else on the shoe.

I own them (Star is Borns), and they feel like they are made of crap materials. If the black was the “typical” black, I’d be fine. But it’s some kind of rough faux-cardboard material. And the white leather is also a definite step down from the standard white bits from recent releases.

But I suppose they are what they are: a discounted GR.
I own them too but mine don’t feel like cardboard. The black part is different but it def isnt like the mids. The sail leather really isn’t different from the other pairs to me either. Idk I just don’t feel or see the striking difference. I can see not liking the cw but the make up of the shoe isn’t that different. Did you get a bad pair?

Overhyped because somehow people love Patent 1s made for women only all of a sudden.......
this sounds ASSinine (as usual coming from you). u always imply ppl coming at u for no reason, but its bc of the stupid **** u say CONSISTENTLY and u often come across like a little hype beast teenager, which is why dude told u your whole NT existence is meaningless and pretty much everyone agreed. there is a reason the majority feels this way about u. there is a reason u always complain of members "coming at u." its bc if YOU!

why u sound so mad. what does it matter that blue chill 1s are labeled women's? NO ONE would think it's a womens shoe if not for the label "womens." and we have liked PL on Js since '95 so theres that. I may have to use the ignore button for the 1st time in my 12 year nt career on you. :lol:

this sounds ASSinine (as usual coming from you). u always imply ppl coming at u for no reason, but its bc of the stupid **** u say CONSISTENTLY and u often come across like a little hype beast teenager, which is why dude told u your whole NT existence is meaningless and pretty much everyone agreed. there is a reason the majority feels this way about u. there is a reason u always complain of members "coming at u." its bc if YOU!

why u sound so mad. what does it matter that blue chill 1s are labeled women's? NO ONE would think it's a womens shoe if not for the label "womens." and we have liked PL on Js since '95 so theres that. I may have to use the ignore button for the 1st time in my 12 year nt career on you. :lol:

You take this way too personal :lol:

I’ve seen you give plenty of opinions on certain shoes, and diss the **** out of them... that’s what we do here. We like some. We dislike some. Get off my **** already.

Back
Top Bottom