Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It doesn't matter to me if its tumbled. The OG's weren't tumbled. I just want good stuff, not plasticky crap that forms glitter.

Then you should stop buying any black based 1s from here on out if they're on your list. Also I'll say this 100 times the sbb black parts aren't as bad as people make em out to be forreal. Let's talk about quality woes when they release an og with mid top quality or white air force one 07' quality. Or the dreaded 2013 Chicago quality.

Never gets old.

Attachments

• 60F677D0-A136-4746-BEEF-E435A6FAD2E4.jpeg
    60F677D0-A136-4746-BEEF-E435A6FAD2E4.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 57
Chi's will not retro any time soon, they just went through the whole remaster og line up. Why would they start it all over again when it just ended and? Not to mention they are doing these spidey crystal joints, earliest id say is 2023 but what do i know....

Chi's will not retro any time soon, they just went through the whole remaster og line up. Why would they start it all over again when it just ended and? Not to mention they are doing these spidey crystal joints, earliest id say is 2023 but what do i know....
What else would they do?

Oh really? Then you compare the Not For Resale black leather to the SBB black leather and tell me which is better. It's quite obvious.

Dont have em and dont care, you still trippin over something that's still pretty damn decent compared to what we were getting just 2 years prior to when the SBB released. Yo, if those NFR pairs glitter are you still gonna trip and be mad? Or if your unions start glittering are you gonna be like "these are trash!"

you can tell what material is going to catch the glit though

Pretty much any smooth black based 1s and I feel when it comes to the glitter issue, if one wears them more frequently, ditches the box, and applies a conditioner and wipes them than it becomes insignificantly noticeable to nonexistent. Unless, I have gotten a good pair every time and that's why I've only suffered from glitter once.

I kind of feel like the glitter comes from the fingers of the worker assembling them. It might be a glove, could be some kind of crazy sauce the put on their hands to clean them or glue

Im pretty sure the weather and packaging has nothing to do with it. Mine are completely immaculate and have spent 99 percent of their existence in that box. More than likely its a specific factory that spit them out like that.

Last edited:
What else would they do?
Thats a good question, hopefully we get some metallics, or they can go the bred color-blocking route like those SBB 3.0's, plus the usual trash gimmicky hyped throw ins throughout the year, add a sprinkle of Gentry and there you go, another year in 1's

Both are unworn.

therein lies your issue it's like the black leather on the b/reds people called them trash but they just weren't wearing them enough than that's when it starts breaking in and soffteneing and you get a natural wearing/tumbled effect. The reason yours feel like "trash" is because you havent even taken them for a walk and that's also why they wil continually be hit with glitter.

you still trippin over something that's still pretty damn decent compared to what we were getting just 2 years prior to when the SBB released.

Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about. Comments like this prove you are lost. Vegas 1's are a pair they put better leather on than SBB and I can name more but there's no sense. It just makes your comment look stupid. You think it's fine and I don't. Shadow's and NFR's prove they can do better. We'll leave it at that.

I'm just a skeptic and as tonytobacco tonytobacco pointed out he had to go through pairs to find Shadows with a leather ankle collar. However, it would be beyond dumb for Nike to market these as genuine-full grain- pigskin leather but sell fake leather. Isn't it just a running joke that these are fake leather anyway :lol:
I’ve only ever seen them marketed as “genuine leather,” which is the lowest grade of leather

Thats a good question, hopefully we get some metallics, or they can go the bred color-blocking route like those SBB 3.0's, plus the usual trash gimmicky hyped throw ins throughout the year, add a sprinkle of Gentry and there you go, another year in 1's
I forgot about the potential of a year of black based 1 colorways

therein lies your issue it's like the black leather on the b/reds people called them trash but they just weren't wearing them enough than that's when it starts breaking in and soffteneing and you get a natural wearing/tumbled effect. The reason yours feel like "trash" is because you havent even taken them for a walk and that's also why they wil continually be hit with glitter.
The thing is though, I can tell the chicagos and shadows (which are very similar sans collar unless youre unlucky) are made from a higher grade cut of whatever it is they use without ever wearing them. Its more plush and will break in more attractively than the obvious corner cutting black trim they use on most. Its the same material that is on my clays. It bends, the other stuff creases.

And not a speck of glitter btw. The second I see 1 iota of a glit theyre going on ebay pronto

Dude, you don't even know what you're talking about. Comments like this prove you are lost. Vegas 1's are a pair they put better leather on than SBB and I can name more but there's no sense. It just makes your comment look stupid. You think it's fine and I don't. Shadow's and NFR's prove they can do better. We'll leave it at that.

09's that were good: Vegas, Shadow, and in 2011 we got the banned b/reds. Look at all the other pair's that released and tell me how they'd fair? My DMP's and DTRT's are nowhere near the qualitty of my SBB Black Leather I know exactly what I'm talking about. Hell do you remember the Anodized pairs? These monstrosities? There were tons more with sh*tty material aside from those exceptional 3.

011336_01.jpg

The thing is though, I can tell the chicagos and shadows (which are very similar sans collar unless youre unlucky) are made from a higher grade cut of whatever it is they use without ever wearing them. Its more plush and will break in more attractively than the obvious corner cutting black trim they use on most. Its the same material that is on my clays. It bends, the other stuff creases.

Wear your SBB's for a week straight and tell me how they feel lol

I’ve only ever seen them marketed as “genuine leather,” which is the lowest grade of leather
I think youre confused, hes talking about the specific SBB leather. Id imagine most of it is genuine leather. Stuff like the unions are prob full grain.

what they used on the chicagos/shadows/uncs is clearly different from what they use on most of the rest aside from the occasional fancy tumbled parts.

Back
Top Bottom