Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Unc>turbo greens
And it’s not even close
Don’t get me wrong I like the turbo greens and will go after them
But if strikeout no biggie

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-unc-release-reminder-1.jpg
air-jordan-1-turbo-green-555088-311-7.jpg

I just know if I get em I'll never really get around to wearing them as they should. If I do get the turbos though, they are going straight into beater status lol my "dgaf" shoes as I'm painting and doing other things. My "this adds character" shoes.
I'm having 2nd thoughts on these turbos now. I love the CW but them grandma wrinkle leather got me like...
giphy.gif

Haven't been on here since the Spidermans in December, what's the deal on the unc patent leathers.. Hard cop??

Personally, I like the Turbo Greens because I’ve always loved 1s that use the UNC style color blocking. Besides the the UNCs and the Kentuckys (AKA Storm Blues), I can't think of 1s that use this one color (overlay and swoosh) on white style blocking. I wish we had more 1s from time to time using this style. I know someone’s gonna be a stickler and mention that technically the TGs have a grey outsole and use sail/off white, but close enough and you catch my drift. It makes since that these get compared to the UNCs, they do look like a super weathered UNC. Like the blue has changed/aged into a greenish hue, the outsole has damn near faded away, and oxidation has messed up the tongue tag into a weird purple and yellow.

Ultimately though, I’m in on the TGs. Love the blocking and the shade of blue/green used. IMO they’d be pretty perfect without the writing on the side panel, but it’s not that big of an issue for me. Also, unless the materials literally make them unwearable (comfort wise or durability wise), I’m not tripping. Who wouldn’t want all their shoes to be top notch quality? These’ll go nice next to my UNCs and Kentuckys.

As for the women’s Patent UNCs, I’m good. Not really a fan of patent on my 1s (though I have the Gold Toes, gold shoe with patent kind of just goes together in my mind), and though it’s close, I’d rather if the obsidian navy was actually midnight navy. That might be minor for most, but having kicks that have been both midnight and obsidian, I prefer the shade of midnight over obsidian. Most navy clothing and things are more so midnight than obsidian, and having an obsidian shoe just throws me off. Just a peeve of mine. Not a bad shoe, but not for me personally.

Back
Top Bottom