Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
i've been wearing my chi's more often lately....and i can't say that i've ever seen a pair of 2015s "in the wild" before.

pretty sure i've seen all the other OG remastereds at some point....if i see 1s out in public, theyre more often than not, one of the "colored-toes"

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG
Color: Neutral Grey/Hyper Crimson-White-Black
Style Code: 555088-018
Release Date: January 16, 2019
Price: $160
Air-Jordan-1-Neutral-Grey-Hyper-Crimson-Black-555088-018-Release-Date.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Neutral-Grey-Hyper-Crimson-Black-555088-018-Release-Date-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Neutral-Grey-Hyper-Crimson-Black-555088-018-Release-Date-2.jpg

It amazes me that Nike/JB ostensibly paid someone to design these.

Last edited:
What's your source on that. Jordan 1s are usually described by Nike as having 'genuine leather' but I'm often skeptical.
jordan-logo.jpg

# 555088-005
Premium Pigskin Upper
Black/Starfish-sail
Shattered Backboard Colorway
Limited Edition
Afew Exclusive Re-Release

139.95€

The Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG „Shattered Backboard“ was released in June 2015 by Nike. The Shattered Backboard Colorway pays homage to the legendary exhibition game, which was held in the summer of 1985 in Italy. In this game MJ wore a black/orange jersey and was able to shatter the backboard with his powerful dunk.

The shoe is just inspired by the jersey and is made of premium pigskin leather, which makes the upper super soft. On the tongue the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Shattered Backboard” of course features the OG Nike Air Logo.

jordan-logo.jpg

# 555088-005
Premium Pigskin Upper
Black/Starfish-sail
Shattered Backboard Colorway
Limited Edition
Afew Exclusive Re-Release

139.95€

The Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG „Shattered Backboard“ was released in June 2015 by Nike. The Shattered Backboard Colorway pays homage to the legendary exhibition game, which was held in the summer of 1985 in Italy. In this game MJ wore a black/orange jersey and was able to shatter the backboard with his powerful dunk.

The shoe is just inspired by the jersey and is made of premium pigskin leather, which makes the upper super soft. On the tongue the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “Shattered Backboard” of course features the OG Nike Air Logo.
So when Nike markets a shoe as genuine leather it shouldn't be argued. Shadows are described as full grain leather as an example.

What's your source on that. Jordan 1s are usually described by Nike as having 'genuine leather' but I'm often skeptical.
Nike has to make full disclosure of all of the materials that are used on each shoe that they export into the EU, if they were to lie then they’d be fined out the ***. I always mention this to NT doubters and yet it’s still getting questioned. There’s a sticker on the insole of each EU pair that discloses the materials...and pleather would not be disclosed as leather/animal hide.

Nike has to make full disclosure of all of the materials that are used on each shoe that they export into the EU, if they were to lie then they’d be fined out the ***. I always mention this to NT doubters and yet it’s still getting questioned. There’s a sticker on the insole of each EU pair that discloses the materials...and pleather would not be disclosed as leather/animal hide.
I'm just a skeptic and as tonytobacco tonytobacco pointed out he had to go through pairs to find Shadows with a leather ankle collar. However, it would be beyond dumb for Nike to market these as genuine-full grain- pigskin leather but sell fake leather. Isn't it just a running joke that these are fake leather anyway :lol:

I wasn't even talking about those 2013 Chicago atrocities, but the black on the SBB is nothing to write home about.

The 13's are more akin to Fisher price plastic

The black leather is actually pretty good on the SBB. I think it's just feeling the sail and orange parts and then switching over to the black parts may make one think it's terrible. One thing to consider is that if tumble was never in the mix for the remaster 1's and it was like regular style would you say and feel the same way about the black parts and all other non-tumbled retrospectives regarding quality.

nah dude, the plastic is on the collar and lace holes, not the toe.

Also, I forgot to send you that Pelicans logo. Was that you?

The 13's are more akin to Fisher price plastic

The black leather is actually pretty good on the SBB. I think it's just feeling the sail and orange parts and then switching over to the black parts may make one think it's terrible. One thing to consider is that if tumble was never in the mix for the remaster 1's and it was like regular style would you say and feel the same way about the black parts and all other non-tumbled retrospectives regarding quality.

It doesn't matter to me if its tumbled. The OG's weren't tumbled. I just want good stuff, not plasticky crap that forms glitter.

How am I crazy? Key words are True OG Form. Chicagos have been done correctly 3 times total, OGs, 94s, 2015s. OGs have been vaulted until further notice, and Spidermans are dropping this year. A lot of things pointing at no, it's not happening anytime soon.

I hope you're here when they drop. It won't be in 5 years, it will be much sooner.

Back
Top Bottom