Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Both the Triple Blacks and Sails are must haves in the rotation IMO. Rocked the TBs today actually. I like the Cyber Mondays, but never been a huge fan of a colored shoe with a white on white mid and outsole. The only pair of 1s that I'm with that have that scheme are the Vachettas. But the whole "leather that patinas over time" makes them a different type of animal.
IMG_7265.JPG

The black on these is what’s on the shadow 1s

The black on these is what’s on the shadow 1s
I'm 100% down with that if that's the case. I've always wondered why the leather on the Triple Blacks is clearly different than the black leather parts on the Blk/Reds, Royals, BTs, All Stars (2017), etc. I don't think the leather on the Triple Blacks can get glittered up, and it seems softer. I don't know which is "better" leather, but they're clearly different.

I hope so. I definitely prefer the flatter initially stiffer leather of the 1s so they keep true to an OG look and break in nicely over time. I'm tumbled out with 1s. It was cool when in small doses but they overkillin it. Just trying to rock my shoes OG style

I know it's kind of their job to hype, but it just seems like so many people have good things to say about the Shadows. On a related note, I was watching a "review" by Seth Fowler (I know the below "review" isn't him BTW), and he had commented how he wished they made the outsole of the Shadows grey, similar to the way the Blk/Reds and Royals have their outsoles the color of the contrasting color. While it recently dawned on me that that's one of the defining characteristics that differentiate the Shadows from the other two pairs (I always thought they were dope and knew they were different, but had a "duh" moment), the fact that he said he wished it had a grey outsole made me want to be like "dude, do you not realize that the black outsole is how they've always been?!?" Had they been grey, I'd bet money he'd say something about how they're not OG. I'm no historian, but that's just another example of how little a lot of these shoetubers actually know about shoes.

Shoetubers largely have no idea. They just regurgitate the same crap every other shoetuber says, ie quality is bananas, sbb comparisons, etc etc etc. I personally find Seth less disgusting and creepy than some of the other bigger names but if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.

Shoetubers largely have no idea. They just regurgitate the same crap every other shoetuber says, ie quality is bananas, sbb comparisons, etc etc etc. I personally find Seth less disgusting and creepy than some of the other bigger names but if you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.
I like Eddie win pretty much the only dude I watch anymore or yoanty sometimes.

I know it's kind of their job to hype, but it just seems like so many people have good things to say about the Shadows. On a related note, I was watching a "review" by Seth Fowler (I know the below "review" isn't him BTW), and he had commented how he wished they made the outsole of the Shadows grey, similar to the way the Blk/Reds and Royals have their outsoles the color of the contrasting color. While it recently dawned on me that that's one of the defining characteristics that differentiate the Shadows from the other two pairs (I always thought they were dope and knew they were different, but had a "duh" moment), the fact that he said he wished it had a grey outsole made me want to be like "dude, do you not realize that the black outsole is how they've always been?!?" Had they been grey, I'd bet money he'd say something about how they're not OG. I'm no historian, but that's just another example of how little a lot of these shoetubers actually know about shoes.

i like dj delz because unlike most YT out there, he seems to be very honest when it comes to reviews. he's not sponsor conscious like most big time YT'bers out there and he doesn't appear to care at this point since his channel has peaked and even lost a lot of viewers. he seems to be doing all this for the pure joy of collecting sneakers.

I can get jiggy with all this shadow talk. I'm looking forward to just one pair if i can get it than I'm golden. Other than that, there no more upcoming 1s that I really want. I'm still on the fence about gold toes and bred toes. I think I'll save my 500 and stack it for frags as a bday present to myself

thats odd. My wife's X takes beautiful pics.

My wang even looks gorgeous with the X.
With portrait My doesn’t even look like that was my point and keeps telling me zoom out even more when it’s not possible etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom