Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
zzzz....the upper from the react 87 has been used well before the react 87, I understand he posted that in the picture, but it's not the originator of that type of upper. It just looks like one of their ACG shoes, gaiter and komyuter come to mind.

gaiter-mens-boot-vVLDWD.jpg

komyuter-mens-shoe-nqZj4R.jpg
I love the komyuters
are they pronounced commuters?

Via Frank cooker. So they took flyknit 1s and threw the epic react 87 outer shell on them and took away the swoosh. It's not too bad of a look but what are y'all thoughts?
20180821_192005.jpg 20180821_192020.jpg

“Not too bad of look”? These look like something a blind person designed (not trying to offend blind people by comparing them to JB’s designers). I REALLY want to know what they’re smoking over there in Beverton, this is honestly pathetic and a disgrace to the historic AJ 1 line. I’m honestly upset at MJ for not putting his foot down and pulling the plug on this mess (my guess this was Gentry’s idea).

“Not too bad of look”? These look like something a blind person designed (not trying to offend blind people by comparing them to JB’s designers). I REALLY want to know what they’re smoking over there in Beverton, this is honestly pathetic and a disgrace to the historic AJ 1 line. I’m honestly upset at MJ for not putting his foot down and pulling the plug on this mess (my guess this was Gentry’s idea).
That's not a Jordan 1, mate. Inspired by, pieces from, maybe. But it's quite obvious that it's a completely different shoe - different sole, different upper, different silhouette, different panels. If you want to talk about disgrace to the historic AJ1 line, refer back to patents from 2003, and the majority of 2007-2013 including polka dot mids and phat lows.

If you want to talk about disgrace to the historic AJ1 line, refer back to patents from 2003, and the majority of 2007-2013 including polka dot mids and phat lows.

WHY YOU GOTTA TRIGGER ME LIKE THIS

In all seriousness, I actually agree that these have far less in common with AJ 1s but what irks me is that they are selling these as AJ 1 Reacts... They are tying the AJ 1 name to these to wh-re out this trash since they know people will buy anything AJ 1.

Jordan isn’t good at making original designs. Has been that way for almost 10 years now. What they do even worse is “updates” and hybrids.

Yeah, I think when the brand was younger and much smaller, Tinker was way more passionate about designing and, since MJ was still playing, the designs were inherently more iconic as well. Nowadays, it’s all about meeting Nike’s huge sales projections by putting out quantity over quality and a lot of the stuff they are putting out (especially new models, many retro+ cws, and even some poor quality OG cws) seems to suffer from this.

Yeah, I think when the brand was younger and much smaller, Tinker was way more passionate about designing and, since MJ was still playing, the designs were inherently more iconic as well. Nowadays, it’s all about meeting Nike’s huge sales projections by putting out quantity over quality and a lot of the stuff they are putting out (especially new models, many retro+ cws, and even some poor quality OG cws) seems to suffer from this.
Matter of opinion of course but I think Nike basketball as a whole has sucked for years (talking about looks). Maybe my style has changed or I’m not hip to what’s cool but the stuff now is just awful. For the record they’re a lot of OG Jordan’s I also don’t like

I think Nike basketball has actually gotten a lot stronger now compared to 5 years or 10 years ago. Value for money, design and tech these days are on point.

Also, aren't the new Jordans actually are made well? Performance and quality wise. It's been good since the XX8.

I’m not talking about performance. I’m talking about looks and design. Performance being better should be a given

Stronger in terms of what exactly? 5 years ago, LeBrons and KDs were selling out and had crazy resale value.
Now, you can't give them away.
I'm talking about the sneakers.
Selling out has nothing to do with the quality and performance of the line.
Are we not supposed to base it on those exact things when it comes to basketball shoes?

Even the designs are better honestly, people just shifted their eyes on the "hyped" things.
That's how you know people buying KD4s back then weren't even hooping (I know because those are duds on court).

Matter of opinion of course but I think Nike basketball as a whole has sucked for years (talking about looks). Maybe my style has changed or I’m not hip to what’s cool but the stuff now is just awful. For the record they’re a lot of OG Jordan’s I also don’t like

Agreed completely on Nike Basketball. I honestly think they have had a few good releases here and there (I.e. some of the LeBron and Kobe models) but, honestly some might disagree with me here, Nike Basketball hasn’t released a model as good as the Foamposite One and that dropped 21 years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom