Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
exposed foam tongues? the black toebox kinda reminds me of rare airs

IMG_20190117_103507.jpg

Its not regional, after living in New Orleans and now LA, I've still not had glitter issues. Those two cities could not have more opposite climates. But I've always kept them in flip-top boxes (same company that makes the drop-front boxes, but the drop fronts snap off after a few months so I've now replaced all of them. Tip: don't buy the drop fronts, buy the flip tops) and I wear my pairs frequently...

My theory is that cardboard retains moisture and any humidity will be trapped in the boxes, which can lead to one of two things possibly happening: (1) it causes "salt efflorescence" to happen, which is somewhat common for certain leathers and natural; or (2) in other cases, its mold that has developed on the cardboard of the box and migrated to the shoes.

Nah still glitters when worn and not kept in the box. Nice theory about “salt efflorescence” tho.

which came first, the chicken or the egg?......and why do some jordan 1s develop glitter?

the 2 biggest mysteries of life

my guess is that these glitter 1s are located in areas with poorer air quality. That glitter is most likely dust particles floating around.

located in the bay area and none of my 20+ 1s have any glitter on them

my guess is that these glitter 1s are located in areas with poorer air quality. That glitter is most likely dust particles floating around.

Not true. It happens no matter how you store them and regardless of air quality. Try again lol

then there would be dust on the jordans...not glitter. i doubt its based on dust in the air. humidity maybe.

it seems like every theory we come up with, somebody comes along and debunks it.

I’ve left my banned 1s on the floor in cold temperature out of box for months. It Doesn’t stop sparkle development.

Stock has an 11 up

retail or bust for me tho

Women's 11, not men's. Dunno why other dude was expecting it...it's been announced as a women's release for some time now.

Can someone clear this up for me please. On the Unions 1s specifically the left shoe, is the wings logo supposed to touch the stitching? I’m seeing posts in the Union thread of both that ppl are saying they’re legit.

Normal. Lots of pairs are like this

I soap/water brush my breds at least once a week whether i see glitter or not, worn or not, just a hobby at this point, but I will say I’ve had little to no glitter

Dust particles? No man, that aint it.. I live in Bay Area and have other friends here as well and all our 1's get glittered. Might want to go take another look at your 1's. Whatever it is, seems to be organic.

Besides, our air here is crap anyway.

Poorer air quality?! Dust particles?! Come on man we’re raised smarter out here in the bay :lol:

Back
Top Bottom