Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
DtY-k_pWsAAnzLC.jpg

DtYSBAdW0AA-qjq.jpg

That toe box is bugging me now lol. I think I was excited about finding a pair that I neglected to consider the mis matched boxes

Put up a wanted ad on the FB group Im in and had one reply. These banneds were it.

What to do? Anyone here with sz9 banneds DS or worn?

You should really ask yourself if the mismatched toe box bothers YOU.
If you buy sight unseen on StockX you may have other cosmetic issues.
Nike has very inconsistent qc.
Might be better for you if you go to a shop and look at what they have.
Don’t spend 500 if you think you’ll be unhappy with them.

You should really ask yourself if the mismatched toe box bothers YOU.
If you buy sight unseen on StockX you may have other cosmetic issues.
Nike has very inconsistent qc.
Might be better for you if you go to a shop and look at what they have.
Don’t spend 500 if you think you’ll be unhappy with them.

That’s what I was thinking of as well if I grabbed a pair off stockx. Toe boxes could come in looking the same and paying more for them. The $500 price point isn’t too bad. Don’t want tomoy more for them.

Bruh don't think too much about it. Any 1 with tumbled leather has different panels with different textures. If you liked em already don't sweat it. This forum will have you OCD af.

So true lol. I just fear that the one toe box is gonna wear uglier than the other. But the price isn’t too bad. Damn

You buying them to wear them or watch them?

Robotech>>>>

Definitely wear bro.

That’s what I was thinking of as well if I grabbed a pair off stockx. Toe boxes could come in looking the same.

So true lol. I just fear that the one toe box is gonna wear uglier than the other.

B/reds are tanks and if you wear them enough both the toeboxes will have a similar aesthetic one will just be less tumbled and yeah the con with stockx is that you dont know what the seller is selling if theres any defects that may be worse. Like @bashmilk got a pair of rotys off stockx with a noticeable chunk missing from the sail panel.

Decided I’m gonna keep the black laces in a Chicago-based color way, strictly for my Chicagos. That’s the only Chicago-based colorway 1 I have anyways. Therefore, I’m gonna take the sail laces from my Hyper Royals (was always gonna just go with the blue laces), put them in my ROYs, and use the black laces from my ROYs for my BT Unions when they arrive. Never would’ve thought of putting white, or sail in this case, laces in these, but gotta give a shoutout to 0takusamsay 0takusamsay for the inspiration.

Decided I’m gonna keep the black laces in a Chicago-based color way, strictly for my Chicagos. That’s the only Chicago-based colorway 1 I have anyways. Therefore, I’m gonna take the sail laces from my Hyper Royals (was always gonna just go with the blue laces), put them in my ROYs, and use the black laces from my ROYs for my BT Unions when they arrive. Never would’ve thought of putting white, or sail in this case, laces in these, but gotta give a shoutout to 0takusamsay 0takusamsay for the inspiration.

Thanks for the shoutout brodie! I absolutely think sail laces are the best in any Chi style colorblocking. Something about em just sets it off proper.

Thanks for the shoutout brodie! I absolutely think sail laces are the best in any Chi style colorblocking. Something about em just sets it off proper.

For my 1s, I’ve always been a “laces same color as the tongue” type of vibe, with the only exception being Chis and Chi-based colorways, where black laces just makes sense due to that’s how MJ rocked them. Did he ever rock the Chis with anything other than black laces? But your Chi customs definitely look dope, and I wanna switch it up for my ROYs. Also, no need to buy new black laces for my Unions, so it’s a win win.

For my 1s, I’ve always been a “laces same color as the tongue” type of vibe, with the only exception being Chis and Chi-based colorways, where black laces just makes sense due to that’s how MJ rocked them. Did he ever rock the Chis with anything other than black laces? But your Chi customs definitely look dope, and I wanna switch it up for my ROYs. Also, no need to buy new black laces for my Unions, so it’s a win win.

He wore the chi's with red and white laces as well.

I can’t track my union order lol, did it show on my choice eventually for y’all?

Back
Top Bottom