Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
DA733FA3-FDFF-4BD5-9716-F575FB9D2807.jpeg

I picked the wrong day to post, some heat posted earlier today :smokin

In regards to wearing 1s with shorts. Wear what you like. If you think 1s with shorts looks weird it's probably your own perception being affected by social media. 1s were designed to be worn with shorts on the court. Not everyone who rocked 1s back then was 6ft and up with MJ dimensions. They look good to me when I rock em with shorts and that's all that matters and that's all that should matter to you. Heck, I used to be shy about it until one day I was chillin out in my hood back in Seattle(White Center) and this girl walked up to me and complimented me on my outfit and said "nice legs" she liked how big my legs are, got her number of course but I'm not a skinny dude and my legs are somewhat short. I'm 5'11" very muscular but also chubby. I don't let people judge me on what I wear and if they do than why should it matter. My own perception of myself, confidence, and sense of style are well received but I ain't doing it for them. I do it for me. I want to dress and look a certain way and I mix and mold fashion all the time. Very influenced by 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, and present day subcultures with modern cuts and influence. It shows in every way I dress. If you want to rock 1s with shorts I say go for it Brody. Tips I suggest, go with a more retrofitted short that is more tapered but doesn't stop in the middle of your thighs right at the middle or right above kneecap is a good spot. Gym shorts look best with 1s, definitely stick with longer socks. Don't be afraid to scrunch them up. If you have vintage jersey' s that will match the 1s, rock em. That's the fit that got me the digits lol just be confident in your choice and make it look natural. Also keep them legs moisturized.

Screenshot_20180331-215752.jpg

20180331_220132.png

Na man. None of those pics look good :lol:

You shouldn’t care. It’s not that serious. But based on your thought out response, and multiple edits along the way, you do care.

Yeah I care because I like to keep the humor up in this thread and I like the amusing use of gifs. But what I don't care about is your perception of what does or does not look good in regards to the pictures I posted. I felt fresh and I dress like that all the time during the summer months. That's all that matters, your sense of style isn't like my sense of style and that's ok. But I will check any comments that I perceive to be negative without regards to any real constructive criticism. That's just the kinda dude I am. Some people don't wear things they really want to because they think something wont look good or someone will pull a "you" in this context and that will kill their confidence and chip away at their self esteem. I was the fat, asthmatic, black kid growing up so I'm familiar with those types of comments being directed at me and I let those people's negative comments affect me and they made me hide my true self for the longest until one day I said "fuggit" and after that, things changed for the better.

In regards to wearing 1s with shorts. Wear what you like. If you think 1s with shorts looks weird it's probably your own perception being affected by social media. 1s were designed to be worn with shorts on the court. Not everyone who rocked 1s back then was 6ft and up with MJ dimensions. They look good to me when I rock em with shorts and that's all that matters and that's all that should matter to you. Heck, I used to be shy about it until one day I was chillin out in my hood back in Seattle(White Center) and this girl walked up to me and complimented me on my outfit and said "nice legs" she liked how big my legs are, got her number of course but I'm not a skinny dude and my legs are somewhat short. I'm 5'11" very muscular but also chubby. I don't let people judge me on what I wear and if they do than why should it matter. My own perception of myself, confidence, and sense of style are well received but I ain't doing it for them. I do it for me. I want to dress and look a certain way and I mix and mold fashion all the time. Very influenced by 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, and present day subcultures with modern cuts and influence. It shows in every way I dress. If you want to rock 1s with shorts I say go for it Brody. Tips I suggest, go with a more retrofitted short that is more tapered but doesn't stop in the middle of your thighs right at the middle or right above kneecap is a good spot. Gym shorts look best with 1s, definitely stick with longer socks. Don't be afraid to scrunch them up. If you have vintage jersey' s that will match the 1s, rock em. That's the fit that got me the digits lol just be confident in your choice and make it look natural. Also keep them legs moisturized.

20180331_220132.png

Bruh do you shave your legs?

20180331_220132.png

I'm short with athletic legs so Jordan 1s or any high tops with shorts don't look that good on me... I thought I had big calves but dayummm you got some cannons!

I'm short with athletic legs so Jordan 1s or any high tops with shorts don't look that good on me... I thought I had big calves but dayummm you got some cannons!

I know! I use to hate them for fashionable purposess tbh but I love the attributes that come along with them. I can jump high, sprint really fast, if I kick someone at full strength its a wrap for them, and just overall I have a lot of power and dexterity because of them. My overall muscle structure is super dense( I should do MMA). Tree trunk legs make it difficult to find the right size pants that fit my personal tastes lol not tryin to join #NTdenim anytime soon so I always gotta take my pants to a tailor when purchasing off the rack. Honestly, man I'm sure the ones wouldn't look bad on you if you threw on shorts with them. But y'know we both have different personal tastes so what you may think looks funny would look fine to me and vice versa. Appreciate the compliment though.

Yea I definitely need another pair.. just been moving my feet around cause i kept missing DS pairs for $60 a few months back and now I haven't seen anymore cheap ones :smh:

Back
Top Bottom